The Americans with Disabilities Act

Ice29

Mar 11, 2016
A lawyer asked me earlier yesterday why I'm glad that the Americans with Disabilities Act did pass through the UN to become International law.

I told him this.

I'm glad that it couldn't pass muster in the UN, because it is one of the worst laws in the modern legislative history of the United States.

Then I asked him this.
What is a law ?

He replied "A law is legislation created by the Congress, to set societal rules and regulations".
I said... Exactly !
Then I asked.. and what is a Rule ?
He said "A Rule is a mandate set by a party in charge of making the rules".
Then I said...
Well the Americans with Disabilities Act falls FAR short of being a rule..
He asked me how.

So I said...
For one thing, the Americans with Disabilities Act uses brutally undefinable language that is wide open to personal interpretation and it is piss poorly written with piss poor terminology, and in fact does a whole lot more to allow discrimination against the disabled than what it does to ban it.

I have seen jobs come and go within a half an hour's time because of how poorly written, and poorly understood that it is.

There is also no law to back up the authority of the ADA, requiring that business owners know jack shit about the law, only whether their restaurants have roaches and rats, or don't have roaches and rats, and they don't even have to know the laws about that, they can just take commands from inspectors and hire attorneys to advise them on how to be in compliance with the law.

So in effect, NONE of these laws that are passed by the Government, are getting to the people in charge of having to obey it.

So these fucking people are either incompetent, or purposely sucking up tax dollars and doing nothing.

There should be laws banning discrimination, but those laws should be far more dictatorial, and much more clearly defined and written and easier to prove a violation of, than what they are.

Other countries can do a whole lot better on their own.

It's a joke...

... the problem is, as part of the application process...

... ya have to include the form if you want to be considered under it's protection...

... an instant tip-off to any potential employer.

Yes, lets throw disabled people onto the street! Let them become bums then you can scream at them for being bums.

Lol

And that isn't what I said.
I said the law should be stricter and defined better with more decisive language that protects the disabled better.

Forum List

Back