The Ancient Language of the Hebrew People Restored

I know how to read and speak all of the letters of both the Hebrew and Arabic alphabets.

Although they use a different written form for their letters.

Several of the letters are in the same order and vocally pronounced the same way. ... :cool:

So basically, your education is of a third greader:doubt:

And you know jack.

Thanks for clearing it up.

I know how to read and speak all of the letters of both the Hebrew and Arabic alphabets.

Several of the letters are in the same order and vocally pronounced the same way. ... :cool:

And you know jack.

I notice that you didn't refute what I stated. ... :thup: :eusa_angel:

Robert Govett wrote a book in 1869(?) called, "English Derived From Hebrew." I have a copy but it's hidden in one of my many boxes of books and I don't feel like searching for it. I've only read portions of it. It's a bit dry but interesting to anyone interested in linguistics:
"1869 edition. Excerpt: ...and KeDeR,5'military tumult.' 1 Jin. Tap. 'Kin r6a. 4 nai-ns--itan. CHAPTER VIII. THE ARTS, The Arts, whether of war or peace, borrow their words from the same source. Whence comes our plough? From PLoHH,1 'to cleave asunder, to till the ground.' Whence the flail? From NePHeL,8' to fall,' the last letter doubled to express the frequency with which the instrument is made to fall, and the fugitive N of the commencement is lost. Whence comes 'war?' From AIR,3'to be ardent,' active. The remarkable initial coin is again rendered into our language by W. Dagger and Dirk are easily traced to DeQueR,4'to pierce.' Here we have an example of the same letters being taken in the order of the Hebrew, and also, of their transposition. Let us awhile consider the names of Colours. Whence comes our Roan? From R'OaN, 'to flourish' 'to be green.' Hence also our green, the Oin prefixed: and, with B prefixed, our Brown. Whence come our lilac and scarlet? From HaCLEEL,6 'red.' Th e letters taken in the reverse direction make lilac and in the direct order, with S prefixed, and R inserted by the Chaldee, scarlet. Hence, also, the red feathers of a cock's tail are called his s hackle.' Hence also the artist's 'lake,' a kind of red. Maroon comes from ARGrMOON,7 'reddish purple:' Carmine (and Crimson?) from CaRMEEL,8 'crimson' Pink from NePeK,9 'a ruby or carbuncle,' the letters being 4ipt jyn-'Wan-7viddk. "to-9"p transposed. Black arises from BLaQ,1 'desolate, desert.' Hence also our bleak and blight."
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/English-derived-Hebrew-Robert-Govett/dp/1236652177]English derived from Hebrew: Robert Govett: 9781236652171: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

It isn't that the Jews in Israel decided to take up Hebrew, or teach it to their children in school. There were no schools, there was no Israel.
We are talking about Jews who for generations spoke the language of their great grandparents, and what those grandparents spoke was Russian, because they grew up in Russia. The Spanish Jews spoke Spanish for 2,000 years. The ones in France, spoke French. They spoke English, they spoke Italian generation after generation...

Then God called them home. They speak to each other in Hebrew now, just like God said they would.

It isn't that the Jews in Israel decided to take up Hebrew, or teach it to their children in school. There were no schools, there was no Israel.
We are talking about Jews who for generations spoke the language of their great grandparents, and what those grandparents spoke was Russian, because they grew up in Russia. The Spanish Jews spoke Spanish for 2,000 years. The ones in France, spoke French. They spoke English, they spoke Italian generation after generation...

Then God called them home. They speak to each other in Hebrew now, just like God said they would.
Really??........when did God say that??......guess I didn't get the memo. ... :cool:

And you know jack.

I notice that you didn't refute what I stated. ... :thup: :eusa_angel:

No I didn't. I just clarified that your knowledge of the subject is less than basic.

God sent Eliezer Ben Yehuda to do the job of bringing Hebrew to our lips. We should thank God for him

Hebrew is just a means by which people may communicate. God has chosen three (four?) primary languages to reveal and spread His message. Ancient Hebrew; Aramaic; Greek; and English. Speaking a particular language won't make a person any more holy or saved. Belief in Christ (in any language) is the key to salvation.

Forum List

Back