🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The anti gunner dream...mandatory safe storage of guns....and home inspections...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes, of course safe storage sounds like a great idea....as do most of the gun laws that sound nice and harmless....and then you look at what the anti gunners actually put into the law...and then you realize that the only one getting screwed by the law is the honest, innocent, law abiding citizen...while the criminals do what they want....as usual...

Here is how the great idea of safe storage laws are applied in Britain....surprise home inspections...

Brit Loses Shotgun License for Failing to Close Cabinet Lock - The Truth About Guns

An inspection that could lead to firearms confiscation. In this case, centralsomersetgazette.com reports that the police entered David Robert Meek’s home “while making enquiries about a separate matter.” Does it matter? Nope. In The Land of Hope and Glory (as well as Canada), the police have the right to inspect any shotgun license holder’s home whenever they wish. And here’s what they found in Mr. Meek’s proverbial castle . . .

“When they inspected the inside of his house they found a gun cabinet with the padlock not securely clicked into place with three shotguns and a rifle inside which were therefore accessible,” he said.

“This was in contravention of the licence he held which stated that the cabinet must be locked at all times to prevent access by unauthorised people.”

Defending solicitor Gareth Webb said Meek was a self-employed lorry driver who had held shotgun licences for 40 years and considered himself a responsible person.

He said his client only used the shotguns if he went rabbit shooting but the rifle was a vastly more powerful weapon.

“If he takes it out he phones the police and gives them a long number and on September 24 he went out duck shooting and could have sworn that he closed the padlock because he remembered doing so,” he said.

“However he pushed it together and it obviously did not engage and was therefore not closed.

So the cops tugged on the lock and it opened. And Mr. Meek’s gun rights – such as they were – went out the window. In court, it turned out that the shotgun owner was Meek by name as well as nature.

“He accepts this was a serious problem because that would allow someone to go into the house and access the guns and he is a responsible member of the community who has admitted this offence.”

What a joke...

I'd like to be one of those home inspectors. Imagine having access at any time to any home with the authority to look anywhere. AND GETTING PAID TO DO IT! :thup:

"Oh. Wait a second Mr. Rapist/Murderer/Thief. My gun is locked up in a safe storage even though I don't have kids and none ever come visit because I am a loner by nature. So could you hold on a sec before you kill me so I can get the gun? Thanks in advance!"

Criminal: "Thanks Government for making my criminal jobs so much easier!"

Many of my guns are locked

And loaded. Makes me damn glad I do not live in a hoplophobe infected area where I have to worry about such asinine regulations

Ah well. I have a better idea. You don't store your guns securely, someone takes them and commits a crime, you own the crime, up to and including murder one. Fry a few of the careless gun owners that store their guns where the bad asses can get at them, and people would be a lot more carefull about storing their guns.

Ah well. I have a better idea. You don't store your guns securely, someone takes them and commits a crime, you own the crime, up to and including murder one. Fry a few of the careless gun owners that store their guns where the bad asses can get at them, and people would be a lot more carefull about storing their guns.

Just think if all those AGW cult members really believed their propaganda that CO2 is a pollutant, so in order to show that you believe in your cause you should stop breathing to show your loyalty to your religious case..

Its really not up to you how my guns are stored is it?

Most if not the majority of law abiding gun owners when their guns are stolen report them as such, only a fool would not as its impossible to collect the insurance benefits without a police report

If your car is stolen out of your driveway at night and the thief runs over a jogger should you face charges.

its ENGLISH style , I have no use for mandated safe storage outside of just having them in your home or apartment as its your home or apartment and is off limits to thieves . Mandatory safe storage with rules and decrees just makes self defense harder as another poster points out . When I was a kid all my Dads guns and ammo were in the hall closet and my parents had 5 kids . My .22 rifle and shotgun were in me and my brothers room !!

Yes, of course safe storage sounds like a great idea....as do most of the gun laws that sound nice and harmless....and then you look at what the anti gunners actually put into the law...and then you realize that the only one getting screwed by the law is the honest, innocent, law abiding citizen...while the criminals do what they want....as usual...

Here is how the great idea of safe storage laws are applied in Britain....surprise home inspections...

Brit Loses Shotgun License for Failing to Close Cabinet Lock - The Truth About Guns

An inspection that could lead to firearms confiscation. In this case, centralsomersetgazette.com reports that the police entered David Robert Meek’s home “while making enquiries about a separate matter.” Does it matter? Nope. In The Land of Hope and Glory (as well as Canada), the police have the right to inspect any shotgun license holder’s home whenever they wish. And here’s what they found in Mr. Meek’s proverbial castle . . .

“When they inspected the inside of his house they found a gun cabinet with the padlock not securely clicked into place with three shotguns and a rifle inside which were therefore accessible,” he said.

“This was in contravention of the licence he held which stated that the cabinet must be locked at all times to prevent access by unauthorised people.”

Defending solicitor Gareth Webb said Meek was a self-employed lorry driver who had held shotgun licences for 40 years and considered himself a responsible person.

He said his client only used the shotguns if he went rabbit shooting but the rifle was a vastly more powerful weapon.

“If he takes it out he phones the police and gives them a long number and on September 24 he went out duck shooting and could have sworn that he closed the padlock because he remembered doing so,” he said.

“However he pushed it together and it obviously did not engage and was therefore not closed.

So the cops tugged on the lock and it opened. And Mr. Meek’s gun rights – such as they were – went out the window. In court, it turned out that the shotgun owner was Meek by name as well as nature.

“He accepts this was a serious problem because that would allow someone to go into the house and access the guns and he is a responsible member of the community who has admitted this offence.”

What a joke...

this is what happens when you are a subject

not a citizen (free) citizen

First, if you leave the keys in your car, and someone steals it and gets into an accident, you will probably have some problems with the police and with civil law suits. Second, it is very easy to store guns safely.

And, no, it is not up to me to see that you store your guns safely. But if you fruitloops continue to store your guns in a way that children and fruitloops can access them, it will come to pass that it will be up to the law enforcement agencies to bring proper charges when bad things occur because of your negligence.

its ENGLISH style , I have no use for mandated safe storage outside of just having them in your home or apartment as its your home or apartment and is off limits to thieves . Mandatory safe storage with rules and decrees just makes self defense harder as another poster points out . When I was a kid all my Dads guns and ammo were in the hall closet and my parents had 5 kids . My .22 rifle and shotgun were in me and my brothers room !!

And when I was going to a very rural school, I took my .22 to school, handed the gun and ammo to the teacher, and picked it up after school, and hunted on the way home. But that was a very rural environment, one almost nonexistant today.

The first thing we need to understand about the British is that we kicked them out of the Colonies twice. There is no such thing as the "Bill of Rights" in the British system. The first ten Amendments to the US Constitution were restrictions on the power of the federal government. The 4th Amendment prevents the government from entering without probable cause. If the lame duck democrats are planning an assault on the 4th Amendment like they did with the 1st and 2nd they have about 60 days left.

So, by that logic, if someone kills people in a car accident after they steal your car, you are liable. And you are liable if someone steals knives from your home and uses them in a murder. What if they steal your prescription drugs from the medicine cabinet and commit suicide?

How about people who break in to other people's home and steal shit and then commit more crimes take full responsibility for all of it? Why should people be responsible for the actions of thieves?

Home inspections are a dream for the far left. They'd love nothing more than to be able to enter people's homes at any time and tell them what they are doing wrong, then fine or arrest them if they aren't doing things the way the left thinks they should. Maybe even fine people for not having curly bulbs or low flow toilets. How about arresting people who have propaganda in their homes, like copies of the constitution or other scary stuff? Maybe even confiscate possessions if a person has too many nice things. Yea, the lefties dream of the day when they can invade every last part of our lives and dictate to us.

There are people who don't have children and there is no need for them to keep guns in a locked cabinet. Locking the doors to their homes should be enough, but if someone breaks in, a lock on a gun cabinet is no more of a deterrence than the lock on the door, which they already picked.

We do not need to take any of the blame when a criminal steals, then kills. If criminals know guns are locked up, it's almost as good as people not having guns. I'd rather they fear getting their head blown off for breaking in a person's home. Most people either lock their weapons up or take them along if they leave the house. When home, no fucking way should they be locked in a cabinet.

did the same Old Rocks but my main point is that if guns are in a persons home then that's all the safeguard needed . Its against the law to go in a persons home and steal his guns .

First, if you leave the keys in your car, and someone steals it and gets into an accident, you will probably have some problems with the police and with civil law suits. Second, it is very easy to store guns safely.

And, no, it is not up to me to see that you store your guns safely. But if you fruitloops continue to store your guns in a way that children and fruitloops can access them, it will come to pass that it will be up to the law enforcement agencies to bring proper charges when bad things occur because of your negligence.

The keys are not in the car and doors are locked, try again. Murder charge for the vehicle owner?

What if you home is broken into and a set of knives are stolen, the thief goes next door breaks in but the homeowner is home in a struggle your neighbor is killed by the thief using your knife. Murder charge for you?

Its not up to you to define safe storage of my guns

As for as my guns I do not need you hoplophobes worrying about them they are locked loaded and fine where they are.

yep , I want nothing to do with the Modern thinking coming out of the UK or Britain !!

So, by that logic, if someone kills people in a car accident after they steal your car, you are liable. And you are liable if someone steals knives from your home and uses them in a murder. What if they steal your prescription drugs from the medicine cabinet and commit suicide?

How about people who break in to other people's home and steal shit and then commit more crimes take full responsibility for all of it? Why should people be responsible for the actions of thieves?

Home inspections are a dream for the far left. They'd love nothing more than to be able to enter people's homes at any time and tell them what they are doing wrong, then fine or arrest them if they aren't doing things the way the left thinks they should. Maybe even fine people for not having curly bulbs or low flow toilets. How about arresting people who have propaganda in their homes, like copies of the constitution or other scary stuff? Maybe even confiscate possessions if a person has too many nice things. Yea, the lefties dream of the day when they can invade every last part of our lives and dictate to us.

There are people who don't have children and there is no need for them to keep guns in a locked cabinet. Locking the doors to their homes should be enough, but if someone breaks in, a lock on a gun cabinet is no more of a deterrence than the lock on the door, which they already picked.

We do not need to take any of the blame when a criminal steals, then kills. If criminals know guns are locked up, it's almost as good as people not having guns. I'd rather they fear getting their head blown off for breaking in a person's home. Most people either lock their weapons up or take them along if they leave the house. When home, no fucking way should they be locked in a cabinet.

Yep I get a kick out of those who think a locked up gun makes it unavailable to a thief. With enough time the thief can break into the gun safe as easily as he did the door. Hell with the smaller safes and those designed for a single hand gun they just picked it up and walk out like they did with the TV. The vast majority of gun saves will only keep the curious child at bay and offer protection from fire.

The only reason I own a safe is for the weapons that I know cannot be replaced due to the sentimental value (family heirlooms) and the ones that are rare enough it would be near impossible to replace. With those I know that the safe is still not a big deterrent to a criminal and purchased it for the fire protection it offers

If you wanted to be responsible then you would show that your belief in your AGW religion by not breathing!

I have no problems with gun safes , gun locks and another idea like removing the bolT on a bolt action rifle and storing in a separate safe or place . Anything a person wants to do is cool , my problem is with MANDATORY !!

I have no problems with gun safes , gun locks and another idea like removing the bolT on a bolt action rifle and storing in a separate safe or place . Anything a person wants to do is cool , my problem is with MANDATORY !!

Most are responsible, though human, and there is no such thing as 100% safe. The biggest problem isn't accidental shootings, though they happen once in a while. Criminals remain responsible for the vast majority of murders, which is why I will shoot one if they enter my home.

Liberals just don't want people having guns and will continue to come up with laws that are impossible to follow, therefore giving the tyrants an excuse to confiscate the guns.

Forum List

Back