The Bastard Just Had To Do It: Obama In Hiroshima Apologizes For America's Actions During WW2

Everyone knows that I'm no fan of Obama's, but I think the evidence is clear that we did *not* need to drop atomic bombs on Japan. Released files show that we knew from our intercepts of Japanese military and government communications that the Japanese wanted to surrender at least two weeks before we bombed Hiroshima and that all they really wanted as a condition of surrender was that the emperor not be displaced, which is what we ended up agreeing to do anyway.

Our Unnecessary War with Japan

Last edited:
After the bomb, the Japs let my grandfather, a Dutch civilian, out of a prison camp where they held him for 3 1/2 years for absolutely no reason. He said the war criminal Japs were actually nice to the prisoners after the bomb. Whatever it takes. From what I understand it prevented more bloodshed vs what the alternative was.

I used to think right wingers were crazy saying Obama hates this country. Now I believe them. This trip to Japan was basically apologizing for what America did in Hiroshima. Hillary will be the same or worse... Hey, for a guy who worries about global warming, obama sure burns up a lot of jet fuel. He could just as easily stoop and bow and apologize for all America has done in the past by skyping these foreign leaders.

Oh well.....we did wipe out 140,000 men, women and children in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Truman threatened to use nukes in Korea but thank goodness the two times at the end of the war is all they were ever used. My family came to Oak Ridge in early 1944 and my Dad worked in the manufacture of the bombs. I went to work there in 1952 and worked there till late 1993. At one time the U S had 22,600 nuclear weapons. Now I understand they've reduced that to about 8500. Anyway the bombs which were dropped at the end of the 2nd WW were a pittance compared to the destructive power of the bombs we have today.

Concerning an apology....we'll apologize for Hiroshima and Nagasaki right after the Japs apologize for Pearl Harbor. Have you ever been aboard the Arizona memorial:

USS_Arizona_Memorial_(aerial_view).jpg

Yes I have, it's a unique experience. I do always wonder that how the flaming hypocrisy of the Japanese who want an apology haven't apologized for what they did to us

I am still waiting for the OP to show us where anyone apologized for the bombing of Hiroshima as the OP claimed.

No one that knows how you traitors operate is going to show you a thing.

Someone forgot to make Mikey take his meds today.

I don't need meds to realize that you shills are all liars and traitors.

6. Employ misdirection, smear people

You need your meds to establish contact with reality.

THe only meds I take are blood pressure meds, shill. Gobble gobble traitor.

The small detail that Japan lacked further resources to prosecute the war counted quite a bit, which also underlines the lack of necessity for any invasion. Therefore, the fact that they surrendered after the bombs does not, by itself, mean the bombs caused the surrender. They were more or less the exclamation points on the inutility of continuing.
They were also a horrible, inhumane thing to do.

You must have been a jap back then huh? I wish they had nuked the entire island, then Obastard wouldn't have been able to go there and apologize.

You libs and obozo fans let us know when the Japanese emperor shows up at Pearl Harbor to apologize. Once that happens, you might have a point. Until then, they started it, we finished it, end of story.

By the way, dems-----------------Truman was a democrat.

I used to think right wingers were crazy saying Obama hates this country. Now I believe them. This trip to Japan was basically apologizing for what America did in Hiroshima. Hillary will be the same or worse... Hey, for a guy who worries about global warming, obama sure burns up a lot of jet fuel. He could just as easily stoop and bow and apologize for all America has done in the past by skyping these foreign leaders.

Oh well.....we did wipe out 140,000 men, women and children in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Truman threatened to use nukes in Korea but thank goodness the two times at the end of the war is all they were ever used. My family came to Oak Ridge in early 1944 and my Dad worked in the manufacture of the bombs. I went to work there in 1952 and worked there till late 1993. At one time the U S had 22,600 nuclear weapons. Now I understand they've reduced that to about 8500. Anyway the bombs which were dropped at the end of the 2nd WW were a pittance compared to the destructive power of the bombs we have today.

Concerning an apology....we'll apologize for Hiroshima and Nagasaki right after the Japs apologize for Pearl Harbor. Have you ever been aboard the Arizona memorial:

Yes I have, it's a unique experience. I do always wonder that how the flaming hypocrisy of the Japanese who want an apology haven't apologized for what they did to us

Once again, Japan has apologized dozens of times since the end of the war.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Fair enough, but I didn't mean Japan hasn't apologized, what I am saying is the ones I hear wanting an apology for Hiroshima never apologize for Japanese actions when they do it. They never say we're sorry but are you sorry? It's just that we are war criminals and we haven't apologized for it.

The idea we would apologize for Hiroshima is ridiculous anyway. We were attacked and the bomb saved easily a million Americans and 10 million Japanese over an invasion. We would have had to flatten the country.

Also, last I heard Japanese schools still don't teach that they started the war by attacking us, they present it as an inevitable conflict brought about by US and Japanese expansion in the Pacific

Can you even begin to imagine what This Democrat president would think about our present day Coward In Chief, on dropping the bomb? This was when a Democrat was truly a patriot, not like today's DemoRATS!

I think Truman would be amazed and surprised that our current President is a man of color.

What he wouldn't be surprised about are the lies by Conservatives attacking Democrats- he was used to cowards like you.
Yes...I'm sure he remembers the RW supporters of the Nazis...who profited from selling scrap metal to Japan before the war.

Fair enough, but I didn't mean Japan hasn't apologized, what I am saying is the ones I hear wanting an apology for Hiroshima never apologize for Japanese actions when they do it. They never say we're sorry but are you sorry? It's just that we are war criminals and we haven't apologized for it.....

VOICES: A-bomb survivors leader says Japan shares blame, too

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
The small detail that Japan lacked further resources to prosecute the war counted quite a bit, which also underlines the lack of necessity for any invasion. Therefore, the fact that they surrendered after the bombs does not, by itself, mean the bombs caused the surrender. They were more or less the exclamation points on the inutility of continuing.
They were also a horrible, inhumane thing to do.

You must have been a jap back then huh? I wish they had nuked the entire island, then Obastard wouldn't have been able to go there and apologize.
This apologizing of yours...an obsession?

You libs and obozo fans let us know when the Japanese emperor shows up at Pearl Harbor to apologize. Once that happens, you might have a point. Until then, they started it, we finished it, end of story.

By the way, dems-----------------Truman was a democrat.

LMAO!!! I didn't know I was in a discussion with folks who didn't know that!

Forum List

Back