The Belief That Life Was the Result of an Accident Is Unscientific

Because there is no evidence that anything in the physical world happens for any other reason.

Of course there is.

Some events are caused by a sentient decision, while others are simply random events.

If I set fire to my neighbors house, the resulting fire is due to my ability to assemble the proper elements and my moral choice to do the heinous deed.

It was not due to random events.

When investigators look into the causes of house fires they look for clues that point to intent and design, using scientific forensic techniques to find that tell-tale order and signs of intent.

Have an idiot do the investigation and no, they probably wont find anything. But put a 30 year veteran of such investigations like a Fire Marshal and they probably will find such clues for many reasons.

The OP is asking which materialistic behavior causes mere atoms to combine together in such a way as to cause sentience to occur. The answer is 'None of them' as material lying on a floor does not do such things and have never been observed to do so.

The predictable non-response is to bend the behavior around on itself in a tautology; 'Sentient things are sentient things because they are sentient things' and ducks the entire question as to why.

Deterministic materialism cannot explain things that are not materialistic and sentience is not materialistic.
If you ignite a flammable substance it will burn if the conditions are right. That is science and the result will always be the same. Why you choose to ignite the substance is not a scientific question so don't expect science to provide an answer.

The OP is asking which materialistic behavior causes mere atoms to combine together in such a way as to cause sentience to occur. The answer is the combination of the availability of many different atoms, the electro-magnetic force, natural selection, and time will (inevitably?) lead to life. Does life always lead to sentient life? Unknown at this time but it obviously can.
Here you go, I made it easy for you. All the ingredients of a human being. They can all be purchased on Amazon.

So go make yourself a friend and let us know how it went.

View attachment 152388
Give him 4 billion years and the early conditions of earth

Because there is no evidence that anything in the physical world happens for any other reason.

Of course there is.

Some events are caused by a sentient decision, while others are simply random events.

If I set fire to my neighbors house, the resulting fire is due to my ability to assemble the proper elements and my moral choice to do the heinous deed.

When investigators look into the causes of house fires they look for clues that point to intent and design, using scientific forensic techniques to find that tell-tale order and signs of intent.

Have an idiot do the investigation and no, they probably wont find anything. But put a 30 year veteran of such investigations like a Fire Marshal and they probably will find such clues for many reasons.

The OP is asking which materialistic behavior causes mere atoms to combine together in such a way as to cause sentience to occur. The answer is 'None of them' as material lying on a floor does not do such things and have never been observed to do so.

The predictable non-response is to bend the behavior around on itself in a tautology; 'Sentient things are sentient things because they are sentient things' and ducks the entire question as to why.

Deterministic materialism cannot explain things that are not materialistic and sentience is not materialistic.
If you ignite a flammable substance it will burn if the conditions are right. That is science and the result will always be the same. Why you choose to ignite the substance is not a scientific question so don't expect science to provide an answer.

The OP is asking which materialistic behavior causes mere atoms to combine together in such a way as to cause sentience to occur. The answer is the combination of the availability of many different atoms, the electro-magnetic force, natural selection, and time will (inevitably?) lead to life. Does life always lead to sentient life? Unknown at this time but it obviously can.
Here you go, I made it easy for you. All the ingredients of a human being. They can all be purchased on Amazon.

View attachment 152388

So you think new and different elements will be added to the periodic table?

Your argument lacks all logic and science. Atoms are not going to start bonding to new things.

Of course there is.

View attachment 152388

Your argument lacks all logic and science. Atoms are not going to start bonding to new things.
No, to sentence #1 & I did t even IMPLY that.

2, my argument is that

1. we are made of atoms
2. we are sentient

Therefore, its possible that the mixture can facilitate sentience.

You argument is..

unless you messageboard idiots can tell me how an atom becomes sentient, therefore god.

thats not logical, until you can prove the impossibility of the contrary

Of course there is.

View attachment 152388

2, my argument is that

1. we are made of atoms
2. we are sentient

You argument is..

unless you messageboard idiots can tell me how an atom becomes sentient, therefore god.

You didn’t imply that letting those elements sit for 4 billion years will create life, you stated it.

You’re fabricating reasons why atoms care to look at a sunset.

That materialistic behavior leads to nonmaterialistic events is a huge supposition that there is simply no evidence for at all.

Maybe, maybe not. Except you have not shown the sentience is nonmaterialistic. AI is quickly reaching a point where it may achieve sentience.

However our experience with all known planned events tells us that sentience was planed and not randomly caused, just as a Fire Marshal knows arson from random fire.

If we can produce AI/sentience in just a few decades, who is to say natural forces can't produce it in billions of years?

View attachment 152388

2, my argument is that

1. we are made of atoms
2. we are sentient

You argument is..

You didn’t imply that letting those elements sit for 4 billion years will create life, you stated it.

elements creating life is not "new and different elements being added to the periodic table"

im not fabricating anything - im proposing possibilities and saying that "i dont know;" however, I do know that there are scientific theories published on the matter....(abiogenesis, evolutionary biology)

and i also know that you havent proven its IMPOSSIBLE to have happened without a creator.

So, Im not sure why you think that advances the proof of a creator.....

youd have to prove its impossible otherwise.

You havent.

OK, see you back here in a few million years. May take a few billion if I don't actively direct it.

That materialistic behavior leads to nonmaterialistic events is a huge supposition that there is simply no evidence for at all.

Maybe, maybe not. Except you have not shown the sentience is nonmaterialistic. AI is quickly reaching a point where it may achieve sentience.

However our experience with all known planned events tells us that sentience was planed and not randomly caused, just as a Fire Marshal knows arson from random fire.

If we can produce AI/sentience in just a few decades, who is to say natural forces can't produce it in billions of years?
Where in science does it say chaos naturally evolves into order?

Evolutionary Biology.

View attachment 152388

2, my argument is that

1. we are made of atoms
2. we are sentient

You argument is..

elements creating life is not "new and different elements being added to the periodic table"

im not fabricating anything - im proposing possibilities and saying that "i dont know;" however, I do know that there are scientific theories published on the matter....(abiogenesis, evolutionary biology)

and i also know that you havent proven its IMPOSSIBLE to have happened without a creator.

You havent.
I’ll ask you too.

Evolutionary Biology.
Nope. It does not.

2, my argument is that

1. we are made of atoms
2. we are sentient

You argument is..

You havent.
I’ll ask you too.
Evolutionary biology

Which is actually common sense. Natural selection isnt that hard to grasp.

A crystal or crystalline solid is a solid material whose constituents (such as atoms, molecules, or ions) are arranged in a highly ordered microscopic structure, forming a crystal lattice that extends in all directions.[1][2] In addition, macroscopic single crystals are usually identifiable by their geometrical shape, consisting of flat faces with specific, characteristic orientations. The scientific study of crystals and crystal formation is known as crystallography. The process of crystal formation via mechanisms of crystal growth is called crystallization or solidification.

Let me know if you want others.

Evolutionary Biology.
Nope. It does not.
Yes, it absolutely does. Evolutionary biology states that the fittest gene characteristics survive - so naturally, organisms become more adaptable to their environments which is what Id describe as "order," unless you mean something else.

Evolutionary Biology.
Nope. It does not.
Yes, it absolutely does. Evolutionary biology states that the fittest gene characteristics survive - so naturally, organisms become more adaptable to their environments which is what Id describe as "order," unless you mean something else.
No, your talking about life. And we are discussing why there is life. You have to start with your cosmic explosion and dirt.

Lol, it is like saying that you can kill a rock by splitting it.

Leftards are some of the stupidest people on the entire fucking planet.

You can't kill a rock because it is no a living thing. However, if you split it into it constituent minerals it is no longer a rock. Same goes for atoms.

Evolutionary Biology.
Nope. It does not.
No, your talking about life. And we are discussing why there is life. You have to start with your cosmic explosion and dirt.
My cosmic explosion and dirt?

I dont have a cosmic explosion.

Dirt has nutrients.

Youre going to have to be more specific.

Forum List

Back