The Belief That Life Was the Result of an Accident Is Unscientific

OK.
Then why does life exist? If all that we are are the elements listed, I think we can agree that does not explain why.

Right?
I DONT KNOW that sentience isnt adequatly explained via biology - so why would I AGREE with that comment?

I dont operate that way.

What your doing here is saying "because it hasnt been explained to me, its not possible."

IM NOT doing that regarding a creator. If I didnt think one was "possible," Id be an atheist.... and not an agnostic.

Its possible, its just not been proven to me.

Same as sentience coming from a conglomeration of the periodic table (which is probably a malformed question to begin with....but Id defer to a biologist).......just because nobodys yet explained it to you doesnt make it impossible.
So you’re open to the possibility that the pencil on your desk may get up and do the cha-cha?
No, because gravity is a concept thats been explained to me adequately...and I know the composition of a pencil does not express those traits.

lol the fakk
You obviously have the reason why elements are sentient explained to well enough as to know why this is and is not, so why don’t you share with the class.
I dont even think "elements are sentient" is an accurate statement to begin with...but again, a biologist could better explain than I could.

For example, if you extract a carbon molecule from my body ~ it wouldnt be sentient.
No biologist has an answer either.

Because the answer makes many uncomfortable.

I DONT KNOW that sentience isnt adequatly explained via biology - so why would I AGREE with that comment?

I dont operate that way.

What your doing here is saying "because it hasnt been explained to me, its not possible."

IM NOT doing that regarding a creator. If I didnt think one was "possible," Id be an atheist.... and not an agnostic.

Its possible, its just not been proven to me.

Same as sentience coming from a conglomeration of the periodic table (which is probably a malformed question to begin with....but Id defer to a biologist).......just because nobodys yet explained it to you doesnt make it impossible.
So you’re open to the possibility that the pencil on your desk may get up and do the cha-cha?
No, because gravity is a concept thats been explained to me adequately...and I know the composition of a pencil does not express those traits.

lol the fakk
You obviously have the reason why elements are sentient explained to well enough as to know why this is and is not, so why don’t you share with the class.
I dont even think "elements are sentient" is an accurate statement to begin with...but again, a biologist could better explain than I could.

For example, if you extract a carbon molecule from my body ~ it wouldnt be sentient.

No biologist has the answer to evolutionary biology?

I think theres several, if you went and looked.

You are asserting that because you dont posess the explanation, therefore something is impossible.

Thats not reasonable.

In order to assert that, you have to demonstrate the impossibility of the contrary....which you arent doing, youre merely asserting.

Right wing beliefs are fuked up in so many ways. First, because of the nonsense they believe. Second, because of the nonsense they imagine, and then believe others believe that same ridiculous nonsense they imagined to begin with.

Life arose because the conditions were right. How is not known but there are plenty of theories (see Abiogenesis) or last months Scientific American.
So why ASSUME that it was merely because the conditions were right?

And why havent any of those theories been proven? Because Science cannot prove the answer to 'why' anyway.
Because there is no evidence that anything in the physical world happens for any other reason. If you wish to postulate it was aliens or a supernatural world, I await the evidence.

Was Jesus a man or a myth? We have a reasonable amount of evidence he lived but, whatever believers may say, we have no proof.

lol the fakk

You are asserting that because you dont posess the explanation, therefore something is impossible.

Thats not reasonable.

In order to assert that, you have to demonstrate the impossibility of the contrary....which you arent doing, youre merely asserting.
For the tenth time then, offer a theory why elements of the periodic table dance and write poetry.

Because there is no evidence that anything in the physical world happens for any other reason.

Of course there is.

Some events are caused by a sentient decision, while others are simply random events.

If I set fire to my neighbors house, the resulting fire is due to my ability to assemble the proper elements and my moral choice to do the heinous deed.

It was not due to random events.

When investigators look into the causes of house fires they look for clues that point to intent and design, using scientific forensic techniques to find that tell-tale order and signs of intent.

Have an idiot do the investigation and no, they probably wont find anything. But put a 30 year veteran of such investigations like a Fire Marshal and they probably will find such clues for many reasons.

The OP is asking which materialistic behavior causes mere atoms to combine together in such a way as to cause sentience to occur. The answer is 'None of them' as material lying on a floor does not do such things and have never been observed to do so.

The predictable non-response is to bend the behavior around on itself in a tautology; 'Sentient things are sentient things because they are sentient things' and ducks the entire question as to why.

Deterministic materialism cannot explain things that are not materialistic and sentience is not materialistic.

Right wing beliefs are fuked up in so many ways. First, because of the nonsense they believe. Second, because of the nonsense they imagine, and then believe others believe that same ridiculous nonsense they imagined to begin with.
Well, since your entire rebuttal consisted of childish personal attacks, guess who wins the debate.

lol the fakk

Thats not reasonable.

For the tenth time then, offer a theory why elements of the periodic table dance and write poetry.
I have evidence they DO - i can type you this message.

but for the last time, only a biologist could... or someone very studied in the field could explain it to you in a scientific way

We just had a horrible shooting last night. Why should atoms care? No atoms were harmed nor destroyed.

Can someone get jimmothy a xanax, jeezisss that dudes legit angered.

Thats not reasonable.

but for the last time, only a biologist could... or someone very studied in the field could explain it to you in a scientific way
Something is manipulating the atoms in your body.

OMG, you are a fucking retard.

Have other atheists started bribing you to get out of the thread yet?

No, probably not as most of them as as stupid as you are.

Thats not reasonable.

Something is manipulating the atoms in your body.
Is that an assertion....

Forum List

Back