The Belief That Life Was the Result of an Accident Is Unscientific

Im not really mad at your embarraasing grovelling and shit. I like it, I just dont take it "seriously" because youre stupid.
You have demonstrated that you dont understand what I am saying.

You thinking me stupid is nothing more than what a monkey might do observing someone putting on a pair of boots.

"Okkkey, ooookey, oookey, SQUEAL give me a banana!" <- concise summary of your bullshit

Can someone get jimmothy a xanax, jeezisss that dudes legit angered.
Lol, me making a fool out of you does not make me anything more than a thinking person.
Im not really mad at your embarraasing grovelling and shit. I like it, I just dont take it "seriously" because youre stupid.
The atoms that made up the bodies of those murdered last night are unchanged and will be here a thousand years from now.

So why do they care about last night?

Anyway, my understanding is that either abiogenesis or panspermia resulted in life on earth - and from there evolutionary biology over time resulted in what you see, today.

We are obviously not at the peak of our evolution, as the fear of death still allows cognitive dissonance and mass manipulation to be possible ....when it comes to coping with that ultimate question.

Lol, me making a fool out of you does not make me anything more than a thinking person.
The atoms that made up the bodies of those murdered last night are unchanged and will be here a thousand years from now.

The atoms individually dont.

The central nervous system did. Which is something biology explains as having developed over time through cellular mutations.

Anyway, my understanding is that either abiogenesis or panspermia resulted in life on earth - and from there evolutionary biology over time resulted in what you see, today.

We are obviously not at the peak of our evolution, as the fear of death still allows cognitive dissonance and mass manipulation to be possible ....when it comes to coping with that ultimate question.
Doesn’t address the OP. Why do you think elements of the periodic table are sentient?

Because there is no evidence that anything in the physical world happens for any other reason.

Of course there is.

Some events are caused by a sentient decision, while others are simply random events.

If I set fire to my neighbors house, the resulting fire is due to my ability to assemble the proper elements and my moral choice to do the heinous deed.

It was not due to random events.

When investigators look into the causes of house fires they look for clues that point to intent and design, using scientific forensic techniques to find that tell-tale order and signs of intent.

Have an idiot do the investigation and no, they probably wont find anything. But put a 30 year veteran of such investigations like a Fire Marshal and they probably will find such clues for many reasons.

The OP is asking which materialistic behavior causes mere atoms to combine together in such a way as to cause sentience to occur. The answer is 'None of them' as material lying on a floor does not do such things and have never been observed to do so.

The predictable non-response is to bend the behavior around on itself in a tautology; 'Sentient things are sentient things because they are sentient things' and ducks the entire question as to why.

Deterministic materialism cannot explain things that are not materialistic and sentience is not materialistic.
If you ignite a flammable substance it will burn if the conditions are right. That is science and the result will always be the same. Why you choose to ignite the substance is not a scientific question so don't expect science to provide an answer.

The OP is asking which materialistic behavior causes mere atoms to combine together in such a way as to cause sentience to occur. The answer is the combination of the availability of many different atoms, the electro-magnetic force, natural selection, and time will (inevitably?) lead to life. Does life always lead to sentient life? Unknown at this time but it obviously can.

The central nervous system did. Which is something biology explains as having developed over time through cellular mutations.
That’s all we are. Atoms. Atoms that bond with each other to form the elements in the periodic table.

Doesn’t address the OP. Why do you think elements of the periodic table are sentient?
Why do I think so? Oh ....just my opinion?

Survival of the fittest traits... times close to 4 billion years of mutations and reproduction.

That’s all we are. Atoms. Atoms that bond with each other to form the elements in the periodic table.
So what?

If you want proof that atoms can form in such a way as to create thinking organisms, look in the mirror .....or prove we arent atoms...

both would be more rational than inserting god into that gap of knowledge

Survival of the fittest traits... times close to 4 billion years of mutations and reproduction.
Survival of the fittest? How do you kill an atom?

Survival of the fittest? How do you kill an atom?
You kill a biological organism.

If you ignite a flammable substance it will burn if the conditions are right. That is science and the result will always be the same.

You know that is not true if you have ever tried to build a camp fire, lol.

That would make any rational person believe in fire spirits.

Why you choose to ignite the substance is not a scientific question so don't expect science to provide an answer.

Exactly, but scientific inquiry can distinguish between random fires and fires started with intent, which was the point.

The OP is asking which materialistic behavior causes mere atoms to combine together in such a way as to cause sentience to occur. The answer is the combination of the availability of many different atoms, the electro-magnetic force, natural selection, and time will (inevitably?) lead to life. Does life always lead to sentient life? Unknown at this time but it obviously can.
That materialistic behavior leads to nonmaterialistic events is a huge supposition that there is simply no evidence for at all.

However our experience with all known planned events tells us that sentience was planed and not randomly caused, just as a Fire Marshal knows arson from random fire.

Because there is no evidence that anything in the physical world happens for any other reason.

Of course there is.

Some events are caused by a sentient decision, while others are simply random events.

If I set fire to my neighbors house, the resulting fire is due to my ability to assemble the proper elements and my moral choice to do the heinous deed.

It was not due to random events.

When investigators look into the causes of house fires they look for clues that point to intent and design, using scientific forensic techniques to find that tell-tale order and signs of intent.

Have an idiot do the investigation and no, they probably wont find anything. But put a 30 year veteran of such investigations like a Fire Marshal and they probably will find such clues for many reasons.

The OP is asking which materialistic behavior causes mere atoms to combine together in such a way as to cause sentience to occur. The answer is 'None of them' as material lying on a floor does not do such things and have never been observed to do so.

The predictable non-response is to bend the behavior around on itself in a tautology; 'Sentient things are sentient things because they are sentient things' and ducks the entire question as to why.

Deterministic materialism cannot explain things that are not materialistic and sentience is not materialistic.
If you ignite a flammable substance it will burn if the conditions are right. That is science and the result will always be the same. Why you choose to ignite the substance is not a scientific question so don't expect science to provide an answer.

Here you go, I made it easy for you. All the ingredients of a human being. They can all be purchased on Amazon.

So go make yourself a friend and let us know how it went.

56E4A5AC-1DB6-4F13-95B4-94A61CC2AFBE.jpeg

Forum List

Back