The Belief That Life Was the Result of an Accident Is Unscientific

Any abortion after 6 weeks is murder.
Welcome to the pro-choice side. We may or may not agree on the specific timing but I'm glad you see that from the moment of conception until some arbitrary time, abortion is not murder.
Thanks for validating my point. Even though you know you are stopping a beating heart and normal brain waves are present you want to murder children.
I never said I knew when a human life begins. I only know that it is somewhere between a fertilized egg and birth.

Welcome to the pro-choice side. We may or may not agree on the specific timing but I'm glad you see that from the moment of conception until some arbitrary time, abortion is not murder.
Thanks for validating my point. Even though you know you are stopping a beating heart and normal brain waves are present you want to murder children.
What complicates the abortion question is the difference between personal morality one lives by personally vrs the morality that one wants to impose through civil law.

I want to go to church and I think everyone should, but I oppose any laws via the government that make it compulsory.

I think that ensoulment occurs at conception, but I dont think I can justify with secular reasoning (that does not depend on revelation) any restrictions prior to the first trimester.

Others see no point to splitting such hairs and are 100% on one side or the other.

But a compromise policy is doable.
Morals are established by society. Before 160 years ago slavery was the norm in America. People changed the norm.

I never said I knew when a human life begins. I only know that it is somewhere between a fertilized egg and birth.
Like I said, you’re fine with killing a child with normal brain waves and a beating heart.

Morals are established by society. Before 160 years ago slavery was the norm in America. People changed the norm.
Now we have abolished slavery, decriminalized abortion (under certain conditions), legalized gay marriage, prohibited gender and other discrimination. I think we're making progress.

Like I said, you’re fine with killing a child with normal brain waves and a beating heart.
I agreed with you that abortion before 6 weeks was not murder. I don't know when normal brain waves and a beating heart occurs, only that is certainly before birth.

I agreed with you that abortion before 6 weeks was not murder. I don't know when normal brain waves and a beating heart occurs, only that is certainly before birth.
Science knows.
6 weeks.

Now we have abolished slavery, decriminalized abortion (under certain conditions), legalized gay marriage, prohibited gender and other discrimination. I think we're making progress.
The fact is the left even oppose making an ultrasound of the baby before abortion.

You know why?

Most moms change their mind upon seeing their child.

OMG. This has to be a first for USMB!!!!!!
The compromise I am speaking of is to define the beginning of life under our secular laws as the same as the end of life.

The cessation of the heart, brain and lungs define the end of life.

Why cant the formation of the brain, lungs and heart not be sufficient to define its beginning?

22089785_10211843785702706_7630059812337040509_n.jpg

Most moms change their mind upon seeing their child.
Completely untrue. Only 1.6% of women, and only those unsure to begin with, change their mind. Hardly 'most'.
Then why do pro-abortion supporters so ardently oppose pre-abortion ultra sounds?
As I understand it, ultrasounds are always done before an abortion but less than 1/2 of women care to see it. Seems like a basic right.

Why do conservatives always complain about big government overreach or gov't infringing on their 2nd amendment rights by gun control measures?

It is not surprising that viewing ultrasounds under the care and direction of pro-life supporters would result in a much higher reversal rate than ultra sounds administered by abortion mill doctors.

And of course a liberal site like politifact is going to ignore the context.

OMG. This has to be a first for USMB!!!!!!
The compromise I am speaking of is to define the beginning of life under our secular laws as the same as the end of life.

The cessation of the heart, brain and lungs define the end of life.

Why cant the formation of the brain, lungs and heart not be sufficient to define its beginning?
The heat beats at 3 weeks but the heart and lungs don't fully develop until a few weeks before birth. Probably not the compromise you're looking for.

Why do conservatives always complain about big government overreach or gov't infringing on their 2nd amendment rights by gun control measures?

I dont know, but I would guess that the track record for governments over the last century does not encourage anyone to trust the government.

Why do leftists always try to redefine what makes one truly human so that they can rationalize slaughtering their target populations, like Jews, Kulaks and unborn babies?

Forum List

Back