The Best Tv Series You Ever Watched?

The best series I have ever watched .............. I Claudius

Oh My Lord how good was that ..have you ever heard of it there in US my darlings?

The Roman Empire ....you know? ....made by the BBC ...lots of culture....not your usual Kardashians shit...

anyway...that's my fab.

The best series I have ever watched .............. I Claudius

Oh My Lord how good was that ..have you ever heard of it there in US my darlings?

The Roman Empire ....you know? ....made by the BBC ...lots of culture....not your usual Kardashians shit...

anyway...that's my fab.

It was the first program I ever watched on VHS tapes at college..1980, made Derek Jacobi, John Hurt into stars..

The Wire.
Arrested Development.

It's only been one season so far, but True Detective might end up reaching the top of the list too.
Colin Farrel and Vince Vaughn will be in the next one....

I heard. I like Vince Vaughn, and I have a grudging respect for Colin Farrell. So it should be pretty good.

The Dick Van Dyke Show.

Comedy which holds up across a 50 year generation gap and which can be appreciated today because it isn't contextualized by the fads of the moment is very rare.

I Love Lucy is another such show. Timeless.

I'm suspicious of Best Shows which almost always happen to be recent shows. I suspect that judgments get influenced by memory distortions.

Gilligan's Island can't be matched for innocent, zany fun. Everything about that show is smaltzy but somehow it works and it holds up. Oh Gilligan, you did it again.

The Dick Van Dyke Show.

Comedy which holds up across a 50 year generation gap and which can be appreciated today because it isn't contextualized by the fads of the moment is very rare.

I Love Lucy is another such show. Timeless.

I'm suspicious of Best Shows which almost always happen to be recent shows. I suspect that judgments get influenced by memory distortions.

Gilligan's Island can't be matched for innocent, zany fun. Everything about that show is smaltzy but somehow it works and it holds up. Oh Gilligan, you did it again.
Except for the rescue movie...

MacGyver, Dr. Welby, Alf, NCIS, Bob Hope Show, Bing Crosby Show, Bill Cosby Show, Dr. Kildare, Doris Day Show, Sea Hunt

Never saw it. Should I add it to my must watch list in order to boost my cultural literacy? I hear people talking about the Brady Bunch and the Six Million Dollar Man but never hear Flipper. I just looked it up, about a dolphin. So what was great about it?

South Park. Nothing even comes close. But I admit it's for a younger generation.

As for 2 and 3?

Scrubs got me through college with no cable. I freaking love that show that's #2.

#3 has to be The Wire

Breaking Bad is up there in the top 10 though Gramps :thup:

The Wire was and still is the best show on TV. It was cancelled way to early!

Forum List

Back