The Bible: What Was Placed In

Well ... the clincher as to why the christian bible is wrong comes from the Egypt stories, since those were all completely fabricated it was easy to find the other faults.

Actually, no.

They just found evidence of Hebrew settlements in Egypt at the time of Moses. Also have found evidence of Hebrews living in the desert.

Imagine that!

That almost sounds like you're ducking the question dear.

Are ya scared?

What question, I was replying originally to someone who pointed out an error in another post of mine and offering a brief explanation as to why it would have been there.

Are you just looking for an argument again?

No, the Bible doesn't say Cairo.

They have also found Babylon, and Sodom and Gomorrah.

There is a rock which is split and shows evidence of water erosion (where Moses hit the moutain with his staff and water sprang forth) and evidence of the stone tablets being burned out of the side of the mountain.

It isn't the traditional Mt. Sinai, though. It's in a different place...

None of this evidence exists as said, there are still no more than possible clues. If you want to see the air bad enough, you will.

I'm quite aware that evangelical/fundamentalist Christians who believe in the inerrancy/infallibility of the Bible post on this board, so what are they waiting for?

You are looking for a theologian, scribe or a pharissee to answer your questions or I should say debate with you.

When it comes to having faith in God, why would anyone want to debate with you?

One either has faith or not. They do not need to prove to you why they have that faith.

Any consistent Christian would be morally obligated to "always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks [them] a reason for the hope that is in [them]." (1 Peter 3:15)

Any consistent Christian would be morally obligated to "always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks [them] a reason for the hope that is in [them]." (1 Peter 3:15)
Yet that is not what you are asking for.

Yet that is not what you are asking for.

But it is. Biblical infallibility is a core tenet of the Christian faith. As such, challenging the validity of the tenet functions as a challenge of the "reason for the hope that is in [them]."

Forum List

Back