The big question about life on other planets: 1000000000000000000000 planets in the universe

Stars do not make elements they are made up of them, fusion only happens at the surface not in the centers
That appears to be completely irrelevant, and i have no idea why you said it.
Stars explode and the pieces form new stars. There is no known way to make matter. Matter and energy are in flux but constant in volume

Not sure why entropy eludes you

but then the mystery remains..... where did that constant volume of matter come from in the first place??

How are you going to make bronze or steel without fire? No creature is going to advance past the stone age without the ability to use fire.

You need heat to make bronze or steel. Heat from lava would work just fine.
Yeah, that's a practical solution. Just wait for a volcano to erupt.

There are volcanic eruptions on the sea floor that are continuous.
How would an intelligent life form even get near them? Keep in mind that the melting point of iron is 2795.0 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, where would they get the carbon to make steel?

I have no idea, but then I am not one of them.

The point is that there are many different types of creatures in the universe possible.
Again a plasma fusion antigravity shell creating antigravity which repels matter. Theoretically one could pass right thru a star. See the speculation is easy, the building is tougher

Stars do not make elements they are made up of them, fusion only happens at the surface not in the centers
Stars explode and the pieces form new stars. There is no known way to make matter. Matter and energy are in flux but constant in volume

but then the mystery remains..... where did that constant volume of matter come from in the first place??
And the mystery is quite sad, because we may never know. We might even meet up with another race billions of years older than us who also do not know.

Again,that appears to be completely irrelevant. Everything I said still holds.

No heavy elements = no planets. Wherever there are heavy elements, there is lots of carbon. Simple facts.

How are you going to make bronze or steel without fire? No creature is going to advance past the stone age without the ability to use fire.

How would an intelligent life form even get near them? Keep in mind that the melting point of iron is 2795.0 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, where would they get the carbon to make steel?
Plasma fusion gravitational bubble
That implies it already has steel as well as other exotic metals. You put the cart before the horse.

No heavy elements = no planets. Wherever there are heavy elements, there is lots of carbon. Simple facts.
Your stupidity reminds me of Carl Sagan who once said that the pace of scientific discovery was slowing and would come to a stop because everything had been learned.

Thankfully the engineers at Intel ignored the fuckwad

That implies it already has steel as well as other exotic metals. You put the cart before the horse.
Why would a plasma fusion gravitational bubble need steel? Since the antigravity would be the repelling agent perhaps paper or plastic would work just fine

Your stupidity reminds me of Carl Sagan who once said that the pace of scientific discovery was slowing and would come to a stop because everything had been learned.

None of that is relevant, either. Grow up, son.

None of that is relevant, either. Grow up, son.

Are you claiming that steel is important for interstellar travel?

Spider silk is stronger than steel

An explanation of Frannie's bizarre behavior:

Frannie is here to try to sow doubt in anything and everything. He does this because he really, really wants to elevate his belief in magical sky daddies up to the same level as evidence-based determinations. Unable to actually elevate his magical ideas , he is left with one option: drag other ideas into the murk where his faith resides.

Frannie says he believes that nothing can be known. And he believes that, this being true, his magical ideas are as valid as any scientific idea.

Of course, the source of Frannie's frustration is that he knows neither of these are true. but he really, really WISHES they were true, because he has to prop up his magical beliefs somehow.

So, he takes this all very personally. Every time he says something stupid or makes up something false, then gets called on it, he has no other recourse than to throw a grade A hissy fit. Then, when people decide to leave him to it, he feels as though he has "won". In this way, he self-affirms.

Rinse, repeat. Same thing, every time.

Frannie is here to try to sow doubt in anything and everything. He does this because he really, really wants to elevate his belief in magical sky daddies up to the same level as evidence-based determinations. Unable to actually elevate his magical ideas , he is left with one option: drag other ideas into the murk where his faith resides.

Frannie says he believes that nothing can be known. And he believes that, this being true, his magical ideas are as valid as any scientific idea.

Of course, the source of Frannie's frustration is that he knows neither of these are true. but he really, really WISHES they were true, because he has to prop up his magical beliefs somehow.

So, he takes this all very personally. Every time he says something stupid or makes up something false, then gets called on it, he has no other recourse than to throw a grade A hissy fit. Then, when people decide to leave him to it, he feels as though he has "won". In this way, he self-affirms.

The only way there can be doubt about things that are not known is that some fool believes as fact what no one knows to be fact.

Like saying all life must be based on carbon because that is true on Earth. There is just no scientific validity to the statement, the statement violates logic UNLESS you believe that the Earth is the life model for the universe, which again violates logic

Sorry I tried to be stupid once and accidentally dismantled the internet.

Not everyone was happy

The only way there can be doubt about things that are not known is that some fool believes as fact what no one knows to be fact.

Like saying all life must be based on carbon because that is true on Earth. There is just no scientific validity to the statement, the statement violates logic UNLESS you believe that the Earth is the life model for the universe, which again violates logic

Not everyone was happy
And a quiet envelopes the orb of Jericho

Not everyone was happy
And a quiet envelopes the orb of Jericho

Humans don't make iron atoms, so your example is absurd.
Who here said anything about making atoms? For that matter, humans don't make any bronze or steel atoms either, No one makes atoms.

They may be intelligent, but they don't have any kind of technology.
What is the connection between intelligence and technology? Chimpanzees have technology; they makes tools. There are insects that make tools. Humankind has technology mainly as a matter of survival. We are weak and cannot survive without it. So our technological is more a matter of necessity rather than intelligence. We created it to live, then it taught us things giving us more intelligence in reward.

You are wrong, you are basing your ideas on all that you know and making an assumption that all you know is that all there is.

Are you aware that there is life on Earth that uses arsenic?

You are a little child that wants to be the center of the universe, everything great is just like you.

This is foolishness

I'm not talking about life that USES carbon, you idiot, I'm talking about carbon-BASED life. There is no arsenic-based life on Earth. You are honestly worse than talking to a 7 year old.
You are actually claiming in your own dumb way that everything everywhere must be like earth

Tell us what info do you base this on?

Fran, Honey, you have NO IDEA what I am claiming! Just take a pill and go sit down while you are still ahead.
Then tell us why is Carbon a must for all life including the speculative life from other planets.

This ought to be good, and add in do all other planets that have life need to also have Darwin's mythical pond?

Seriously you are too ignorant and childish to know that you are making unsubstantiated claims, stating them as facts with no basis in reality.

On the plus side, at least you know you are a freak

There is alway a chance that there is something we have not seen before here, yes, but from what I could see in the video I posted, silicon based molecules are more limited than carbon based ones and whereas carbon type molecules commonly form long chains and double bonds, silicon molecules are very limited.

Unless of course there are some exceptions to that somewhere in the universe

Put simply, carbon is one of the most universal, basic elements out there. Found in abundance, able to combine in limitless ways to form amino acids, proteins, hydrocarbons, complex organic chains, everything needed to form life. Silicon on the other hand is a much more complex metaloid, with vastly less ability to combine with other elements.

It's a case of carbon life being so naturally likely anywhere there is liquid water to almost be a certainty whereas with silicon, it is more a case of simply saying it is a hypothetically possibly which cannot be ruled out as having zero chance. Nature is a machine of the least path of resistance, it goes with what works based on suitability, adaptability and survivability and carbon offers far far more chances of hitting the numbers right. Life in space is almost certain, and it is nearly certain it will be carbon based. And as carbon based, its life will follow basic similarities and patterns to our own.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about life that USES carbon, you idiot, I'm talking about carbon-BASED life. There is no arsenic-based life on Earth. You are honestly worse than talking to a 7 year old.
You are actually claiming in your own dumb way that everything everywhere must be like earth

Fran, Honey, you have NO IDEA what I am claiming! Just take a pill and go sit down while you are still ahead.
Then tell us why is Carbon a must for all life including the speculative life from other planets.

This ought to be good, and add in do all other planets that have life need to also have Darwin's mythical pond?

Seriously you are too ignorant and childish to know that you are making unsubstantiated claims, stating them as facts with no basis in reality.

There is alway a chance that there is something we have not seen before here, yes, but from what I could see in the video I posted, silicon based molecules are more limited than carbon based ones and whereas carbon type molecules commonly form long chains and double bonds, silicon molecules are very limited.

Put simply, carbon is one of the most universal, basic elements out there. Found in abundance, able to combine in limitless ways to form amino acids, proteins, hydrocarbons, complex organic chains, everything needed to form life. Silicon on the other hand is a much more complex metaloid, with vastly less ability to combine with other elements.

It's a case of carbon life being so naturally likely anywhere there is liquid water to almost be a certainty whereas with silicon, it is more a case of simply saying it is a hypothetically possibly which cannot be ruled out as having zero chance. Nature is a machine of the least path of resistance, it goes with what works based on suitability, adaptability and survivability and carbon offers far far more chances of hitting the numbers right. Life in space is almost certain, and it is nearly certain it will be carbon based. And as carbon based, its life will follow basic similarities and patterns to our own.

Since you do not know anything about alien life you are completely babbling

Really you are insane

It's a case of carbon life being so naturally likely anywhere there is liquid water to almost be a certainty whereas with silicon, it is more a case of simply saying it is a hypothetically possibly which cannot be ruled out as having zero chance. Nature is a machine of the least likely path of resistance, it goes with what works based on suitability, adaptability and survivability and carbon offers far far more chances of hitting the numbers right. Life in space is almost certain, and it is nearly certain it will be carbon based. And as carbon based, its life will follow basic similarities and patterns to our own.

Silicon based life forms is an intriguing thought though. Apparently silicon and carbon can be put into the same molecule in the lab, so one has to wonder what can be done with this in controlled situations, in the future. And now that we have bio 3-D printing, the imagination can go kind of crazy with that.

It's a case of carbon life being so naturally likely anywhere there is liquid water to almost be a certainty whereas with silicon, it is more a case of simply saying it is a hypothetically possibly which cannot be ruled out as having zero chance. Nature is a machine of the least likely path of resistance, it goes with what works based on suitability, adaptability and survivability and carbon offers far far more chances of hitting the numbers right. Life in space is almost certain, and it is nearly certain it will be carbon based. And as carbon based, its life will follow basic similarities and patterns to our own.

Silicon based life forms is an intriguing thought though. Apparently silicon and carbon can be put into the same molecule in the lab, so one has to wonder what can be done with this in controlled situations, in the future. And now that we have bio 3-D printing, the imagination can go kind of crazy with that.

The first time a computer ask a question not in it's programming silicon life is proved

But but but but it didn't form in a pond

Silicon based life forms is an intriguing thought though.
Yes, but where would all the carbon be, in such an environment? Like toobfreak said when he talks about "the path of least resistance", and what I talk about, when I say "selection"... how are you sidelining the carbon, in this environment? Why wouldn't it supplant the silicone, if not sidelined?

Forum List

Back