The big question about life on other planets: 1000000000000000000000 planets in the universe

And, I dont know if there is another liquid that we know of that is better than our H2-O , being an unstable molecule it breaks down other things through oxidation to the point that organisms can feed off them. As i understand it a sea of liquid methane for example couldn't support life because its a stable molecule.

No question, water is necessary for life, but not abiogenesis. Many times, I've had a shot of Jack for example, and a water back. Water is an universal solvent, so it works against abiogenesis. Too bad.

They also could have been here a long time. And it's hidden from us.

Creation scientists know what UFOs are, and that they have been with us for a long time, but we rather just keep it to ourselves. Why? It comes out the same anyway the way secular/atheist scientists believe them and treat them.

The only difference I can see is that we know they won't land. We know they won't abduct any humans (although they may have before the flood ;)). We also know they won't be explained. They'll remain unidentified, i.e. hidden. Isn't that what you just said? We just agreed :beer:.

Omg that's so funny. The jellyfish, or whowever they enslave, has to have the bone structure and dexterity to mine and construct metal tools to build a spaceship, and create the fuel.

It's not going to be a jellyfish! Lol!
There you go again insisting that aliens will use the same steel as humans to build some sort of craft that you imagine they would.

In reality the universe is not stranger than you imagine, it is stranger than you can imagine.

And, I dont know if there is another liquid that we know of that is better than our H2-O , being an unstable molecule it breaks down other things through oxidation to the point that organisms can feed off them. As i understand it a sea of liquid methane for example couldn't support life because its a stable molecule.

No question, water is necessary for life, but not abiogenesis. Many times, I've had a shot of Jack for example, and a water back. Water is an universal solvent, so it works against abiogenesis. Too bad.
How do you know any of this

Experiment. Amino acids dissolve in water. Kaput. No primordial soup in the ocean. Now, Fort Fun Indiana and the atheist scientists are focusing they formed over the air just above the ocean. They believe anything their magic sky fairy Satan tells them.

Experiment. Amino acids dissolve in water. Kaput. No primordial soup in the ocean. Now, Fort Fun Indiana and the atheist scientists are focusing they formed over the air just above the ocean. They believe anything their magic sky fairy Satan tells them.

Sorry, no. The fact that water is such a perfect solvent which allows a myriad chemical reactions in the first place is what allowed amino acids to form, in a world chemistry quite different from today. And the primordial soup did not occur in the ocean per se, it occurred in discrete tidal pools under fixed, stable conditions which eventually allowed the beginnings of life, the first prokaryotes to appear and eventually spread.

God I hate to to agree with you, however you are clearly correct.

Sorry, no. The fact that water is such a perfect solvent which allows a myriad chemical reactions in the first place is what allowed amino acids to form, in a world chemistry quite different from today. And the primordial soup did not occur in the ocean per se, it occurred in discrete tidal pools under fixed, stable conditions which eventually allowed the beginnings of life, the first prokaryotes to appear and eventually spread.
Sterile water has a zero ability to form either complicated or even very simple codes that compose life

Hey numbnuts tidal pools are only stable for a short period until the next high tide when they are flushed clean.

You are actually incapable of rationality

Make up another babble

Last edited:
I'm positive that we will find octopi-type creatures in the waters of Europa, Enceladus and Ganymede.

They are absolutely every bit as "intelligent" as humans

You have some weird science. Amino acids do not form in water. They were suppose to form in space due to lightning and volcanic gas mixture and fall into the oceans, lakes, and ponds in order form primordial soup, but the water dissolves them. Thus, the new theory is life formed in the air just above the water and then fell into the water. We do not see any of this happen today, nor has anyone demonstrated this via experiment. You can talk about all the DNA chains that you want, but amino acids do not form in water. Even if you did form amino acids which is doubtful, then it would be even more of a stretch for them to become proteins. Experiments have debunked formation of amino acids, but evolutionists still believe that they form in the atmosphere or geysers or air layers.

You have some weird science. Amino acids do not form in water. They were suppose to form in space due to lightning and volcanic gas mixture and fall into the oceans, lakes, and ponds in order form primordial soup, but the water dissolves them. Thus, the new theory is life formed in the air just above the water and then fell into the water. We do not see any of this happen today, nor has anyone demonstrated this via experiment. You can talk about all the DNA chains that you want, but amino acids do not form in water. Even if you did form amino acids which is doubtful, then it would be even more of a stretch for them to become proteins. Experiments have debunked formation of amino acids, but evolutionists still believe that they form in the atmosphere or geysers or air layers.

Funny, I always thought "my" science was just science! And I never knew there were volcanoes and lightning in space! And I never knew water destroyed aminos considering that half of them form in your body (mostly water) and the other half form in the foods we eat (also full of water). Boy, you are just so far ahead of the rest of us you should write a book. It was always my understanding that the first aminos likely formed in the ocean (water again) in a process involving certain types of rocks and sea water called serpentization. But what would I know, I don't have your grasp of (real) science.

Funny, I always thought "my" science was just science! And I never knew there were volcanoes and lightning in space! And I never knew water destroyed aminos considering that half of them form in your body (mostly water) and the other half form in the foods we eat (also full of water). Boy, you are just so far ahead of the rest of us you should write a book. It was always my understanding that the first aminos likely formed in the ocean (water again) in a process involving certain types of rocks and sea water called serpentization. But what would I know, I don't have your grasp of (real) science.

If you think abiogenesis is real, then you are subscribing to fake science. It has been debunked already. I just called it weird science because you believe what you described when there is no evidence and we do not see it happen. If you had something, then you would be able to describe how amino acids form in wherever you said, how it forms proteins, and how they end up becoming life. Creation scientists have explained how this happens in the cell. What do you know -- science backs up the Bible.

There should be experiments to back abiogenesis up. Instead, what us skeptics are subjected to is "faith based" science. Maybe you believe volcanoes and lightning in space. You're the one who described it as such :cuckoo:. Secular science with its big bang and explanations of what happened is insufficient. It does not describe how we got to where we are today, i.e. the universe, Earth, and everything in it. Even the quantum scientists like Hawking thought we shouldn't be here. Besides abiogenesis, do you believe in multiverses, too? There is no evidence for that either. Maybe you just believe whatever the secular/atheist scientists make up (influenced by the other sky fairy, Satan).

If you think abiogenesis is real, then you are subscribing to fake science. It has been debunked already. I just called it weird science because you believe what you described when there is no evidence and we do not see it happen. If you had something, then you would be able to describe how amino acids form in wherever you said, how it forms proteins, and how they end up becoming life. Creation scientists have explained how this happens in the cell. What do you know -- science backs up the Bible.

There should be experiments to back abiogenesis up. Instead, what us skeptics are subjected to is "faith based" science. Maybe you believe volcanoes and lightning in space. You're the one who described it as such :cuckoo:. Secular science with its big bang and explanations of what happened is insufficient. It does not describe how we got to where we are today, i.e. the universe, Earth, and everything in it. Even the quantum scientists like Hawking thought we shouldn't be here. Besides abiogenesis, do you believe in multiverses, too? There is no evidence for that either. Maybe you just believe whatever the secular/atheist scientists make up (influenced by the other sky fairy, Satan).

Bond, you are just one more USMB idiot who parades himself around claiming far more than you really know.
  • SHOW ME where I said I believed in volcanoes and lightning in space. YOU said that.
  • Show me where I said anything about Creationism.
It is pointless talking about theories of universal creation, other universes, etc., when by their very nature, one cannot "prove" other universes outside their own, it is all theory, just as is theist vs. atheist. Though I believe in God, no one can prove or disprove him. Same with YOUR theory: you can no more prove aminos formed over water than at the bottom of the ocean because that was a long time ago and those conditions don't exist anymore.

THE ONE THING WE DO KNOW is that at one time there was no life. There was a time before there was life on this planet, then slowly, microbial life began and evolved into more complex levels, so life came from non-life. You don't have to be an atheist to know that.

That and every scientist on the planet now believes in the strong likelihood of there being life in the subsurface oceans on Europa and Enceladus, where there is no choice but it having formed in the deep ocean near smokers.

Bond, you are just one more USMB idiot who parades himself around claiming far more than you really know.
  • SHOW ME where I said I believed in volcanoes and lightning in space. YOU said that.
  • Show me where I said anything about Creationism.
It is pointless talking about theories of universal creation, other universes, etc., when by their very nature, one cannot "prove" other universes outside their own, it is all theory, just as is theist vs. atheist. Though I believe in God, no one can prove or disprove him. Same with YOUR theory: you can no more prove aminos formed over water than at the bottom of the ocean because that was a long time ago and those conditions don't exist anymore.

THE ONE THING WE DO KNOW is that at one time there was no life. There was a time before there was life on this planet, then slowly, microbial life began and evolved into more complex levels, so life came from non-life. You don't have to be an atheist to know that.

That and every scientist on the planet now believes in the strong likelihood of there being life in the subsurface oceans on Europa and Enceladus, where there is no choice but it having formed in the deep ocean near smokers.

Let's compare what we said:

Amino acids dissolve in water - Hydrophilic amino acids dissolve in water. 1 point for jb
No primordial soup in the ocean - First, here is definition of primordial soup from biased wiki, "Primordial soup, or prebiotic soup (also sometimes referred as prebiotic broth), is the hypothetical set of conditions present on the Earth around 4.2 to 4.0 billions of years ago. It is a fundamental aspect to the heterotrophic theory of the origin of life, first proposed by Alexander Oparin in 1924, and John Burdon Sanderson Haldane in 1929." Primordial soup - Wikipedia"

Next, based on the definition, "The "primordial soup" idea came about when Russian scientist Alexander Oparin and English geneticist John Haldane each came up with the idea independently. It had been theorized that life started in the oceans. Oparin and Haldane thought that with the mix of gases in the atmosphere and the energy from lightning strikes, amino acids could spontaneously form in the oceans. This idea is now known as "primordial soup." What Is Primordial Soup?

Oparin and Haldane thought amino acids could form in the oceans (!). I'm contradicting this haha. 9 amino acids are hydrophobic, so do not form in water. +1 for jb.

What Are Hydrophilic Amino Acids? - aminoco

atheist scientists are focusing they formed over the air just above the ocean. - peptide bond article - In situ observation of peptide bond formation at the water–air interface +1 for jb

tf: The fact that water is such a perfect solvent which allows a myriad chemical reactions in the first place is what allowed amino acids to form, in a world chemistry quite different from today. Wrong. No hydrophobic ones.

tf: And the primordial soup did not occur in the ocean per se, it occurred in discrete tidal pools under fixed, stable conditions which eventually allowed the beginnings of life, the first prokaryotes to appear and eventually spread. Also contradicts Oparin and Haldane. +1 for tb

However, no evidence of primordial soup in tidal pools as thesis is based on:

• lots of water (oceans).
  • hot (no free O2).
  • lots ionizing (e.g., X, γ" role="presentation">γ
  • ) radiation from space, (no protective ozone layer).
  • frequent ionizing (electrical) storms generated in an unstable atmosphere.
  • volcanic and thermal vent activity.
+0 for tf.

20.3: Formation of Organic Molecules in an Earthly Reducing Atmosphere

tf: I always thought "my" science was just science! - Your weird science backing abiongenesis has no evidence +0 for tf

tf: It was always my understanding that the first aminos likely formed in the ocean (water again) in a process involving certain types of rocks and sea water called serpentization. - Now, you're back to formed in the ocean instead of tidal pools. Confusing. -1 for tb. What does serpentization have to do with this?

Anyway, this has not gone well for you.

Forum List

Back