The big question about life on other planets: 1000000000000000000000 planets in the universe

[QUOTE="rightwinger
Superman, like a lot of other Jews, is really good at theoretical physics.
He could fly around the earth counterclockwise and turn back time

Superman was not a Jew. He is impossible to circumcise
You know that's a great observation.

If he wasn't circumcised on Krypton, he's got a hoodie after all.

Jews circumcise boys at 8-days-old, so he definitely would have had his Bris prior to leaving Krypton.

This, according to some estimate, give or take quite a few zeroes I'm sure. A deeper philosophical question which goes beyond theology, though it certainly entangles it.

So, this number again, 1000000000000000000000 planets! According to The Institute of Astronomy at University of Cambridge. How many solar systems are there? | Institute of Astronomy

Putting the exact estimation aside. We would have to take a massive leap of faith to think that not only is there NOT other life in the universe, but, also of such existences, that there aren't many far more advanced than us.

Imagine a planet the size of Jupiter, 100's of billions of citizens. Imagine them not having our reptilian instincts of rage and violence, or developing weapons of war to be used against each other. Consider if they had the average brain power 250x that of our smartest humans, and existed for much longer, maybe lived on average 10000 years.

What would be the end result? Is there any religion that makes any consideration for this possibility (outside, I think Scientology)? It really is a daunting concept. We could be the most advanced by far, we might be Gods great creation. It would hardly seem we could be alone though based on the odds and even plain randomness.

I wouldn't worry about those other planets. The simulation only bothers to populate those "sectors of the universe" when you point a telescope in that direction, and even then it's only background graphics used to maintain player immersion. At some point the devs might actually use those basic planetary concepts to create new instances and allow off-Earth play, but for the time being, they haven't got the budget for the server updates that would be prerequisite to such an ambitious expansion.

Simple.

People want to believe in angels.

We have just recast angels as aliens.
No, that's A stupid guess.

No, that's an obvious fact.

The desire to believe in superior beings is strong in people.

That’s why I’m here.

LOL! Alright, alright!

Finally God appears on the board to answer all questions we have!

Question 1: Why did the Beatles break up?

Yoko

Next Question?

[

So in your anal opinion when humans go to another planet they are not alien there?

Not unless their are local populations. Otherwise the planet is an alien landscape.

Can you explain this concept?

Words have meaning.

Nope you are humiliated, or would be if you were rational which you can never be

Tell us more about what the aliens look like?

image2.jpg

What do aliens look like?

iu

LOL you have the shape of aliens settled, is that like accepted science

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dude take your pills
Well, read some shit and reply if you disagree. Don't make me repeat it to you. I'm not your slave. Stop being a lazy religious dickhead...

So you believe that you are a great writer and that people have to read what you have written in order to be educated.

That is an example of delusional thinking

Delusions of grandeur: Types and symptoms
And you just judge and insult people at your whim. Without reading anything...

Just because you have internet muscles....

You're an ass.

OK, tell me more about how space ships are built and the humanoids that build them, just lie back on the couch first and begin with why your mother did that to you...……………..
Shit's been covered. Just read it and stop being a lazy mofo.

Now you're getting my mother into the discussion. Why? Are you a teenager?

Your mother refers to Freudian analysis, now,

OK, tell me more about how space ships are built and the humanoids that build them, just lie back on the couch first and begin with why your mother did that to you...……………..

psychoanalytic-theory-freud-5-638.jpg

I think you're a little friggin prick, that is just following orders to attack us, with no evidence or knowledge. You're just a forum terrorist idiot working for others.... to further religious/political agendas when they're not around.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
You are right in that I do not understand the humanoids that build the alien ships, so can you explain what you know and how you know this.

[

So in your anal opinion when humans go to another planet they are not alien there?

Not unless their are local populations. Otherwise the planet is an alien landscape.

Words have meaning.

Nope you are humiliated, or would be if you were rational which you can never be

image2.jpg

iu

nice hooters, if she wants an abductee I might be available

Well, traditionally companies like Rockwell, ATK, Lockheed, Boeing, General Dynamics, et al. would bid to build space ships. Now there are companies like Virgin Galactic and Blue Origin who are also building them.

Humans build them because dolphins show no interest in building them....

Well, traditionally companies like Rockwell, ATK, Lockheed, Boeing, General Dynamics, et al. would bid to build space ships. Now there are companies like Virgin Galactic and Blue Origin who are also building them.

Humans build them because dolphins show no interest in building them....

Actually this clown is referring to alien spaceships that in his mind must be built by humanoids.

Now I say again when a human sets foot on another planet they are alien to that place and genetic engineering will help assimilate existing life to the new alien environment. See the aliens are us clearly in the future but less clearly in the past as well

There's probably microscopic organisms out there, but probably not like life on earth. Too many things have to come together perfectly to reproduce an environment like ours.

There is a very good book that talks about that.

Rare Earth (book) - Wikipedia

Rare Earth: Why Complex Life Is Uncommon in the Universe

The book argues that the universe is fundamentally hostile to complex life and that while microbial life may be common in the universe, complex intelligent life (like the evolution of biological complexity from simple life on Earth) required an exceptionally unlikely set of circumstances, and therefore complex life is likely to be extremely rare. The book argues that among the essential criteria for life are a terrestrial planet with plate tectonics and oxygen, a large moon, magnetic field, a gas giant like Jupiter for protection and an orbit in the habitable zone of the right kind of star. Additionally, events during the Earth's geological past such as Snowball Earth, the Cambrian Explosion, and the various mass extinction events that nearly destroyed life on Earth arguably make the existence and survival of complex life rare as well. The book also suggests that animal life, having taken hundreds of millions of years to evolve, unlike bacteria, which were the first life to appear on Earth, is extremely fragile to sudden and severe changes in the environment, and therefore are very prone to becoming extinct very easily and quickly within a short period of geological time, while microbial life is much more resilient to such changes.

The book also argues that due to the immense size of the universe, even if another habitable planet like Earth does exist elsewhere, and that the Earth is not the only planet in the universe with complex life, such planets would still only appear in relatively small numbers compared to planets that are habitable only to bacteria, and would most likely be too far away for any intelligent life, if they exist, to make contact with each other as well as with our own planet, as the vast distances between those planets would essentially isolate them, and by the time any signals reach their destination, the planet the signal originated from may no longer be habitable anymore except for at least bacteria, and whatever life that sent said signal may already be extinct, making any form of contact with each other useless. Finally, the book serves as a warning about the current degradation of the Earth's biosphere due to human activities, where it suggests that if humans destroy a significant portion of animal life on Earth, then they would also destroy that same amount of that kind of life in the entire universe.

220px-Rare_Earth_--_Why_Complex_Life_Is_Uncommon_in_the_Universe.jpg
Even if "rare", that could still mean literally trillions of examples of complex life in the history of our universe.

Yep, and zero chance you or anyone else would ever know of them.

Aliens have replaced angels in the weak minded.

It is because of 100 years of being brainwashed by Science Fiction.

You can hardly turn on the TV and not see at least three or four shows about aliens. Anytime you go to a movie theater with multiple screens at least one movie will be Science Fiction. Thousands and thousands of books.

With all the exposure to this fictitious idea of aliens it is no wonder everybody believes in crap like that.

The harsh reality is that the universe seems to be pretty hostile to life. In addition the distances between stars presents a formidable barrier to any possible exploration of other star systems. At least with the technology we know of now.
The fact that people prefer aliens over god, should be a sign.

Because our gods were alien. No matter what religion you believe. They're not from this planet.
You must watch "Ancient Aliens." I don't know anyone who believes in alien life visiting Earth or who prefers aliens over God.
God is a supernatural being not an alien being.

There is a very good book that talks about that.

Rare Earth (book) - Wikipedia

Rare Earth: Why Complex Life Is Uncommon in the Universe

The book argues that the universe is fundamentally hostile to complex life and that while microbial life may be common in the universe, complex intelligent life (like the evolution of biological complexity from simple life on Earth) required an exceptionally unlikely set of circumstances, and therefore complex life is likely to be extremely rare. The book argues that among the essential criteria for life are a terrestrial planet with plate tectonics and oxygen, a large moon, magnetic field, a gas giant like Jupiter for protection and an orbit in the habitable zone of the right kind of star. Additionally, events during the Earth's geological past such as Snowball Earth, the Cambrian Explosion, and the various mass extinction events that nearly destroyed life on Earth arguably make the existence and survival of complex life rare as well. The book also suggests that animal life, having taken hundreds of millions of years to evolve, unlike bacteria, which were the first life to appear on Earth, is extremely fragile to sudden and severe changes in the environment, and therefore are very prone to becoming extinct very easily and quickly within a short period of geological time, while microbial life is much more resilient to such changes.

The book also argues that due to the immense size of the universe, even if another habitable planet like Earth does exist elsewhere, and that the Earth is not the only planet in the universe with complex life, such planets would still only appear in relatively small numbers compared to planets that are habitable only to bacteria, and would most likely be too far away for any intelligent life, if they exist, to make contact with each other as well as with our own planet, as the vast distances between those planets would essentially isolate them, and by the time any signals reach their destination, the planet the signal originated from may no longer be habitable anymore except for at least bacteria, and whatever life that sent said signal may already be extinct, making any form of contact with each other useless. Finally, the book serves as a warning about the current degradation of the Earth's biosphere due to human activities, where it suggests that if humans destroy a significant portion of animal life on Earth, then they would also destroy that same amount of that kind of life in the entire universe.

220px-Rare_Earth_--_Why_Complex_Life_Is_Uncommon_in_the_Universe.jpg
Even if "rare", that could still mean literally trillions of examples of complex life in the history of our universe.

Yep, and zero chance you or anyone else would ever know of them.

Aliens have replaced angels in the weak minded.

It is because of 100 years of being brainwashed by Science Fiction.

You can hardly turn on the TV and not see at least three or four shows about aliens. Anytime you go to a movie theater with multiple screens at least one movie will be Science Fiction. Thousands and thousands of books.

With all the exposure to this fictitious idea of aliens it is no wonder everybody believes in crap like that.

The harsh reality is that the universe seems to be pretty hostile to life. In addition the distances between stars presents a formidable barrier to any possible exploration of other star systems. At least with the technology we know of now.
The fact that people prefer aliens over god, should be a sign.

Because our gods were alien. No matter what religion you believe. They're not from this planet.
You must watch "Ancient Aliens." I don't know anyone who believes in alien life visiting Earth or who prefers aliens over God.
God is a supernatural being not an alien being.
I don't really like Ancient Aliens, honestly. Sometimes it's good, sometimes i just shake my head....

But the premise is correct. Tell me who your god is, and I will tell you where it came from. If it's one of the trilogies...

And I trust the origin is from Sumer.

Simple.

People want to believe in angels.

We have just recast angels as aliens.
No, that's A stupid guess.

And what is the intelligent reason for this answer? Even Thor came back as an US-American superhero - what is by the way not any problem for Christians, how for example the name "Thursday" shows. The early Christians had absolutelly not any problem that heathens gave their 7 days of the Jewish time unit "week" names of their gods. An important boost for the Christian religion were by the way also the Greek atheistic philosophers, who were very frustrated about the Greek superheroes - ah sorry: gods. The early Christians were persecuted because of their atheism. Indeed means "god" and "gods" two totally different things. This is by the way a reason, why the most arguments of strange atheists today are very childish.

An excellent interpretation of this text. This text is by the way somehow a very interesting text. For Christians a very inspiring text - for militant atheists more a kind of justification for their blind hate against Christians.

Here by the way a picture of the god, who thrones over us:

157_Petel-Kruzifix450.jpg

Last edited:
[

Words have meaning.

image2.jpg

iu

Angels are creation - but they don't live in a temporal dimension. We see in them good mights - or evil mights in case of devils. And indeed exist dangers in a wrong interpretation of this what are angels. This is by the way a very nice imagination of an angel. Very sexy. But in the moment I'm not really sure whether angels have a gender or not. For us important are anyway only the messages of their "boss". The normal visualisation will be angels=women, devils=men. It was by the way very funny when some Germans rewrote the bible "in a just language" some years ago, where they replaced all male persons with female persons. Also god became female. But one male person survived this massacre: the devil.

Last edited:
This is all I know about nietschie. :)

What for heavens sake is this? Ugly! ... Ah: Monthy Python: The British experts in wrong understanding and irreal nonsense. ... Boris Johnson seems to walk in their footsteps now.

This is all I know about nietschie. :)

What for heavens sake is this? Ugly! ... Ah: Monthy Python: The British experts in wrong understanding and irreal nonsense. ... Boris Johnson seems to walk in their footsteps now.

No, that's a classic movie, you should watch immediately... I hate British humor, but this is the best!

A Fish Called Wanda

Watch that!

I understand what you're saying Genn and I appreciate it, but the question is about them already being here.

And if they landed on the ground and the doors opened up in their spaceship, what would they look like?

Forum List

Back