The biggest asshole in America

I dunno- there was plenty in both cases.

But at this point in time the difference is the degree of blatant lying about historical fact. Give Sandy seven years and we'll have a storm that was predicted for six months, Chris Christie was off travelling in Bhutan, the NYC subways never stopped running and carried half a million commuters to a watery grave; Obama was in Hawai`i, the entire population of Queens looted the entire state of Connecticut, and no one will remember Lydia Callis.

Let me be more specific.....

During Katrina the media was looking for any reason to be critical of the president.

During Sandy the media ignored the way the president made promises that he never intended to deliver. Sandy victims have been all but forgotten. Sandy Hook took precedence.

Sandy Hook was a bit later (Dec. 14).
But the media didn't have to look far for Bush's leadership failure; off partying with John McCain in Arizona while the city drowned, his HS Director not even aware the levees had breached until the day after, his FEMA Director admitting later "we had no plan"; contrast with O'bama who, having the advantage of hindsight from Bush's failures, was immediately on the case. Not lost on the (Republican) governor who acknowledged it. Sliiiightly different scenario there.

That's not because one is a Republican and one is a Democrat. It's just the way things happened.

What a load of crap...........
shit-emoticon.gif

Let me be more specific.....

During Katrina the media was looking for any reason to be critical of the president.

During Sandy the media ignored the way the president made promises that he never intended to deliver. Sandy victims have been all but forgotten. Sandy Hook took precedence.

Sandy Hook was a bit later (Dec. 14).
But the media didn't have to look far for Bush's leadership failure; off partying with John McCain in Arizona while the city drowned, his HS Director not even aware the levees had breached until the day after, his FEMA Director admitting later "we had no plan"; contrast with O'bama who, having the advantage of hindsight from Bush's failures, was immediately on the case. Not lost on the (Republican) governor who acknowledged it. Sliiiightly different scenario there.

That's not because one is a Republican and one is a Democrat. It's just the way things happened.

What a load of crap...........
shit-emoticon.gif

What a load of deep reasoning basis.
I was actually there, in it. What part of this load of crap is inaccurate? Link it or lump it.

My understanding as to why some republicans voted against the bill to aid victims of Sandy was

1- How was it going to be paid for?.
2- The amount of aid,they felt 60 billion was excessive.
3- No over sight as to where the money was going.
4- The attachments that were added giving money to other states for things unrelated to Sandy...

Katrina killed that many people because Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid flood waters for 2 weeks.

While the Governor of Louisiana was where?

Oh, that's right - he fled the State.

Thanks

Yup.

Personally I lay the blame on the State and local authorities in LA. They dropped the ball even though Bush told them to declare it a disater three days before the Hurricane actually hit.

The Gov didn't do so and waited till it hit and the levees broke. She was an idiot as were all those in State Gov. The got their citizens killed by not issuing mandatory evacuation orders and not forcing folks to get out. They had 250 school busses that could have been used. Those same busses were left to be swept over by the water.

And where was the local support??

Who told folks to go to the football stadium?? The stadium they pretty much destroyed. Great bunch of folks in NO.

Bush and FEMA took the hit on Katrina but it was the State and Local authorities who fucked up. The Gov made sure she wasn't in the State and who knows where the rest of the State Gov was.

I know people who were in NO at the time. One of them worked at the jail and he said it was a war zone. People were being shot at and lots of carefully organized thefts. Some of the NOPD stayed but many left to get their families out. Not a good place to be.

Of course the citizens who stayed wasted no time in robbing every store they could get into. Many took food and water but far more took anything they could grab. Thieves one and all.

Nope. State and local Govt dropped the ball big time in LA and Bush and FEMA got the blame.

BUsh and FEMA deserved a lot of the blame. Even given that local authorities screwed up, Bush's response was horrible. Relief supplies being sent to the wrong states because they got the addresses wrong, going to fundraisers for McCain in the middle of the disaster and so on.

My understanding as to why some republicans voted against the bill to aid victims of Sandy was

4- The attachments that were added giving money to other states for things unrelated to Sandy...

That last one is the most interesting. Take a look at the party affiliation of the Senators from these states. Reid needed 7 GOP votes to avoid filibuster. He got hem by offering pork.

Those who whine about pork do not understand how shit gets done.

your first sentence is nothing short of false...your second is at best hyperbolic partisan rhetoric
No..my first sentence isn't false.

It was so bad..that doctors euthanized their patients at one hospital.

By the way, 9/11 happened under Bush's watch, after he decided to ignore "mosquitoes" and piss off the Chinese and Russians.

and that is bush's fault...how?

could you link to that claim btw...

Link to what claim?

It was a well reported story and absolutely "shocked" the conservative media for quite some time..until the reality of what happened became clear.

Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid water for over 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Dumb fuck, they had plenty of warning to get out.

They were just too stupid to leave.

Again.

They were left to rot. The initial storm didn't kill all that many people.

Simple as that.

And almost 2000 of them died.
In addition to that, Sallow is fucking lying. They were NOT left to rot.

This is how they manipulate people.

I dunno what you call the Federal Government ignoring a disaster for several weeks.

we could have gotten rid of all these jerks in washington, but the voters put them right back in. Until the people in our society wake up to things, we can't do anything about it.
When you have the majority of people who favor what Obama is doing, then we are powerless and it will continue. All the talk in the world isn't going to change anything. Talk Talk and more Talk and things just getting worse. All we can do is accept our fates and try survive under it. The people in this country will not stand united and they won't do anything to stop this administration or get rid of them. We are a divided country and people go against each other for the sake of their party and Obama.

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

NOLA.com: Baton Rouge : Reid says Hurricane Katrina was 'nothing in comparison' to Sandy

Katrina killed that many people because Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid flood waters for 2 weeks.

The storm wasn't as powerful. And the 120 deaths is a testament to good governance. FEMA, Cuomo, Christie and Obama deserve a great deal of credit.

In the middle of winter, there are still people without power.

Most Katrina victims 40%, drowned, then 25% injury and trauma, and 11% were heart related.

So people were drowning for two weeks? You are a fucking loon.

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

NOLA.com: Baton Rouge : Reid says Hurricane Katrina was 'nothing in comparison' to Sandy

The storm wasn't as powerful. And the 120 deaths is a testament to good governance. FEMA, Cuomo, Christie and Obama deserve a great deal of credit.

Most Katrina victims 40%, drowned, then 25% injury and trauma, and 11% were heart related.

Hell of a job, Brownie.

Good on you to applaud that shit.

Harry is an asshole. But stupidity killed most of the peeps in Katrina...not the storm itself. Get outa town dude...move to higher ground dude.....duh.

No, its actually just the opposite.
We know and we want it ended.

Now I know that that is beyond your ability to comprehend...but do try...uummmmk?

That last one is the most interesting. Take a look at the party affiliation of the Senators from these states. Reid needed 7 GOP votes to avoid filibuster. He got hem by offering pork.

Then you are a moron, the rest of civilization watched it headed toward LA for days.

Just because you had your head up your ass in the days prior in no way means the rest of the Country didn't see it coming.

Again.

They were left to rot. The initial storm didn't kill all that many people.

Simple as that.

And almost 2000 of them died.

That's just mythtifying bullshit. "Days" if you mean the two leading up to landfall.

I'm a Katrinite; I was there, I don't need Wikipedia. I was first made aware of the existence of Katrina on that weekend, Saturday August 27, about 2pm. I got the clan gathered up and on the road Sunday, and the storm hit Monday the 29th. About 51 hours to assess the situation, wrap up what one's doing, secure possessions, pack, find a place to park cars, gather clan and pets, find a place to go, and sit in a parking lot of traffic.

I knew several people who stayed in. Some just went on and dealt with it, a couple got rescued when their building took eight feet of water. The storm didn't chase them; the flooding did. The blame is on the Army Corps of Engineers for letting the levees go. Without that failure before the fact, Katrina is just another hurricane.

To the point of the OP... it continues to boggle my mind that a man like Harry Reid is the leader of anything. He must have naked pictures of somebody.

Hell of a job, Brownie.

Good on you to applaud that shit.

Sallow where were these Doctors that you said were killing people that looked hopeless?....

No, its actually just the opposite.
We know and we want it ended.

Now I know that that is beyond your ability to comprehend...but do try...uummmmk?

You have convinced me. Great job.

Then you are a moron, the rest of civilization watched it headed toward LA for days.

Just because you had your head up your ass in the days prior in no way means the rest of the Country didn't see it coming.

That's just mythtifying bullshit. "Days" if you mean the two leading up to landfall.

I'm a Katrinite; I was there, I don't need Wikipedia. I was first made aware of the existence of Katrina on that weekend, Saturday August 27, about 2pm. I got the clan gathered up and on the road Sunday, and the storm hit Monday the 29th. About 51 hours to assess the situation, wrap up what one's doing, secure possessions, pack, find a place to park cars, gather clan and pets, find a place to go, and sit in a parking lot of traffic.

I knew several people who stayed in. Some just went on and dealt with it, a couple got rescued when their building took eight feet of water. The storm didn't chase them; the flooding did. The blame is on the Army Corps of Engineers for letting the levees go. Without that failure before the fact, Katrina is just another hurricane.

To the point of the OP... it continues to boggle my mind that a man like Harry Reid is the leader of anything. He must have naked pictures of somebody.

No, I was a resident of New Orleans, like everybody else, and nobody knew which way she was headed until Saturday. Like it or lump it, but you don't get to rewrite history to suit your sorry posts.

Harry is an asshole. But stupidity killed most of the peeps in Katrina...not the storm itself. Get outa town dude...move to higher ground dude.....duh.

The stupidity being on the part of the Army Corps of Engineers, that's true. Actually it's officially true.

When you live in a hurricane zone you get a lot of warnings, usually every year. And you're watching the seasonal climate. There will always be a certain number who sit tight, given the frequency of those encroaching possibilities, for if everybody got up and left every time a TS manifested the population would be living in their cars for three months. In twelve years I never evacuated until Katrina (though I was out of town for Georges).

The storm itself was not a killer. Lots of damage, power outages, water interruptions of course, but that goes with the geography and people understand that and are ready for it. It's part of the way you live in that climate, just as a resident of Kansas knows what to do in a tornado or a resident of Minnesota knows how to survive winter.

What caused all the human strife was the breach of seven levees around the city and subsequent flooding. Kathleen Blanco didn't do that. Ray Nagin didn't do that. George W. Bush didn't do that, nor did Michael Brown. The Army Corps of Engineers did that. Unfortunately they don't have a "D' or "R" after their name, which makes them inconvenient as a political chew toy, but that's the reality.

The street where I was living took two feet. The one where my GF was living took eight. One friend, going back to her family's house, found the entire neighborhood literally gone. Not torn up, not devastated -- gone. Entirely. That's what flooding does. And that has jack shit to do with weather forecasts.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Reid is a fossil a dinosaur and I've always hated that guy. He looks like a child molester.

Reid is a fossil a dinosaur and I've always hated that guy. He looks like a child molester.

I think he looks like a cadaver. Again, it boggles the mind to think this guy is a leader of anything.

Forum List

Back