The biggest asshole in America

Not a week out, we sure the hell didn't.

I recounted all this last night but using my case as a typical example I first heard of the impending storm on the afternoon of Saturday August 27. That's when its path became clear. Landfall was Monday August 29th, a day and a half later. Do the math.

"A week out", Hurricane Katrina hadn't even been born, not even as an unnamed tropical depression. Apparently this yokel in AridZona who knows jack squat about hurricanes thinks this stuff is supposed to come in some kind of prophetic dream. That's what happens when you try to rewrite history from your wankalounger. You end up looking ridiculous. And because he doesn't read where he was corrected last night, he comes back and doubles down on dumbfuckity.

It doesn't change history. It just makes him look twice as stupid.

There is plenty of legitimate stuff you can bash George Bush and the GOP for - you don't need to make shit up.

A week in advance they were concerned about the levees and warning people to leave. That's just a fact. Furthermore, you claim of "a day and a half" just supports the fact that these people were idiots. I would need about a 20 minute warning to properly evacuate with everything I need. If these people had 36 hours and couldn't evacuate, then they are completely out of excuses (and so are you).

Oh fucking bullshit in a flaming barrel.

A week out, for you slow readers, Hurricane Katrina did not exist. It wasn't even a tropical depression until August 23rd. Over the next several days it took a twisty course, hitting Florida first, and in those days up to about Friday 8/26, nobody knew where it would head. Nobody.

And if you went to the same reading class as AridZona boy you apparently missed where I've pointed out over and over that the levee failures were not the fault of Bush, or Brown, or Blanco or Nagin. They were the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers who left them "profoundly inadequate". That's not my opinion; that's official. I didn't even mention George Bush in the last post. Is English your third language??

So no, a week out, with no hurricane in existence, nobody was talking about leaving since no reason to leave existed. Except perhaps in your tiny little revisionist history mind.

And don't give me this "I would need 20 minutes crapola". The hell you would. Talk is cheap. You're talking out of your ass; I'm talking from experience.

So you moved up to Friday, instead of Saturday, and now referring to it as "those days"?

It would take me a couple hours to pack it up and leave, some when the warnings to leave came from governors of two states, on Friday, I'd been gone Friday night, maybe early Saturday morning. However, I'd never live in New Orleans because of being below sea level, I pick out high elevations to live in.

Your experience has taught me, in 2005 you weren't very bright.

There is plenty of legitimate stuff you can bash George Bush and the GOP for - you don't need to make shit up.

A week in advance they were concerned about the levees and warning people to leave. That's just a fact. Furthermore, you claim of "a day and a half" just supports the fact that these people were idiots. I would need about a 20 minute warning to properly evacuate with everything I need. If these people had 36 hours and couldn't evacuate, then they are completely out of excuses (and so are you).

A week out, for you slow readers, Hurricane Katrina did not exist. It wasn't even a tropical depression until August 23rd. Over the next several days it took a twisty course, hitting Florida first, and in those days up to about Friday 8/26, nobody knew where it would head. Nobody.

And if you went to the same reading class as AridZona boy you apparently missed where I've pointed out over and over that the levee failures were not the fault of Bush, or Brown, or Blanco or Nagin. They were the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers who left them "profoundly inadequate". That's not my opinion; that's official. I didn't even mention George Bush in the last post. Is English your third language??

So no, a week out, with no hurricane in existence, nobody was talking about leaving since no reason to leave existed. Except perhaps in your tiny little revisionist history mind.

And don't give me this "I would need 20 minutes crapola". The hell you would. Talk is cheap. You're talking out of your ass; I'm talking from experience.

So you moved up to Friday, instead of Saturday, and now referring to it as "those days"?

It would take me a couple hours to pack it up and leave, some when the warnings to leave came from governors of two states, on Friday, I'd been gone Friday night, maybe early Saturday morning. However, I'd never live in New Orleans because of being below sea level, I pick out high elevations to live in.

Your experience has taught me, in 2005 you weren't very bright.

Actually your wishful thinking has taught me a lot of posters ain't very practical, and continue to talk out their ass. Sure, in your mind you can pack up in 20 minutes. Shit, in my mind I can beam myself out of there the day before, but that's not how reality works.

I don't know what the hell "moving up to Friday" means but then this post isn't exactly deep thought. Number one, governors of one or two or fifty states don't reside in our heads. Word still has to travel. I've already marked that time as Saturday afternoon, which is when the buzz went around. I'm sure with your powers of prescience you could have been out the day before you even knew why you were leaving, and thanks for playing think-this-through, however badly. Just as the previous two assfucks knew Katrina was coming before it even existed. Am I the only one who gets the concept of linear time here?

But number two, you're not just waltzing out the door for a romp in the park; you're reacting to what you expect might be untold destruction, and that requires more than 20 minutes for what lieth ahead....

....What do you have on your floor? That's where flooding comes in. And that will take a while.
.... Windows boarded up? Or you just gonna roll the dice?
.....What do you do with your pets?
.....What do you do with your kids? Where are your kids? One's here, another across town, gotta corral them....
..... Same question as above for spouse; parents; etc etc....
..... Where do you put any cars you're not taking? Or do they float? Got a boat?
..... Where are all everybody's medications? Got food? Water? Clothes? Insurance docs? Checkbook?
...... Where are you going?

Oh, and needless to say, since you're the only one who knows about a hurricane that hasn't even been born yet, there's no traffic on the road. Good thing too, because if there were an evacuation you'd be sitting in a parking lot for hours, and those hours count too because you're still in the zone.

As I said for the readers of English, we did get out --- with all this addressed. That was Sunday morning August 28. You know when we got back? The first day we were allowed in. Which was in October. "Twenty minutes" my ass. You can't even list the things you have to do in twenty minutes, let alone do them.

No, this isn't just Numero Uno grabbing the keys and jumping in the car and the magic pixies will take care of everything you left behind. It's a pleasant fantasy for the light of mind who have never been in it but it's the height of hypocrisy to just walk out with no plan, get marooned and then go hat in hand to the gummint you just got done railing about, for the handout you just got done railing about, because you weren't bright enough to plan the fuck ahead. But you just admitted, you never lived here and thus have no idea what you're babbling about.

Well, it's not quite the height of hypocrisy -- that came when y'all declared our your collective ass that those of us who do know whereof we speak are 'not very bright' and "too stupid" to evacuate a week earlier for a storm that hadn't even been born yet. Deep thought there.

But thanks for playing Think-This-Through, and be sure to play the TTT game at home. Hours of fun for the whole family, waiting in lines at the Red Cross to beg for a place to sleep until you can go home five weeks later to shovel through the rubble of broken glass, mold, sludge and the bodies of your pets because you were in some kind of pit stop mentality.

Brilliant. Next time break a brain sweat and try to have some vague idea what the hell you're talking about before you hit "submit".

Last edited:
Hold on here. Katrina was tracked for close to a week before it hit. I sat there and watched the news and the warnings, that was all anyone had to do was relay the information to the people. It's the individuals job to get the f*ck out of the way. What did you expect? Government moving companies to relocate the welfare people before a storm hit?

I think what we gained from Katrina was about 2,000 people that were too f*cking stupid to be in the gene pool got eliminated. Darwin awards all around.

In the end I would think something like Katrina would actually teach you people the government can't and won't be able to baby sit your dumb *ss in all situations. Sitting back and waiting for the government to take care of you means you will die. Anyone that thought that and died? Well we won't miss them.

It didn't hit Cat 4 status till 2 am Sunday morning you fucking moron.

If you're too f*cking stupid to watch a storm come at you for week and at the last minute it gets stronger and kills you that was a beneficial death.

Katrina didn't even EXIST a week before it made landfall. Does it HURT to be as STUPID as you?

A week in advance they were concerned about the levees and warning people to leave. That's just a fact.

YOU'RE A FUCKING LIAR OR AN IDIOT. I'd appreciate it if you just STOPPED TALKING about this issue because every time you or Claudette or AZMike open your mouths about it a LIE comes out. The storm did not fucking EXIST a week out. My fuck you people are STUPID.

Hurricane Katrina: The Essential Time Line

Aug 23rd- Tropical storm Identified.
Aug 29th- Landfall in the gulf.

For a week that storm dominated the news because the way it was tracking it had a very good chance of becoming a very big storm. I sat here and watched this thing with a neighbor who owned a house in NO. Right after it passed Florida and started building again he mentioned he was worried his house was in danger. It was.

There was plenty of time for people with half a functioning nervous system to react and get out of the way. It's not like you had to fly to f*cking Paris to avoid it. Travel a few hours inland and camp out for a few days. Sh*t! It's not that hard to figure out!

Not a week out, we sure the hell didn't.

I recounted all this last night but using my case as a typical example I first heard of the impending storm on the afternoon of Saturday August 27. That's when its path became clear. Landfall was Monday August 29th, a day and a half later. Do the math.

"A week out", Hurricane Katrina hadn't even been born, not even as an unnamed tropical depression. Apparently this yokel in AridZona who knows jack squat about hurricanes thinks this stuff is supposed to come in some kind of prophetic dream. That's what happens when you try to rewrite history from your wankalounger. You end up looking ridiculous. And because he doesn't read where he was corrected last night, he comes back and doubles down on dumbfuckity.

It doesn't change history. It just makes him look twice as stupid.

Seriously brother, if you can't leave your house in 20 minutes with EVERYTHING you need, there is something really wrong with you. You don't need your big screen tv. You don't need your art. You take critical documents, food and water, data (laptops, thumb drives, etc.) and some clothes. Jesus Christ, if someone can't grab that in 20 minutes, they deserve to die....

A week in advance they were concerned about the levees and warning people to leave. That's just a fact.

YOU'RE A FUCKING LIAR OR AN IDIOT. I'd appreciate it if you just STOPPED TALKING about this issue because every time you or Claudette or AZMike open your mouths about it a LIE comes out. The storm did not fucking EXIST a week out. My fuck you people are STUPID.

Man alive, is there any subject in which you know what you're talking about? They were warning people a week out (as they always do). It's astounding how stupid you are....

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

New Orleans, LA Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NOLA.com

Yep. Reid is a stubborn as a mule ass ****. no doubt about it.

Seriously brother, if you can't leave your house in 20 minutes with EVERYTHING you need, there is something really wrong with you. You don't need your big screen tv. You don't need your art. You take critical documents, food and water, data (laptops, thumb drives, etc.) and some clothes. Jesus Christ, if someone can't grab that in 20 minutes, they deserve to die....

Nobody in the world took their big screen TV. Ignorance like that just shows how out of touch you are. See post 162 for a reality check, which I noticed you carefully avoided quoting.

People have families. And cars. And pets. And medical needs. And houses. Obviously you've never been in an approaching hurricane. Do your 20 minute every-man-for-himself exit and you'll learn a lot of lessons. Or you could just fricking listen to those of us who know what we're talking about.

Fat chance of that for a devout Contrarian I guess.

Katrina killed that many people because Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid flood waters for 2 weeks.

The storm wasn't as powerful. And the 120 deaths is a testament to good governance. FEMA, Cuomo, Christie and Obama deserve a great deal of credit.

your first sentence is nothing short of false...your second is at best hyperbolic partisan rhetoric
No..my first sentence isn't false.

It was so bad..that doctors euthanized their patients at one hospital.

By the way, 9/11 happened under Bush's watch, after he decided to ignore "mosquitoes" and piss off the Chinese and Russians.

Here we go again...Booosh

Not a word how Clinton let binLaden get away.

Man alive, is there any subject in which you know what you're talking about? They were warning people a week out (as they always do). It's astounding how stupid you are....

Man alive, you're even denser than I thought.

Do you read anyone's posts at all?? Katrina did not exist a week out. This has not only been pointed out several times; it's right in the post you just quoted. :bang3:

How the fuck do you warn people about a hurricane that doesn't exist at all, even as a weather pattern? Do you not get linear time? Go ahead, explain this time travel thing.

DUH.

Last edited:

For a week that storm dominated the news because the way it was tracking it had a very good chance of becoming a very big storm. I sat here and watched this thing with a neighbor who owned a house in NO. Right after it passed Florida and started building again he mentioned he was worried his house was in danger. It was.

There was plenty of time for people with half a functioning nervous system to react and get out of the way. It's not like you had to fly to f*cking Paris to avoid it. Travel a few hours inland and camp out for a few days. Sh*t! It's not that hard to figure out!

Is the entire gulf coast supposed to evacuate every time a tropical storm forms?

You're timeline is WRONG, BTW, Katrina wasn't a tropical storm until the 24th. Read your own fucking link you idiot.

Last edited:

Hey!

RETARDED PERSON!

KATRINA DID NOT EXIST A WEEK OUT

Is the entire gulf coast supposed to evacuate every time a tropical storm forms?

You're timeline is WRONG, BTW, Katrina wasn't a tropical storm until the 24th. Read your own fucking link you idiot.

No, we're supposed to evacuate before the storm forms. We're supposed to know these things even before NOAA does. The storm was six days old when it made landfall, including its time as a TD and TS; its eventual path wasn't suspected until 3 days out and assured less than 2 days out.

I suspect some people are reading the thread title "biggest asshole in America" and taking it as a challenge with this "warning people a week before" horseshit. What I don't get is how they expect to sell these myths when they're so easy to prove dead wrong. What is it they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Last edited:
One good thing about a hurricane.

There is plenty of warning that its coming.

All those folks could have left NO. A city 5 feet below sea level.

My ass would have been gone. No problem.

The first advisory was sent out on the 23rd. You must not read very well.

No I don't want the entire gulf evacuated I want the stupid ones to stay and get wiped out.

Forum List

Back