The biggest asshole in America

One good thing about a hurricane.

There is plenty of warning that its coming.

All those folks could have left NO. A city 5 feet below sea level.

My ass would have been gone. No problem.

Define "plenty".

I use myself as a typical example; I was first informed (by a phone call from a friend) on Saturday August 27, about 2pm. That would be at the most 40 hours before landfall. Is that enough time? Yes, if you're ready to drop everything, can get your family and pets and meds together, seal up your house and get things off the floor and away from windows and secure other vehciles, are made aware and have a way to get out. Just because you or I have all those things doesn't mean everyone does. Actually the first thing I did was arrange to take somebody else who had no way out. But again, I was in a position to do that; many were not in a position to be on either end.

Btw I don't know why you keep harping on this but no city is universally "5 feet below sea level"; elevations vary. Some parts are, other parts are above sea level. Just as in New York or Miami. Not that that had anything to do with flooding areas; the flooding you took depended not at all on your elevation, but how close you were to any of the seven levee breaches. My GF's apartment for example was in Mid-City, one of the higher elevations, and it took 8 feet of water. Where I lived uptown, it was only 2 feet and I had no damage.

And of course "no problem" means except for the fact that millions of other people are leaving at the same time and that puts you in a traffic lockup for hours -- hours which very much count among those 40 hours you have.

It's always entertaining to hear cheap fluff about "I would have done this, I would have done that" when there's not the remotest possibility of actually having to do it. Put that together with $4.62 and you have a cappuccino.

Last edited:
Hurricane Katrina: The Essential Time Line

Aug 23rd- Tropical storm Identified.
Aug 29th- Landfall in the gulf.

For a week that storm dominated the news because the way it was tracking it had a very good chance of becoming a very big storm. I sat here and watched this thing with a neighbor who owned a house in NO. Right after it passed Florida and started building again he mentioned he was worried his house was in danger. It was.

There was plenty of time for people with half a functioning nervous system to react and get out of the way. It's not like you had to fly to f*cking Paris to avoid it. Travel a few hours inland and camp out for a few days. Sh*t! It's not that hard to figure out!

Is the entire gulf coast supposed to evacuate every time a tropical storm forms?

You're timeline is WRONG, BTW, Katrina wasn't a tropical storm until the 24th. Read your own fucking link you idiot.

The first advisory was sent out on the 23rd. You must not read very well.

No I don't want the entire gulf evacuated I want the stupid ones to stay and get wiped out.

It wasn't Tropical Storm Katrina on the 23rd - as YOU claimed - it was Tropical Depression 12. Again, I will have to ask you READ YOUR OWN FUCKING LINK MORON.

No I don't want the entire gulf evacuated I want the stupid ones to stay and get wiped out.

I'm sorry you're a sociopath.

Last edited:
Hurricane Katrina: The Essential Time Line

Aug 23rd- Tropical storm Identified.
Aug 29th- Landfall in the gulf.

For a week that storm dominated the news because the way it was tracking it had a very good chance of becoming a very big storm. I sat here and watched this thing with a neighbor who owned a house in NO. Right after it passed Florida and started building again he mentioned he was worried his house was in danger. It was.

There was plenty of time for people with half a functioning nervous system to react and get out of the way. It's not like you had to fly to f*cking Paris to avoid it. Travel a few hours inland and camp out for a few days. Sh*t! It's not that hard to figure out!

Is the entire gulf coast supposed to evacuate every time a tropical storm forms?

You're timeline is WRONG, BTW, Katrina wasn't a tropical storm until the 24th. Read your own fucking link you idiot.

The first advisory was sent out on the 23rd. You must not read very well.

The 23rd is less than a week out, Brainiac. And that was only the formation of a tropical depression around the Bahamas -- that's before it becomes a storm, which is before it becomes a hurricane, and it's way before anybody knows where it's going. It eventually did a sharp right turn but NOAA can't even begin to predict these things a week out. It just doesn't work that way. Never did.

I tell you what -- you don't pull ignorant myths out of your ass about hurricanes, and I won't sit here and presume to tell you all about haboobs. Why won't I do that? Because I have no experience with them and no desire to pretend I do. There's a hint that just went by.

Last edited:
Do you have anything that's not from a Crazy Mormon who pisses into a jar.

(I mean Beck, not Reid... hard to keep the crazy Mormons straight without a scorecard.)

If Reid took a bribe, he should resign. Period.

Though the connection to Reid remains unverified, some are remembering how Reid claimed on the Senate floor that Mitt Romney hadn’t paid his taxes for ten years based on far less evidence.

A Las Vegas Review-Journal blog jokes about how Reid might address the situation, if looking in from the outside:

I have a “source” that says that Harry Reid takes bribes all the time. In fact, if you want anything done out of his office, you must come with a suitcase of cash just to get an audience. That’s how he’s gotten so rich on a senator’s salary. He stashes his money in an offshore bank account. And, as a sidebar for Salt Lake church execs, he hasn’t tithed on that bribe money.

Senator Harry Reid’s office has declined to comment.

Yep, definitely guilty.

Definitely.

I'm an excellent driver.

Though the connection to Reid remains unverified, some are remembering how Reid claimed on the Senate floor that Mitt Romney hadn’t paid his taxes for ten years based on far less evidence.

A Las Vegas Review-Journal blog jokes about how Reid might address the situation, if looking in from the outside:

I have a “source” that says that Harry Reid takes bribes all the time. In fact, if you want anything done out of his office, you must come with a suitcase of cash just to get an audience. That’s how he’s gotten so rich on a senator’s salary. He stashes his money in an offshore bank account. And, as a sidebar for Salt Lake church execs, he hasn’t tithed on that bribe money.

Senator Harry Reid’s office has declined to comment.

Yep, definitely guilty.

Definitely.

I'm an excellent driver.

:badgrin:
Yah -- 'course, People's Court at six-thirty, People's Court....

(I mean Beck, not Reid... hard to keep the crazy Mormons straight without a scorecard.)

Fully agree, except there's only one M in moron. :D

If Reid took a bribe, he should go to prison. Period. But you can't bring yourself to call for justice against a fellow marxist, uh?

If Reid took a bribe, he should go to prison. Period. But you can't bring yourself to call for justice against a fellow marxist, uh?

Absent due process, of course, according to the partisan right.

When you act like a fuck'n asshole, it will inevitably catch up with you. Lets pray this gets this asshole out of American politics and into prison where he belongs...

Indicted Businessman Names Harry Reid as Alleged Recipient of Massive Bribe | TheBlaze.com

Even though this post of yours clearly states "alleged recipient" not once but twice, you've already acted as judge and jury, locked him up and thrown away the key.

Makes it hard to take you seriously.

When you act like a fuck'n asshole, it will inevitably catch up with you. Lets pray this gets this asshole out of American politics and into prison where he belongs...

Indicted Businessman Names Harry Reid as Alleged Recipient of Massive Bribe | TheBlaze.com

Even though this post of yours clearly states "alleged recipient" not once but twice, you've already acted as judge and jury, locked him up and thrown away the key.

Even worse, he's parroting "The Blaze" as judge and jury (yet again; I think it's the only site he goes to besides this one). The site of a self-confessed rodeo clown so clownish that even Fox Noise fired him, a guy who candidly says "if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot!". Hard to believe.

Even worse, he's parroting "The Blaze" as judge and jury (yet again; I think it's the only site he goes to besides this one). The site of a self-confessed rodeo clown so clownish that even Fox Noise fired him, a guy who candidly says "if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot!". Hard to believe.

Reading anything by The Blaze requires an enormous amount of fact-checking. I don't waste my time.

Reading anything by The Blaze requires an enormous amount of fact-checking. I don't waste my time.

Exactly -- he makes us do it. That's why intellectual laziness pisses me off. Legitimate discussants take responsibility for their own positions. Parrots --not so much.

Exactly -- he makes us do it. That's why intellectual laziness pisses me off. Legitimate discussants take responsibility for their own positions. Parrots --not so much.

That's a fact I don't need to check LOL

Which is EXACTLY what you Proggies did when Reid made the unsupported claim that Romney hadn't paid taxes in 10 years.

That you are incapable of seeing the blatant hypocrisy in that, or the humor of it, only illustrates how far down your throat the Democrat donkey cock lives...

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

New Orleans, LA Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NOLA.com

The majority of deaths in Katrina was caused by drowning The levies gave way. I sat through that hurricane, though 40 miles north, and four others since I moved to the south. Everyone was given plenty of time to get out! And the government would pay for it.
A great deal of those deaths were caused by stupidity. How can anyone just hunker down when they live below sea level and the biggest hurricane on record is headed your way? I have to say that Issac was worse down here because it stalled and rained like nothing I've ever seen.
Even way north, steams became rivers, rivers became lakes and even in the burbs homes became islands. But if you want to measure disasters by the number of deaths then you ought to consider the reason for the deaths.
Just the observation by a dude stuck in the Bayou State.

Which is EXACTLY what you Proggies did when Reid made the unsupported claim that Romney hadn't paid taxes in 10 years.

That you are incapable of seeing the blatant hypocrisy in that, or the humor of it, only illustrates how far down your throat the Democrat donkey cock lives...

:link:?
By floating this undocumented allegation ....haven't you just done the same thing?

Busted.
wT9In_uUwb571xJ3BUoNqL8WJqL0C01wSnFl5piIz1sxzQ9nIPdvk6N0KwC9-lmIb19hhrcjOgI8Jr0QiXYSFlfC9Ua3Ov_KzejE4MxUKTXvWE_H_QbwOSDPZW_mCDS9f84g2FdxGz5X14RU679M9ZeYnKVn5nk1G5kL8g

"Proggies"?
"Donkey cock"?

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

New Orleans, LA Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NOLA.com

The majority of deaths in Katrina was caused by drowning The levies gave way. I sat through that hurricane, though 40 miles north, and four others since I moved to the south. Everyone was given plenty of time to get out! And the government would pay for it.
A great deal of those deaths were caused by stupidity. How can anyone just hunker down when they live below sea level and the biggest hurricane on record is headed your way? I have to say that Issac was worse down here because it stalled and rained like nothing I've ever seen.
Even way north, steams became rivers, rivers became lakes and even in the burbs homes became islands. But if you want to measure disasters by the number of deaths then you ought to consider the reason for the deaths.
Just the observation by a dude stuck in the Bayou State.

Just to set the record straight, Katrina was not by any stretch the "biggest hurricane on record". It was no more than a Cat3 upon landing. The biggest hurricane in terms of strength was probably Camille in 1969 (a Cat5). They say "probably" because Camille utterly destroyed all the wind recording instruments -- but she was estimated at 200mph or more. Camille landed very close to where Katrina did, yet New Orleans wasn't 80% flooded in 1969. For that we again thank the Army Corps of Engineers.

Forum List

Back