The biggest asshole in America

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

NOLA.com: Baton Rouge : Reid says Hurricane Katrina was 'nothing in comparison' to Sandy

Reid is a fossil a dinosaur and I've always hated that guy. He looks like a child molester.
so a child molester has defined looks?....

CaféAuLait;6618998 said:
CaféAuLait;6618990 said:
This did not just happen only to you, and I recall as many details too since we were trying to get our daughter out and know what was happening. The first state of emergency was put out the 26th and they were speaking of how bad it could get days prior. Blanco said she was over prepared on the 27th and had been preparing for days, so much so she said she was able to BRAG about it. If you read the links you might remember too, yet you say you refuse to do so. Have a good night.

And did you give Blanco a call and inform her she wasn;'t prepared? I mean, you obviously could predict the future alot better than the rest of us. Although it was forecast that the eye would plow through eastern mississippi on the 26th and it was a cat 2 at the time, you obviously knew it was going to hit NOLA and would turn to a cat 5, beating NOAA to their forecast. Why didn't you warn the rest of us?

I beat NOAA to the forecast, eh? Why did Blanco declare the first state of emergency on the 26th?
There was a hurricane coming.
Why did she say on the 27th they were prepared and was able to brag?
Probably because she thought they were prepared.

I was following the news to get my daughter out, Nagin and Blanco dropped the ball.

I'm not sure what "ball" they dropped. Maybe you can be a bit more specific.

CaféAuLait;6619025 said:
CaféAuLait;6618998 said:
I beat NOAA to the forecast, eh? Why did Blanco declare the first state of emergency on the 26th? Why did she say on the 27th they were prepared and was able to brag?

How much blame does Gov. Blanco deserve? - NBCNightlyNews - NBC News Investigates | NBC News

GOV. KATHLEEN BLANCO DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY IN LOUISIANA [Office of the Governor]

KATRINA TIMELINE | ThinkProgress

I was following the news to get my daughter out, Nagin and Blanco dropped the ball.

Well, just as predicted, here it comes.

States of emergency are not uncommon in hurricane zones. Governors declare them as a preparedness step -- that is, when it looks likely that something might happen. A state of emergency is not the same thing as an evacuation order. That comes later.

I specifically remember Ray Nagin on TV, before I left, Saturday, telling people to leave. "This is the big one we always feared" or words to that effect. Whether Blanco made the same speech, I'm sure as a higher official she did but I didn't watch that --though I didn't need to be told twice; I had prep to do.

But do go on, school us all from two thousand miles away on the details of an event we were in the middle of. Set phasers on "arrogant".

( empahsis added)

You got that right, you are "arrogant", and why do you think my daughter was there? Do you even think that we possibly may have lived there and had just moved and she was there for a reason, such as college? Could it be we have plenty of experience with hurricanes in the region, and elsewhere which is plagued with storms like Cuba? You make a lot of assumptions, please continue to do so, you are very good at it.

If you have plenty of experience why are you asking us why the Gov. declared a state of emergency on the 26th?

No one gives a shit why your daughter was there.

CaféAuLait;6619025 said:
Well, just as predicted, here it comes.

States of emergency are not uncommon in hurricane zones. Governors declare them as a preparedness step -- that is, when it looks likely that something might happen. A state of emergency is not the same thing as an evacuation order. That comes later.

I specifically remember Ray Nagin on TV, before I left, Saturday, telling people to leave. "This is the big one we always feared" or words to that effect. Whether Blanco made the same speech, I'm sure as a higher official she did but I didn't watch that --though I didn't need to be told twice; I had prep to do.

But do go on, school us all from two thousand miles away on the details of an event we were in the middle of. Set phasers on "arrogant".

( empahsis added)

You got that right, you are "arrogant", and why do you think my daughter was there? Do you even think that we possibly may have lived there and had just moved and she was there for a reason, such as college? Could it be we have plenty of experience with hurricanes in the region, and elsewhere which is plagued with storms like Cuba? You make a lot of assumptions, please continue to do so, you are very good at it.

I don't need "assumptions". I have these things we call "experiences".

Obviously you were not here, or you wouldn't be as clueless about this event as you've shown. Maybe you should bring your daughter in for more enlightened opinions.
In any case the mindless myth that the Gulf Coast had "plenty of time to react" is slain, and we who were actually there and know what we're talking about will see that it stays that way.

Yeah I have no idea how people can be so fucking ignorant. The storm turned from a cat 3 to a cat 4 and then 5 in the middle of the fucking night. By the time people woke up to go to Church there was less than 24 hours left before landfall. Of course your average idiot thinks a metro area of ~1 million surrounded by water on most sides should be able to evacuate with 60 minutes notice.

This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

NOLA.com: Baton Rouge : Reid says Hurricane Katrina was 'nothing in comparison' to Sandy

Katrina killed that many people because Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid flood waters for 2 weeks.

The storm wasn't as powerful. And the 120 deaths is a testament to good governance. FEMA, Cuomo, Christie and Obama deserve a great deal of credit.

your first sentence is nothing short of false...your second is at best hyperbolic partisan rhetoric

Yeah, no shit. Notice he doesn't mention the goofy stumble-bums Nagin & Blanco.

They dropped the ball even though Bush told them to declare it a disater three days before the Hurricane actually hit.

The Gov didn't do so and waited till it hit and the levees broke.

That's not even true you ignorant twat.
Blanco declared a state of emergency in Louisiana on August 26th and requested a federal declaration from Bush on August 27th. It is amazing to me that 7 years later dufuses such as yourself are still repeating the blatantly incorrect lies some idiot on FOX or Drudge told you. Does a stupid person like yourself EVER bother to check facts out or do you just take whatever they shove down your pie hole? My holy fuck

Here's a news article reporting the August 26th declaration
Gov. Blanco Issues State of Emergency in Preparation for Hurricane Katrina - Acadiana
Here's a copy of the request for a federal emergency declaration
Blanco's State of Emergency letter to President Bush | NOLA.com
Here's the snopes report
snopes.com: Blame Blanco

Now do us grown ups a favor and just SHUT YOUR FUCKING HOLE next time you think about talking about a disaster you so obviously know NOTHING about.

She was an idiot as were all those in State Gov. The got their citizens killed by not issuing mandatory evacuation orders and not forcing folks to get out

Oh my FUCKSAKE there was a mandatory order issued for New Orleans within hours after the storm had grown to a cat 5. PLEASE PLEASE just SHUT YOUR IGNORANT HOLE.

CaféAuLait;6619025 said:
( empahsis added)

I don't need "assumptions". I have these things we call "experiences".

Obviously you were not here, or you wouldn't be as clueless about this event as you've shown. Maybe you should bring your daughter in for more enlightened opinions.
In any case the mindless myth that the Gulf Coast had "plenty of time to react" is slain, and we who were actually there and know what we're talking about will see that it stays that way.

Yeah I have no idea how people can be so fucking ignorant. The storm turned from a cat 3 to a cat 4 and then 5 in the middle of the fucking night. By the time people woke up to go to Church there was less than 24 hours left before landfall. Of course your average idiot thinks a metro area of ~1 million surrounded by water on most sides should be able to evacuate with 60 minutes notice.

--- and with all those people on basically ONE road out of town (you wouldn't go east, that's the side the storm was coming in).

While the Governor of Louisiana was where?

Oh, that's right - he fled the State.

Thanks

Yup.

Personally I lay the blame on the State and local authorities in LA. They dropped the ball even though Bush told them to declare it a disater three days before the Hurricane actually hit.

The Gov didn't do so and waited till it hit and the levees broke. She was an idiot as were all those in State Gov. The got their citizens killed by not issuing mandatory evacuation orders and not forcing folks to get out. They had 250 school busses that could have been used. Those same busses were left to be swept over by the water.

And where was the local support??

Who told folks to go to the football stadium?? The stadium they pretty much destroyed. Great bunch of folks in NO.

Bush and FEMA took the hit on Katrina but it was the State and Local authorities who fucked up. The Gov made sure she wasn't in the State and who knows where the rest of the State Gov was.

I know people who were in NO at the time. One of them worked at the jail and he said it was a war zone. People were being shot at and lots of carefully organized thefts. Some of the NOPD stayed but many left to get their families out. Not a good place to be.

Of course the citizens who stayed wasted no time in robbing every store they could get into. Many took food and water but far more took anything they could grab. Thieves one and all.

Nope. State and local Govt dropped the ball big time in LA and Bush and FEMA got the blame.

BUsh and FEMA deserved a lot of the blame. Even given that local authorities screwed up, Bush's response was horrible. Relief supplies being sent to the wrong states because they got the addresses wrong, going to fundraisers for McCain in the middle of the disaster and so on.

I was part of a church group here in Georgia that sent 3 tractor-trailer loads of bottled water, formula, blankets, coats, shoes, etc. to NOLA the day after the storm. Just south of Baton Rouge FEMA told us to turn around, they had it covered.

Needless to say they screwed the pooch.

The folks in Mississippi were sure glad to see us, though...

Poor Josey, reduced to altering posts.

It's not an alteration to omit part of your post.

Now, if I were to change your usual ramblings about your love of dick-sucking to instead make you sound like you're attracted to women, that would be an alteration of your post.

:lame2:

It's ALTERING a post by leaving something out.....Lol!

Horseshit. Not if you excised an irrelevant part.

For example you could have excised the entire phrase about dick-sucking [sic] since it had no role in your response anyway, and the point would have been exactly the same.

I excise irrelevant passages, videos and images all the time. So do posters all over this forum. Doesn't change squatso. As long as you're not editing within the content you're working with. Lopping off the ends is no more significant than cropping a picture because there's nothing in the crop but sky.

Katrina killed that many people because Bush let American Citizens sit in rancid flood waters for 2 weeks.

The storm wasn't as powerful. And the 120 deaths is a testament to good governance. FEMA, Cuomo, Christie and Obama deserve a great deal of credit.

I'm sorry - where is it written that government is responsible for saving people from a natural disaster? Can you specifically site where one would find that requirement? I just didn't realize George Bush was supposed to "save" people from "rancid flood waters". :cuckoo:

Bush and Brownie killed a good number of those Katrina victims.

Incompetence KILLS!

Bush and Brownie killed a good number of those Katrina victims.

Incompetence KILLS!

Well that explains why so many died in the ultra liberal city of New Orleans....

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
It's assholes like yourself that blame Americans for their own deaths due to the failings of the government.

Same assholes that block aid to places affected by natural disasters.

You people are real shitholes.

Hold on here. Katrina was tracked for close to a week before it hit. I sat there and watched the news and the warnings, that was all anyone had to do was relay the information to the people. It's the individuals job to get the f*ck out of the way. What did you expect? Government moving companies to relocate the welfare people before a storm hit?

I think what we gained from Katrina was about 2,000 people that were too f*cking stupid to be in the gene pool got eliminated. Darwin awards all around.

In the end I would think something like Katrina would actually teach you people the government can't and won't be able to baby sit your dumb *ss in all situations. Sitting back and waiting for the government to take care of you means you will die. Anyone that thought that and died? Well we won't miss them.

It didn't hit Cat 4 status till 2 am Sunday morning you fucking moron.

If you're too f*cking stupid to watch a storm come at you for week and at the last minute it gets stronger and kills you that was a beneficial death. At least you removed yourself from the gene pool. You were warned it was going to get ugly, you not moving? Darwin award idiot.

Hold on here. Katrina was tracked for close to a week before it hit. I sat there and watched the news and the warnings, that was all anyone had to do was relay the information to the people. It's the individuals job to get the f*ck out of the way. What did you expect? Government moving companies to relocate the welfare people before a storm hit?

I think what we gained from Katrina was about 2,000 people that were too f*cking stupid to be in the gene pool got eliminated. Darwin awards all around.

In the end I would think something like Katrina would actually teach you people the government can't and won't be able to baby sit your dumb *ss in all situations. Sitting back and waiting for the government to take care of you means you will die. Anyone that thought that and died? Well we won't miss them.

If you're too f*cking stupid to watch a storm come at you for week and at the last minute it gets stronger and kills you that was a beneficial death. At least you removed yourself from the gene pool. You were warned it was going to get ugly, you not moving? Darwin award idiot.

I see your reading density hasn't changed since you posted the same fantasy yesterday. Maybe you should get a grownup to read this aloud: once again, the storm was erratic. You cannot predict any hurricane's track, much less this one, a week out. That's abjectly ignorant. Nobody had a good idea where it was heading until Friday 8/26 and Saturday 8/27. Which is exactly when everybody responded.

Ignorant vacuumheaded cretin.

Last edited:

I see your reading density hasn't changed since you posted the same fantasy yesterday. Maybe you should get a grownup to read this aloud: once again, the storm was erratic. You cannot predict any hurricane's track, much less this one, a week out. That's abjectly ignorant. Nobody had a good idea where it was heading until Friday 8/26 and Saturday 8/27. Which is exactly when everybody responded.

Seriously, what is wrong with you liberals? You make the most asinine arguments out of desperation to paint the other side as "evil".

The storm was tracked, the people were told to get the fuck out of dodge, and that is the undeniable facts of Katrina.

God almighty, you come across as such ignorant assholes when you try to pretend that Katrina was a complete surprise. In fact, there was genuine concern about the levees holding up against the storm at least a week in advance. They knew the entire thing before any of it happened.

Seriously, what is wrong with you liberals? You make the most asinine arguments out of desperation to paint the other side as "evil".

The storm was tracked, the people were told to get the fuck out of dodge, and that is the undeniable facts of Katrina.

God almighty, you come across as such ignorant assholes when you try to pretend that Katrina was a complete surprise. In fact, there was genuine concern about the levees holding up against the storm at least a week in advance. They knew the entire thing before any of it happened.

Not a week out, we sure the hell didn't.

I recounted all this last night but using my case as a typical example I first heard of the impending storm on the afternoon of Saturday August 27. That's when its path became clear. Landfall was Monday August 29th, a day and a half later. Do the math.

"A week out", Hurricane Katrina hadn't even been born, not even as an unnamed tropical depression. Apparently this yokel in AridZona who knows jack squat about hurricanes thinks this stuff is supposed to come in some kind of prophetic dream. That's what happens when you try to rewrite history from your wankalounger. You end up looking ridiculous. And because he doesn't read where he was corrected last night, he comes back and doubles down on dumbfuckity.

It doesn't change history. It just makes him look twice as stupid.

Last edited:

Don't Blame Bush for Katrina - News & Current Events, Breaking ...

newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/9/4/151327.shtml

Don't Blame Bush for Katrina ... the disaster response lies with New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, ... remains with local officials like Nagin and Blanco, ...

~~~~~​

THIS FAR AND NO FURTHER - Hurricane Katrina: The Blame …

www.iraqtimeline.com/katrina/katrinablame.html

... the day before Katrina made landfall -- Blanco followed her ... directing blame at Mayor Nagin." Washington Post lies about Blanco's ... blame Blanco for ...

I recounted all this last night but using my case as a typical example I first heard of the impending storm on the afternoon of Saturday August 27. That's when its path became clear. Landfall was Monday August 29th, a day and a half later. Do the math.

"A week out", Hurricane Katrina hadn't even been born, not even as an unnamed tropical depression. Apparently this yokel in AridZona who knows jack squat about hurricanes thinks this stuff is supposed to come in some kind of prophetic dream. That's what happens when you try to rewrite history from your wankalounger. You end up looking ridiculous. And because he doesn't read where he was corrected last night, he comes back and doubles down on dumbfuckity.

There is plenty of legitimate stuff you can bash George Bush and the GOP for - you don't need to make shit up.

A week in advance they were concerned about the levees and warning people to leave. That's just a fact. Furthermore, you claim of "a day and a half" just supports the fact that these people were idiots. I would need about a 20 minute warning to properly evacuate with everything I need. If these people had 36 hours and couldn't evacuate, then they are completely out of excuses (and so are you).

There is plenty of legitimate stuff you can bash George Bush and the GOP for - you don't need to make shit up.

A week in advance they were concerned about the levees and warning people to leave. That's just a fact. Furthermore, you claim of "a day and a half" just supports the fact that these people were idiots. I would need about a 20 minute warning to properly evacuate with everything I need. If these people had 36 hours and couldn't evacuate, then they are completely out of excuses (and so are you).

Oh fucking bullshit in a flaming barrel.

A week out, for you slow readers, Hurricane Katrina did not exist. It wasn't even a tropical depression until August 23rd. Over the next several days it took a twisty course, hitting Florida first, and in those days up to about Friday 8/26, nobody knew where it would head. Nobody.

And if you went to the same reading class as AridZona boy you apparently missed where I've pointed out over and over that the levee failures were not the fault of Bush, or Brown, or Blanco or Nagin. They were the fault of the Army Corps of Engineers who left them "profoundly inadequate". That's not my opinion; that's official. I didn't even mention George Bush in the last post. Is English your third language??

So no, a week out, with no hurricane in existence, nobody was talking about leaving since no reason to leave existed. Except perhaps in your tiny little revisionist history mind.

And don't give me this "I would need 20 minutes crapola". The hell you would. Talk is cheap. You're talking out of your ass; I'm talking from experience.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back