The Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act Redeux

Which means that if an 8 week fetus were to have a heartbeat and they failed to comply with this insane bill they would be prosecuted and jailed for 5 years.

No, because life is determined by brain activity and an 8-week embryo would have no remarkable activity in its brain.

Which means that if an 8 week fetus were to have a heartbeat and they failed to comply with this insane bill they would be prosecuted and jailed for 5 years.

No, because life is determined by brain activity and an 8-week embryo would have no remarkable activity in its brain.

According to the anti-rights zealots "life" begins at conception. They wouldn't care that there was no brain activity, probably because they have none themselves.

Why don't we just shoot everyone with a serious disability?

Why do anti-rights zealots only have binary options? Were they premature births that resulted in mental impairments for themselves?

Wow! You took that seriously.

No, I was being facetious but obviously it went clear over your head.

Yea, sure. I have come to expect anything from those who defend killing of the newborn.

There is no wording in the bill that specifies the term of the abortion.

Which means it applies to ALL abortions.

Which is exactly the point that I was making about premature mortality!

Changing your tune I see.

Onus is on you to prove that I have.

You said, "This entire thread is based upon the fallacy that a fetus can 'survive' outside of the uterus prior to the 3rd trimester." I said that is not true, and you admit there is no wording in the bill specifying what stage of pregnancy which means it has to apply to all abortions or else they would have to specify in the bill just which stages apply.

I have no idea what the other thing is you are now talking about.

According to the anti-rights zealots "life" begins at conception. They wouldn't care that there was no brain activity, probably because they have none themselves.

I was obviously talking about a legal definition of life. :slap:

There is no wording in the bill that specifies the term of the abortion.

Which means it applies to ALL abortions.

Which is exactly the point that I was making about premature mortality!

Changing your tune I see.

Onus is on you to prove that I have.

You said, "This entire thread is based upon the fallacy that a fetus can 'survive' outside of the uterus prior to the 3rd trimester." I said that is not true, and you admit there is no wording in the bill specifying what stage of pregnancy which means it has to apply to all abortions or else they would have to specify in the bill just which stages apply.

I have no idea what the other thing is you are now talking about.

Ok, so you need this spelled out for you.

What is the name of the bill in question?

We have established that it covers 100% of all abortions, right?

So what do you imagine is going to happen if it becomes law exactly the way it is written?

An 8 week fetus with a heartbeat will be used to prosecute the abortion provider because they failed to call an ambulance to rush it to a hospital.

In other words this is just a transparent attempt to intimidate abortion providers so that they will stop dong abortions rather than risk being prosecuted under an insane law that is being promulgated with zero allowance for reality that the survival rate for premature fetuses prior to the 3rd trimester is so low that not even obstetricians will try to save a fetus less than 24 weeks old.

Now which part of the above do you need an adult to explain to you?

I was obviously talking about a legal definition of life. :slap:

Really?

Got a :link: for that definition and can you explain exactly how it applies in this thread?

• Babies born at 23 weeks have a 17% chance of survival

• Babies born at 24 weeks have a 39% chance of survival

• Babies born at 25 weeks have a8 50% chance of survival

• From 32 weeks onwards, most babies are able to survive with the help of medical Technology

• 2nd trimester is 15 to 26 weeks.
Yes 2nd trimester has a 17% to 50% chance
Link?

An 8 week fetus with a heartbeat will be used to prosecute the abortion provider because they failed to call an ambulance to rush it to a hospital.

That is a totally absurd scare tactic.

And I bet you can't even substantiate whether an 8-week old embryo even has an easily detectable heartbeat.

80% of all births prior to 26 weeks result in disabilities.

Who is going to pay for those disabilities?

Who is going to provide the care that 4 out of 5 are going to need for the rest of their lives?

At what point does the term quality of life become meaningless to the anti-rights zealots?

Why don't we just shoot everyone with a serious disability?
We did that it was called euthanasia .
It SOP in the late 19th and early 20th century.

That is a totally absurd scare tactic.

That is the way the law as written stands.

And obviously you are completely and utterly ignorant of what actual legal definition is being applied in this instance.

1 U.S. Code § 8 - “Person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual” as including born-alive infant | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

1 U.S. Code § 8 - “Person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual” as including born-alive infant
Current through Pub. L. 114-38. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

prev | next
(a)
In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words “person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual”, shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.
(b)
As used in this section, the term “born alive”, with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced abortion.
(c)
Nothing in this section shall be construed to affirm, deny, expand, or contract any legal status or legal right applicable to any member of the species homo sapiens at any point prior to being “born alive” as defined in this section.​

So the example I provided falls under that legal definition and therefore the provider could be prosecuted for an 8 week fetus with a heartbeat.

Next time try doing your homework first, m'kay?

Forum List

Back