The boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomber

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
More Muslim families heartbroken over their radicalized kids who went to join up with ISIS. I wonder how many are right here in the U.S. making plans to join up with ISIS.

7 October 2014 Last updated at 19:27 ET

• The boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomber
By Linda PresslyBBC World Service, Kosovo
_78073156_kosovoboy.jpg

Continue reading the main story
In today's Magazine
In Kosovo it used to be the case that families were culturally Muslim, but rarely devout believers. Recently though some young people have become radicalised. Up to 200 are thought to be fighting in Syria and Iraq causing heartbreak for those left behind.

"In these pictures of him as a little boy, his eyes are so innocent."

Arieta is leafing through a pile of photos of her younger brother, Blerim Heta. She does this every day, and cries a little.

"My brother had a wonderful life. He had money. He didn't have a Mercedes, he had an Opel, but we were a happy family. And I can't understand why he did that."

Blerim was 24 when he left Kosovo on 7 August 2013, without a word to his family. Two days later Arieta got a text - he said he was in Turkey. She didn't worry, because after becoming a devout Muslim, he often travelled to hear different imams preach. Then she called his number and a message flashed up on her screen - "Welcome to Syria."

Continue reading at:

BBC News - The boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomber

Forum List

Back