The brain hardwired to believe in God.

when the life is removed the physiology disappears entirely leaving nothing to represent what once existed proving the existence was metaphysical from the beginning.

when the life is removed the physiology disappears entirely leaving nothing to represent what once existed proving the existence was metaphysical from the beginning.

To avoid the reverse infinity of nothing, something must have first existed ; my best sight of that would be a God.

I was just browsing recently and came across this interesting article I had never seen;

Why we are born to believe in God: It's wired into the brain, says psychologist | Daily Mail Online

I found it quite stimulating , it caused some thoughts. Did I believe in God, before I started believing in him? Was the perception of him just already there? The author made some interesting suggestions that seemed to match my personal experience in my life. I was aware of the other ways of influence of actually how one can " Learn about God", from parents, educational venues, peers and just naturally growing on in your life experiences with learning. But actually being born with belief patterns already there, I had not given much thought to it before.

The thought does cross a few biblical concepts, such as " Predestination" , and our destiny is a subject the bible certainly mentions. Its like " Presuppose", or to believe or suppose " In Advance." Interesting, almost like presuming before any evidence is involved. Its always better to go after evidence first, but between the ages of lets say 5 to 10 years old, who actually does that? I mean were just children, we don't know how to collect evidence just that well yet; and the evidence is not so clear on the topic to all any way.

We can then say the first humans who perceived there may be a God, that perception may have just already been " In them." And it just started coming out.

Being " Born that way", covers more than belief in God , there are many things we can accept that we were most likely born with. Its been proven some are born gay , or some with more emotional content in one area of their make up than another. Some seem born with much more talent in areas, or just something seems to have already been there.

I tell you, learning is just interesting.
Then why don't I believe that I see any proof of a god?

I was just browsing recently and came across this interesting article I had never seen;

Why we are born to believe in God: It's wired into the brain, says psychologist | Daily Mail Online

I found it quite stimulating , it caused some thoughts. Did I believe in God, before I started believing in him? Was the perception of him just already there? The author made some interesting suggestions that seemed to match my personal experience in my life. I was aware of the other ways of influence of actually how one can " Learn about God", from parents, educational venues, peers and just naturally growing on in your life experiences with learning. But actually being born with belief patterns already there, I had not given much thought to it before.

The thought does cross a few biblical concepts, such as " Predestination" , and our destiny is a subject the bible certainly mentions. Its like " Presuppose", or to believe or suppose " In Advance." Interesting, almost like presuming before any evidence is involved. Its always better to go after evidence first, but between the ages of lets say 5 to 10 years old, who actually does that? I mean were just children, we don't know how to collect evidence just that well yet; and the evidence is not so clear on the topic to all any way.

We can then say the first humans who perceived there may be a God, that perception may have just already been " In them." And it just started coming out.

Being " Born that way", covers more than belief in God , there are many things we can accept that we were most likely born with. Its been proven some are born gay , or some with more emotional content in one area of their make up than another. Some seem born with much more talent in areas, or just something seems to have already been there.

Then why don't I believe that I see any proof of a god?
Because you aren't looking for it.

You are looking for excuses not to look for it.

The proof is all around you and in you.

We are not born to believe in God. We are born with an autonomic nervous system, and inherited physical characteristics, but other than that we are a blank slate. We then start learning from the people and things around us. Most people have some religious belief and their kids are exposed to it.

"..."When we think of religious and spiritual beliefs and practices, we see a tremendous similarity across practices and across traditions."

The frontal lobe, the area right behind our foreheads, helps us focus our attention in prayer and meditation.

The parietal lobe, located near the backs of our skulls, is the seat of our sensory information. Newberg says it's involved in that feeling of becoming part of something greater than oneself.

The limbic system, nestled deep in the center, regulates our emotions and is responsible for feelings of awe and joy.

Newberg calls religion the great equalizer and points out that similar areas of the brain are affected during prayer and meditation. Newberg suggests that these brain scans may provide proof that our brains are built to believe in God. He says there may be universal features of the human mind that actually make it easier for us to believe in a higher power..."

Are humans hard-wired for faith? - CNN.com

"It's all part of new field called neurotheology".

does that include the psychological disorder associated with the desert religions, their strident adherents addictions to forged documents ...

"..."When we think of religious and spiritual beliefs and practices, we see a tremendous similarity across practices and across traditions."

The frontal lobe, the area right behind our foreheads, helps us focus our attention in prayer and meditation.

The parietal lobe, located near the backs of our skulls, is the seat of our sensory information. Newberg says it's involved in that feeling of becoming part of something greater than oneself.

The limbic system, nestled deep in the center, regulates our emotions and is responsible for feelings of awe and joy.

Newberg calls religion the great equalizer and points out that similar areas of the brain are affected during prayer and meditation. Newberg suggests that these brain scans may provide proof that our brains are built to believe in God. He says there may be universal features of the human mind that actually make it easier for us to believe in a higher power..."

So why don't I see anything to believe in?

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

You did not survive puberty.

God is the God of the living.

You see nothing to believe in because you died a very long time ago. The dead see nothing..

Last edited:

You see nothing to believe in because you died a very long time ago. The dead see nothing..
So you have nothing... again... except more insults. See you in hell, fartbag.

Insult? Oh c'mon now Taz. Take your hurt feelings and shove it up your ass. Time to be a big boy now.You aren't anymore dead than the people who believe that God is edible. You are just a little more honest and can't fake belief. Thats an advantage.

I alerted you to the cause of your blindness. You openly say you don't see anything.

Why am I not surprised that you can't see the right course to take? When are you going to ask an intelligent question relevant to your demise?

Last edited:

Insult? Oh c'mon now Taz. Take your hurt feelings and shove it up your ass. Time to be a big boy now.You aren't anymore dead than the people who believe that God is edible. You are just a little more honest and can't fake belief. Thats an advantage.

I alerted you to the cause of your blindness. You openly say you don't see anything.

Why am I not surprised that you can't see the right course to take?
So what's the right course to take? Help out a wandering soul.

You do realize that I told you already more than once, don't you?

Anyway, here it is...

You need to take a great net and throw it in the deep ocean of your mind catching everything that swims in the depths. Then you must drag it ashore and calmly and methodically separate the good from the bad, keeping the good fish in a pail and throwing the worthless ones away.

When you are done your mind will work like a brand new computer swept clean of all malware and malicious programs that had cause it to crash on a daily basis for decades....

Purify and refine your own defiled and contaminated mind and then you will see God.

Anyway, here it is...

You need to take a great net and throw it in the deep sea of your mind catching everything that swims in the depths. Then you must drag it ashore and calmly and methodically separate the good from the bad, keeping the good fish in a pail and throwing the worthless ones away.

When you are done your mind will work like a brand new computer swept clean of all malware and malicious programs that had cause it to crash on a daily basis for decades....

Purify and refine your own defiled and contaminated mind and then you will see God.
Ya, you've said mumbo-jumbo like that before. But in concrete terms, what do I have to do?

Anyway, here it is...

You need to take a great net and throw it in the deep sea of your mind catching everything that swims in the depths. Then you must drag it ashore and calmly and methodically separate the good from the bad, keeping the good fish in a pail and throwing the worthless ones away.

Ya, you've said mumbo-jumbo like that before. But in concrete terms, what do I have to do?

When a person is born their view of the world is constructed for them by parents siblings, teachers, peers, society etc. with images of other peoples beliefs that encapsulate the person like an egg. Every time they ask a question in their mind the answer given to them by other people is all they can see. You need to break through this shell.

You need to set aside everything, all assumptions, all infantile emotional resentments, even cliches and random absurdities that people say to each other to be cool or something , thoughts and expressions as seemingly innocuous as 'life's a birch and then you die'..

These thoughts and emotions are what cause you to stumble in thought and perception.

You need to separate the good from the bad in your own mind. It is your responsibility to till your own acre of earth.

Rid your mind of all knowledge that is false, all unsubstantiated assumptions, every perversion, every infantile emotional resentment, even something as dear to you as the belief that there is no God.

Keep only what is pleasing to the eye and good to eat, and then you will be able to see what has always been right in front of your nose.

Stand guard over the purity of your mind for the rest of your life and you will never know what it is to die.

Last edited:
My family was never really super religious (with the exceptions of a few relatives), but I did my own research into religion and came to my own conclusions. A lot of people are AFRAID to go against the grain and do not feel the freedom to decide for themselves. Afterall, they are barraged with threats of "eternal damnation."

Because you never looked for it.

Anyway, here it is...

First step is to open your mind to the possibility that God exists. Without that simple move, you cannot find him.

Forum List

Back