The brain hardwired to believe in God.

So you have nothing... again... except more insults. See you in hell, fartbag.

Insult? Oh c'mon now Taz. Take your hurt feelings and shove it up your ass. Time to be a big boy now.You aren't anymore dead than the people who believe that God is edible. You are just a little more honest and can't fake belief. Thats an advantage.

I alerted you to the cause of your blindness. You openly say you don't see anything.

Why am I not surprised that you can't see the right course to take?
So what's the right course to take? Help out a wandering soul.

You do realize that I told you already more than once, don't you?

Anyway, here it is...

You need to take a great net and throw it in the deep sea of your mind catching everything that swims in the depths. Then you must drag it ashore and calmly and methodically separate the good from the bad, keeping the good fish in a pail and throwing the worthless ones away.

When you are done your mind will work like a brand new computer swept clean of all malware and malicious programs that had cause it to crash on a daily basis for decades....

Purify and refine your own defiled and contaminated mind and then you will see God.
Ya, you've said mumbo-jumbo like that before. But in concrete terms, what do I have to do?

When a person is born their view of the world is constructed for them by parents siblings, teachers, peers, society etc. with images of other peoples beliefs that encapsulate the person like an egg. Every time they ask a question in their mind the answer given to them by other people is all they can see. You need to break through this shell.

You need to set aside everything, all assumptions, all infantile emotional resentments, even cliches and random absurdities that people say to each other to be cool or something , thoughts and expressions as seemingly innocuous as 'life's a birch and then you die'..

These thoughts and emotions are what cause you to stumble in thought and perception.

You need to separate the good from the bad in your own mind. It is your responsibility to till your own acre of earth.

Rid your mind of all knowledge that is false, all unsubstantiated assumptions, every perversion, every infantile emotional resentment, even something as dear to you as the belief that there is no God.

Keep only what is pleasing to the eye and good to eat, and then you will be able to see what has always been right in front of your nose.

Stand guard over the purity of your mind for the rest of your life and you will never know what it is to die.
"These thoughts and emotions are what cause you to stumble in thought and perception." Naw, my parents are fucking imbeciles, I never listen to them on any big question.
"Rid your mind of all knowledge that is false, all unsubstantiated assumptions", that's why I reject today's religions.
"Keep only what is pleasing to the eye and good to eat", so ignore other people's suffering?

"..."When we think of religious and spiritual beliefs and practices, we see a tremendous similarity across practices and across traditions."

The frontal lobe, the area right behind our foreheads, helps us focus our attention in prayer and meditation.

The parietal lobe, located near the backs of our skulls, is the seat of our sensory information. Newberg says it's involved in that feeling of becoming part of something greater than oneself.

The limbic system, nestled deep in the center, regulates our emotions and is responsible for feelings of awe and joy.

Newberg calls religion the great equalizer and points out that similar areas of the brain are affected during prayer and meditation. Newberg suggests that these brain scans may provide proof that our brains are built to believe in God. He says there may be universal features of the human mind that actually make it easier for us to believe in a higher power..."

Are humans hard-wired for faith? - CNN.com
So why don't I see anything to believe in?
Because you never looked for it.
Look where though? I've been looking in the wrong places?

My family was never really super religious (with the exceptions of a few relatives), but I did my own research into religion and came to my own conclusions. A lot of people are AFRAID to go against the grain and do not feel the freedom to decide for themselves. Afterall, they are barraged with threats of "eternal damnation."
Yes, many believers were intimidate as children with threats of real and imaginary violence into professing a belief. I'm sure that many families are unwittingly still passing down fears from persecutions and inquisitions that happened centuries ago.

I mean no one is pointing a gun at anyones head anymore forcing them to eat God in the form of a cheap snack food made by human hands....many even panic at the thought of voicing another opinion and want to silence anyone who does as if it was a threat to their safety and a danger to the public....

Must be some sort of generational PTSD that is still being passed down or something.

So you have nothing... again... except more insults. See you in hell, fartbag.

Insult? Oh c'mon now Taz. Take your hurt feelings and shove it up your ass. Time to be a big boy now.You aren't anymore dead than the people who believe that God is edible. You are just a little more honest and can't fake belief. Thats an advantage.

I alerted you to the cause of your blindness. You openly say you don't see anything.

Anyway, here it is...

You need to take a great net and throw it in the deep sea of your mind catching everything that swims in the depths. Then you must drag it ashore and calmly and methodically separate the good from the bad, keeping the good fish in a pail and throwing the worthless ones away.

When you are done your mind will work like a brand new computer swept clean of all malware and malicious programs that had cause it to crash on a daily basis for decades....

Purify and refine your own defiled and contaminated mind and then you will see God.
Ya, you've said mumbo-jumbo like that before. But in concrete terms, what do I have to do?

First step is to open your mind to the possibility that God exists. Without that simple move, you cannot find him.
I'm agnostic, so am open to god.

"..."When we think of religious and spiritual beliefs and practices, we see a tremendous similarity across practices and across traditions."

The frontal lobe, the area right behind our foreheads, helps us focus our attention in prayer and meditation.

The parietal lobe, located near the backs of our skulls, is the seat of our sensory information. Newberg says it's involved in that feeling of becoming part of something greater than oneself.

The limbic system, nestled deep in the center, regulates our emotions and is responsible for feelings of awe and joy.

Newberg calls religion the great equalizer and points out that similar areas of the brain are affected during prayer and meditation. Newberg suggests that these brain scans may provide proof that our brains are built to believe in God. He says there may be universal features of the human mind that actually make it easier for us to believe in a higher power..."

No. You haven't been looking at all.

No. You haven't been looking at all.
So where should I be looking?

Anyway, here it is...

When a person is born their view of the world is constructed for them by parents siblings, teachers, peers, society etc. with images of other peoples beliefs that encapsulate the person like an egg. Every time they ask a question in their mind the answer given to them by other people is all they can see. You need to break through this shell.

You need to set aside everything, all assumptions, all infantile emotional resentments, even cliches and random absurdities that people say to each other to be cool or something , thoughts and expressions as seemingly innocuous as 'life's a birch and then you die'..

These thoughts and emotions are what cause you to stumble in thought and perception.

You need to separate the good from the bad in your own mind. It is your responsibility to till your own acre of earth.

Rid your mind of all knowledge that is false, all unsubstantiated assumptions, every perversion, every infantile emotional resentment, even something as dear to you as the belief that there is no God.

Keep only what is pleasing to the eye and good to eat, and then you will be able to see what has always been right in front of your nose.

Stand guard over the purity of your mind for the rest of your life and you will never know what it is to die.
"These thoughts and emotions are what cause you to stumble in thought and perception." Naw, my parents are fucking imbeciles, I never listen to them on any big question.
"Rid your mind of all knowledge that is false, all unsubstantiated assumptions", that's why I reject today's religions.
"Keep only what is pleasing to the eye and good to eat", so ignore other people's suffering?

Excellent! I see those things being to your advantage.

Except for the question of suffering.

no, you should not ignore other peoples suffering. Its just a matter of priorities. Most of what causes people to suffer is born in confusion. The less confused a person is the less they suffer even if they are disabled, in pain, or dying. The less confused you become the more you will understand how to alleviate the suffering of others.

Anyway, here it is...

Excellent!

no, you should not ignore other peoples suffering. Its just a matter of priorities. Most of what causes people to suffer is born in confusion. The less confused a person is the less they suffer. The less confused you become the more you will understand how to alleviate the suffering of others.
I'm not confused at all, that's why I'm here, to help people... like you.

Anyway, here it is...

Excellent!

no, you should not ignore other peoples suffering. Its just a matter of priorities. Most of what causes people to suffer is born in confusion. The less confused a person is the less they suffer. The less confused you become the more you will understand how to alleviate the suffering of others.

Is it really any wonder to you why I am telling you that you died a very long time ago? Probably even before puberty.

I don't expect you to say anything here but you really need to do some introspection to discover what happened to you that caused you so much mental anguish and emotional pain that you turned off your mind when you were still only a child..... if you don't already know.

Excellent!

Is it really any wonder to you why I am telling you that you died a very long time ago? Probably even before puberty.

I don't expect you to say anything here but you really need to do some introspection to discover what happened to you that caused you so much mental and emotional anguish that you turned off your mind when you were still only a child..... if you don't already know.
Does repeating the same nonsense over and over give you some sense of godlyness?

Excellent!

I don't expect you to say anything here but you really need to do some introspection to discover what happened to you that caused you so much mental and emotional anguish that you turned off your mind when you were still only a child..... if you don't already know.
Does repeating the same nonsense over and over give you some sense of godlyness?
Doesn't resorting to childish retorts make you feel foolish?

Excellent!

Speaking of childish retorts...:rolleyes:

Excellent!

Allright Taz, you won...

I am convinced. You are not confused at all. Nothing traumatic ever happened to you. You are really just here to help...Babies are dying, you can't see any evidence of God so God must be a douchebag...and the kangaroos, WHAT ABOUT THE KANGAROOS?

Have you won over many converts yet?

Allright Taz, you won...

I am convinced. You are not confused at all. Nothing traumatic ever happened to you. You are really just here to help...Babies are dying, you can't see any evidence of God so God must be a douchebag...and the kangaroos, WHAT ABOUT THE KANGAROOS?

Have you won over many converts yet?
I'm pretty sure that a bunch of you have had to rethink your positions, otherwise, why are you so upset with me?

And if Noah had no roos on his boat, where di they come from?

I believe in God, but my sight is not all consuming ; I also believe that there are many things that I cannot see.

The bible teaches a concept of there being " A Spirit in man"; in my view that spirit is consciousness , and through that we can be conscious of a God. Or conscious of whatever we are conscious of.

The bible teaches a concept of there being " A Spirit in man"; in my view that spirit is consciousness , and through that we can be conscious of a God. Or conscious of whatever we are conscious of.

I kind of wonder if it is possible, that if Man as an animal, evolved into what he is today..... then maybe developing a soul, or spirit was part of that evolution. I'm thinking that because one of the main reasons for evolution is that organisms try to live better, more efficiently... or live longer. Taken to its ultimate, an organism would try to live forever if it could, of course this body in its physical state could never do it. Perhaps developing that spirit was the ultimate form of evolution... and It would mean that God would have been perhaps in control of that evolution.
Maybe Adam and Eve did not represent the first to look like us but maybe they represent that first moment.

It makes me think of when the catepillar turns into a butterfly. Before that change takes place, it probably has no idea of what is coming later and the concept or perception of itself or anything else flying would be impossible.

Then why don't I believe that I see any proof of a god?

the god question is irrelevant there is no hardwire you are lacking, curious though how you reconcile your existence ...
Ya, but the op says that I'm hardwired for god. So what happened. Too much weed? :biggrin:

The article says that not everyone is hardwired the same.
So god purposely didn't hardwire me properly?

I think we are what we are , and we are what we were supposed to be.

Forum List

Back