The brain hardwired to believe in God.

But religious people are irrational, right frigidweirdo?

What else would you call people who believe that they will receive eternal life from God by eating a lifeless piece of bread made by human hands, which happens to be the exact practice that scripture openly teaches results in death?

Suicidal?
Catholics? But they don't believe that taking communion in and of itself leads to eternal life with God.

Everyone's spirit will live on. Not everyone will live on with God.

I was just browsing recently and came across this interesting article I had never seen;

Why we are born to believe in God: It's wired into the brain, says psychologist | Daily Mail Online

I found it quite stimulating , it caused some thoughts. Did I believe in God, before I started believing in him? Was the perception of him just already there? The author made some interesting suggestions that seemed to match my personal experience in my life. I was aware of the other ways of influence of actually how one can " Learn about God", from parents, educational venues, peers and just naturally growing on in your life experiences with learning. But actually being born with belief patterns already there, I had not given much thought to it before.

The thought does cross a few biblical concepts, such as " Predestination" , and our destiny is a subject the bible certainly mentions. Its like " Presuppose", or to believe or suppose " In Advance." Interesting, almost like presuming before any evidence is involved. Its always better to go after evidence first, but between the ages of lets say 5 to 10 years old, who actually does that? I mean were just children, we don't know how to collect evidence just that well yet; and the evidence is not so clear on the topic to all any way.

We can then say the first humans who perceived there may be a God, that perception may have just already been " In them." And it just started coming out.

Being " Born that way", covers more than belief in God , there are many things we can accept that we were most likely born with. Its been proven some are born gay , or some with more emotional content in one area of their make up than another. Some seem born with much more talent in areas, or just something seems to have already been there.

I tell you, learning is just interesting.

Dear Mickiel
Belief in God is like the abundance mentality vs the scarcity mentality.

People whose brains operate in the positive thinking mode
have faith that good efforts and intent attract positive people and results.

People whose brains operate out of fear and victimhood
feel helpless and hopeless. Yes, some learned helplessness is learned.
Some fear is natural instinct, but not enough to drive people as the ruling force.
Most people feel and want the positive forces of love and truth to drive them,
not fear and stress that we learn by experience. the body does not
respond positively to fear and stress, but the natural reactions to this
are negative on the body and the mind. so it is unhealthy and goes against nature.

Our instinct is to AVOID fear and stress, and that's where we can either
learn good habits or bad ways of reacting to negative fear and stress.
The more effective sustainable way is to have faith in solving problems
so that the cause of fear and stress is correctly or permanently removed;
the temporary way or path of least resistance is to put up defense mechanisms
and this is where the bad habits come from of reacting and resisting instead of
solving the root cause in the first place. We learn solutions by experience, but
the process of problem solving is driven by the faith in better solutions being
stronger than the fear of problems or change. That's why faith in good prevailing
helps us survive and thrive in life.

And yes, the natural state by default
is that good begets good, or good overcomes evil.

People are naturally inclined and WANT to believe
that doing good is going to overcome bad influences or obstacles.

We can override this with fear abuse oppression
and break people's natural faith in their ability to overcome
which i snecesary for survival.

Belief in God is like faith in the greater good prevailing.
That is the natural default mindset, even babies
respond to love and want more and ask for more with
absolute insistence that they get what they want.

We condition this faith out of people by fear.

So that part is learned and can be unlearned
so people return to the natural default state of
what is good in people and the world
being the stronger driving force in life.

Last edited:
I was just browsing recently and came across this interesting article I had never seen;

Why we are born to believe in God: It's wired into the brain, says psychologist | Daily Mail Online

I found it quite stimulating , it caused some thoughts. Did I believe in God, before I started believing in him? Was the perception of him just already there? The author made some interesting suggestions that seemed to match my personal experience in my life. I was aware of the other ways of influence of actually how one can " Learn about God", from parents, educational venues, peers and just naturally growing on in your life experiences with learning. But actually being born with belief patterns already there, I had not given much thought to it before.

The thought does cross a few biblical concepts, such as " Predestination" , and our destiny is a subject the bible certainly mentions. Its like " Presuppose", or to believe or suppose " In Advance." Interesting, almost like presuming before any evidence is involved. Its always better to go after evidence first, but between the ages of lets say 5 to 10 years old, who actually does that? I mean were just children, we don't know how to collect evidence just that well yet; and the evidence is not so clear on the topic to all any way.

We can then say the first humans who perceived there may be a God, that perception may have just already been " In them." And it just started coming out.

Being " Born that way", covers more than belief in God , there are many things we can accept that we were most likely born with. Its been proven some are born gay , or some with more emotional content in one area of their make up than another. Some seem born with much more talent in areas, or just something seems to have already been there.

Dear Mickiel

Some fear is natural instinct, but not enough to drive people as the ruling force.
are negative on the body and the mind. so it is unhealthy and goes against nature.

Yes, I think many " Want" to believe in good and I think we all are " Inclined" or influenced in many directions. God can certainly impose anything on us that he wants to,

I think God is just setting this thing up big time.

Dear Mickiel

Yes, I think many " Want" to believe in good and I think we all are " Inclined" or influenced in many directions. God can certainly impose anything on us that he wants to,

Yes and no Mickiel
It can't just be anything or people would not align our free will and choices to work with that plan.

God's will has to be the ideal will that all people want so much
we feel compelled and cannot refuse.

Solutions so peaceful and perfect, of course we want that happiness
and satisfaction and security, and do not want to choose the suffering caused if we don't work together and unite on solutions.

so yes God's ideal will plan and purpose is already written.
But we as humans who are selfish and want the best and don't want fear stress or suffering would never agree to such plans unless we all get what we truly need and want out of the deal.

Dear Mickiel

Yes and no Mickiel
It can't just be anything or people would not align our free will and choices to work with that plan.

and satisfaction and security, and do not want to choose the suffering caused if we don't work together and unite on solutions.

But we as humans who are selfish and want the best and don't want fear stress or suffering would never agree to such plans unless we all get what we truly need and want out of the deal.

I don't believe in free will;

Free Will: God's Gift or Curse?

Dear Mickiel

Yes and no Mickiel

Yes and no Mickiel
Ask someone to forgive something or someone they can't stand.
Try forcing them to forgive against their free will.

Forgiveness is proof that we have to choose freely in order for
this to happen and work. If it's forced and not really chosen,
we can't forgive, it's false, it doesn't work that way.

Now back to the concept of God's will being so powerfully good,
that people feel compelled and can't resist it.

When we face the choice of either asking help to forgive so we
can be freed of misery or staying stuck in unforgiveness,
many people choose to stay stuck. But when it's time for us
to let go and grow forward, we naturally "choose" to accept
the path of receiving grace and forgiveness so we can heal and let go of the past
and be happy and free. We want to be happy and free of suffering.

That is God's will for us that is so strong we naturally choose it.
However, the dynamics and natural laws remain,
that we must freely CHOOSE to want forgiveness and healing
or it DOES NOT WORK. so there is free will built into God's will.

Free choice is a vital step for God's will to be fulfilled.
It's built into our nature that we will choose by free will
because the good is more compelling than the bad.

- are believers of premeditated forgeries religious, no, are they irrational, yes.

Seems rational to me;

Biblical Archaeology’s Top 10 Discoveries of 2017

clue me in, what rationally have archeological discoveries have to do with premeditated forgeries written in a manufactured 4th century manuscript ...

- are believers of premeditated forgeries religious, no, are they irrational, yes.

Seems rational to me;

clue me in, what rationally have archeological discoveries have to do with premeditated forgeries written in a manufactured 4th century manuscript ...

Hi BreezeWood
I'll take my best shot at trying to explain the connection.

Because humanity has a built in instinctual/natural inclination toward faith in God or Good will prevailing over evil or ill will,
then this faith is REFLECTED in our writings, throughout history,
including our Bible which could even be FAKE as you say,
and in our Bill of Rights proclaiming natural laws and rights
given by God or Nature.

Whether these laws or religions are True or False,
whether "divinely inspired" or manmade religious GARBAGE
they still REFLECT man's DESIRE or BELIEF in the
good will behind laws and spirit of "truth and justice"
which God and Jesus are manmade symbols of,
whether these things truly exist or not outside man's constructs.

Dear Mickiel

Yes and no Mickiel

Yes and no Mickiel

the path of receiving grace and forgiveness so we can heal and let go of the past

I see it different, in my view the way of man, ( or choosing), is not in us; Jer. 10:23 , " Oh Lord I know that the way of man is not in himself it is not in man who walks to direct himself." We do not choose to repent, we are led to repent. In Rom. 2:4 its the goodness of God that leads a person to repent, not their own choices.

Seems rational to me;

Forgeries are just forgeries ; genuine are just genuine ; both exist.

In Eph. 1:9-11 the bible goes over " Predestination", that God has " Purposed us"; or made sure we exist when we have existed. It even hints that we all inherited life from him. This is the essence of the hardwiring , which lets me know that we live , because we are supposed to live , its by planning, not by choice or happenstance. Not by our will , or nothing of ourselves, its the gift of God.

Dear Mickiel

Yes and no Mickiel

Yes and no Mickiel

I see it different, in my view the way of man, ( or choosing), is not in us; Jer. 10:23 , " Oh Lord I know that the way of man is not in himself it is not in man who walks to direct himself." We do not choose to repent, we are led to repent. In Rom. 2:4 its the goodness of God that leads a person to repent, not their own choices.

Well Stated Mickiel
I think you SAY it different but God's laws and creation being what they
are, we are both referencing the same things. Of course God creates our nature,
so of course God's goodness is what drives us. I agree. I also agree that
man's free will FOLLOWS and is compelled by this higher driving force from God.

What I mean by free will is that in LEARNING to align our free will with God's will,
that's where we have to be prepared. We have to align our emotional impulses (including skewed by fear) with rational understanding of both past and future consequences.

So this is the trick or key to the human conscience, getting the emotional instincts and "feelings" and the conscious logic to ALIGN in agreement and with God's ideal will.

Free choice is built into that mechanism, but yes the whole process is DESIGNED
to seek peace happiness health and satisfaction/security
over stress fear instability suffering and other negative consequences.

I agree that God's grace is so compelling, and it's the only way out of the negative patterns that our past teaches us we don't want to repeat.

So God's design is that we eventually come to peace, come to "repentance"
and reconcile with God through Christ or by Conscience.

Now BreezeWood on here doesn't believe that the established Christian teachings and Bible are authentic and consistent with God's laws, but believes them to be man-corrupted fraud or forgery.

I understand there is plenty of proof these texts are altered over time, including the much cited argument there was no J in the language at the time of authoring the original scriptures. Of course no translation from Aramaic or Hebrew is going to work in English that is a linear language and going to lose the original context and meanings.

however I still believe the general SPIRIT of the laws is unconditional enough
to TRANSCEND human flaws in language and culture, any such biases do not have to prevent us from understanding the true meaning and message.

So Mickiel and BreezeWood I offer the general interpretation of the Bible message and the process of reconciling with God's true word or laws as "Restorative Justice:
and Jesus Christ as Justice with Mercy. Which brings lasting peace.

However your process is BreezeWood that is still the process of JUSTICE from God becoming incarnated and embodied so that all humanity embraces and unifies
in this spirit of TRUTH that sets humanity free.

You can point to flaws in Christian teachings that skew this message, divide and detract from the plans, even derail humans into making "religions" and "false teachings" out of it.

And that is STILL captured in the Bible, where the spirit of ANTICHRIST misleads and corrupts the law and the false teachings of FALSE PROPHETS skews the teachings.

That's still part of the message captured in the Bible, forged or manipulated as it may be.

So BreezeWood when we look with God's eyes for the truth and ask and knock to open the door to Wisdom and Understanding, Truth and Knowledge, God can still answer us even using the Bible or other flawed or false texts to show us the real meanings hidden.

If God tells you don't use the Bible, then don't use it.
Lots of secular gentiles use natural laws that aren't in the Bible
if God speaks to them using Science or experience in life or whatever
it takes to teach us using language we do understand.

God's truth is greater than any of our manmade words constructs laws or relgions
we use to try to express what is infinite anyway. We do the best we can, and no
system is perfect, because no humans are perfect and we can abuse and alter
any system to start skewing the presentation or the information to be off track.

Despite these flaws, God's truth prevails.

Heaven and earth shall pass away but God's word God's laws are eternal.

Dear Mickiel

Yes and no Mickiel

Free will, a we have come to know it, is an illusion.

Not true. God will communicate in different ways. Just ask. When it happens you'll know. It'll freak you out and make you search deeper

God will communicate in different ways. Just ask. When it happens you'll know.
Hmm, no, I think I will search for much simpler explanations than "all powerful invisible sky wizards", like hallucinations, or false memories, or "bicameral" moments.

Seems rational to me;

Forgeries are just forgeries ; genuine are just genuine ; both exist.
Forgeries are just forgeries

upload_2018-3-6_21-26-20.jpeg

hardwired is what you become when premeditated fallacy becomes for you a reality, by those you've sold your soul too.

Forum List

Back