The Business of Government is to Promote Happiness or Business?

Dude. Sometimes I don't think we live in the same country. Don't you ever wonder how it is that you live a miserable, hate filled life and you support Republicans for the most part. And you have a lot of company on this message board who also live miserable hate filled lives and they to are Repubs.

But the ones that are seemingly pretty happy and successful with some money in their pockets are the ones you call Democrats. Me included.

Maybe you ought to try believing something else beside what you believe. Cause the shit you've been swallowing has made you sick. If you aren't successful with some money, in this country, that's on you dude.

Liberal Dictionary:
==================================
hate - winning an argument with a liberal

I see no evidence that liberals in this forum are happy. If there's anyone spewing hatred, it's liberals. Just look at all the bile and venom spewed at George Bush, Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, Scott Walker, Republicans, Southerners, Christians, the "1%", CEOs, Wall street, yada, yada, yada.

There's hate on both sides. I see your picture of a little kid flipping the bird. Is that the bird of happiness?

I despise liberals. I'm not the slightest bit ashamed to admit that. But I don't go whining about "hate" all the time like your ilk does.
Seems that is all you do

Wrong. Not only do I despise liberals, I prove they are despicable.

You prove yourself to be one of the biggest morons on the board with every post

Liberal Dictionary:

I see no evidence that liberals in this forum are happy. If there's anyone spewing hatred, it's liberals. Just look at all the bile and venom spewed at George Bush, Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, Scott Walker, Republicans, Southerners, Christians, the "1%", CEOs, Wall street, yada, yada, yada.

There's hate on both sides. I see your picture of a little kid flipping the bird. Is that the bird of happiness?

I despise liberals. I'm not the slightest bit ashamed to admit that. But I don't go whining about "hate" all the time like your ilk does.
Seems that is all you do

So says one of the biggest dumbasses in the forum. It's hard to believe there are posters in here even dumber than you. Nevertheless, they exist.

Liberal Dictionary:

Seems that is all you do

The irony impaired far left and their comments!

The NFL is tax exempt, why is the far left not asking them to pay their fair share?
I doubt the NFL would pay any attention if Noam Chomsky called for the league to pay its fair share of taxes, maybe the Koch brothers should give it a try?

Nope. Constant compromising with evil (liberalism) is how this country fell as low as it is now
Citizens United and the War on Terror?

The NFL is tax exempt, why is the far left not asking them to pay their fair share?

Without false premises, distortions and lie, what would you wingnutters EVER have?

How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers
Taxpayers fund the stadiums, antitrust law doesn't apply to broadcast deals, the league enjoys nonprofit status, and Commissioner Roger Goodell makes $30 million a year. It's time to stop the public giveaways to America's richest sports league—and to the feudal lords who own its teams.

How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers - The Atlantic

Meet the woman who wants to make the NFL pay its taxes
Meet the woman who wants to make the NFL pay its taxes - SBNation.com

Nope. Constant compromising with evil (liberalism) is how this country fell as low as it is now

Without false premises, distortions and lie, what would you wingnutters EVER have?

Taxpayers fund the stadiums, antitrust law doesn't apply to broadcast deals, the league enjoys nonprofit status, and Commissioner Roger Goodell makes $30 million a year. It's time to stop the public giveaways to America's richest sports league—and to the feudal lords who own its teams.

Yet the NFL is for profit and the far left is silent on this subject otherwise Obama, Pelosi, Reid would be demanding the NFL to pay their "fair share".

Amazing how the far left will over look such things..

Yet the NFL is for profit and the far left is silent on this subject otherwise Obama, Pelosi, Reid would be demanding the NFL to pay their "fair share".

Sure Bubba, sure. When THAT'S all you got, I guess your fishing at the bottom of the lake...

Sure Bubba, sure. When THAT'S all you got, I guess your fishing at the bottom of the lake...

The irony impaired far left and their comments..

I don't think it should, even if we do adopt happiness as a government goal. We, as a society, grant people different levels of bargaining power on purpose. Low skilled workers have little control over major economic decisions because we don't want them to have that kind of control. Likewise, in a predominantly free market, powerful capitalists have more economic power because we want it that way, because we give them our money
I'm not sure a "free" market would ever produce wage discrepancies like we see today. Mondragon has a happier alternative:
"At Mondragon, there are agreed-upon wage ratios between executive work and field or factory work which earns a minimum wage. These ratios range from 3:1 to 9:1 in different cooperatives and average 5:1.

"That is, the general manager of an average Mondragon cooperative earns no more than 5 times as much as the theoretical minimum wage paid in his/her cooperative.

"In reality, this ratio is smaller because there are few Mondragon worker-owners that earn minimum wages, because most jobs are somewhat specialized and are classified at higher wage levels.

"The wage ratio of a cooperative is decided periodically by its worker-owners through a democratic vote.[21]

"Compared to similar jobs at local industries, Mondragon managers' wages are considerably lower (as some companies pay their best paid managers hundreds of times more than the lowest-paid employee of the company)[22] and equivalent for middle management, technical and professional levels.

"Lower wage levels are on average 13% higher than similar jobs at local businesses. Spain'sprogressive tax rate further reduces any disparity in pay.[21]

Mondragon Corporation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Obama, Pelosi, and Reid aren't likely to criticize a billion dollar a year industry presided over by a $44 million a year parasite anymore than any of your conservative whores. Why would that surprise you?

The irony impaired far left and their comments..

AdHominemAttackChristianLutheranLCMSDebateDoctrineCreedFalseTeachingConfessionsBible_zps125c74fb.jpg

Again, if it's collusion between government and business you want to eliminate, you'll find many ready allies among libertarians and conservatives. But the idea that inequalities in economic power is an inherently bad thing doesn't add up. It can be quite a good thing for society and often enhances the happiness of the people more than any mandated government program.
Possibly my response qualifies as non sequitur, or maybe it will open new avenues of dialog?

Some believe there were two different versions of Karl Marx, English Marx and German Marx. Tell me which of these two translations of his thinking makes the most sense, if any, to you:

"The free development of each (individual) is the condition for the free development of all"

OR

"The free development of all is the condition for the free development of each."

Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities

The business of a Democrat controlled government is to make it as hard as possible for a business in the private sector to succeed.
The purpose of a Democrat controlled government is to impose as many taxes as possible in order to force people to be dependent
on government thereby keeping Democrats in power.
Yet businesses do better under Democratic control

So ourthriving more today then when the Republican controlled Congress and Democrat President Bill Clinton had to find a way to compromise and work together? I think the facts speaks for themselves.

REALLY? REALLY? What happened in 2001-2007 when the GOP had FULL control of Congress AND the W/H again?

If Obama implements a growth policy on Tuesday and the nation is not back in the black on Thursday, this is a "failed policy."

If Bush in eight years brings us from surplus to crushing deficit, rampant unemployment, an economic black hole, a) his policies just "needed more time to work," and b) it was all Barney Franks' fault. If Obama in eight years, with no economic engine left to work with and a 100% obstructionist congress opposing him at every turn recovers the stock market, reverses the unemployment trend, restores growth and puts the nation back on sound economic footing, but after six years we're not as well off as at the end of the Clinton presidency, these are "failed policies."

You can't make this stuff up.

Unfortunately this is what you get when you choose someone with no leadership experience. President Clinton worked WITH the Republican Congress, instead of working to DIVIDE Congress and the nation as President Obama did. The end result is President Clinton got more done and created a much stronger economy. This is the difference between a leader like Bill, and Barrack who only knows how to rally a crowd while managing to lose both a Democrat Speaker and a Democrat Senate majority in the process.

The business of a Democrat controlled government is to make it as hard as possible for a business in the private sector to succeed.
The purpose of a Democrat controlled government is to impose as many taxes as possible in order to force people to be dependent
Yet businesses do better under Democratic control

So ourthriving more today then when the Republican controlled Congress and Democrat President Bill Clinton had to find a way to compromise and work together? I think the facts speaks for themselves.

REALLY? REALLY? What happened in 2001-2007 when the GOP had FULL control of Congress AND the W/H again?

If Obama implements a growth policy on Tuesday and the nation is not back in the black on Thursday, this is a "failed policy."

If Bush in eight years brings us from surplus to crushing deficit, rampant unemployment, an economic black hole, a) his policies just "needed more time to work," and b) it was all Barney Franks' fault. If Obama in eight years, with no economic engine left to work with and a 100% obstructionist congress opposing him at every turn recovers the stock market, reverses the unemployment trend, restores growth and puts the nation back on sound economic footing, but after six years we're not as well off as at the end of the Clinton presidency, these are "failed policies."

You can't make this stuff up.

Unfortunately this is what you get when you choose someone with no leadership experience. President Clinton worked WITH the Republican Congress, instead of working to DIVIDE Congress and the nation as President Obama did. The end result is President Clinton got more done and created a much stronger economy. This is the difference between a leader like Bill, and Barrack who only knows how to rally a crowd while managing to lose both a Democrat Speaker and a Democrat Senate majority in the process.

Weird, I thought BJ Bill lost a Dem Speaker AND Dem Senate Maj leader when, thanks to his 1993 tax hike that gave US 3 new tax brackets and took the top rate to 39.6%, that had led to HIS 4 surpluses? And 'working with'? Oh yeah I forgot there wasn't anything else happening like BJ Bill shutting down Gov't BECAUSE the GOP had started getting extreme? Witnessed by the $40+ million BJ investigation, lol

Last edited:
Democrats AND Republicans want to make it hard for small businesses AND labor unions in order to maximize shareholder value; that's why the US economy has "recovered" for the richest 10 percent of Americans.

The Federal Reserve has been the sole reason for the market recovery.

Democrats AND Republicans want to make it hard for small businesses AND labor unions in order to maximize shareholder value; that's why the US economy has "recovered" for the richest 10 percent of Americans.

Good thing they care about US versus the GOP in Congress right?

The Federal Reserve is one of the main reasons for the market collapse.

Forum List

Back