The Cappucino Corral

The token con says hello, lol.

We are not cons or libs here. We are people, and you are always welcome. Always remember that. No one, and I mean, no one has talked the "p" word here....

:D

Just poking a little fun at me. :)

Humor is good, humor is cathartic.

Now, drink your cappuccino:

Cappuccino.jpg

Hmmmmm, good, eh?

I have many folks wanting to get on the list for landscape work, but the weather is not cooperating up here in Michigan quite yet. I redecked the back porch and tore off the roof at my house so far. Have to put a roof back on soon. We want to sell the house this Fall. Probably build a dog run at my oldest daughter's house this month too.

Landscape season is so busy for me and further complicated by a grand daughter to arrive in early May.

I have many folks wanting to get on the list for landscape work, but the weather is not cooperating up here in Michigan quite yet. I redecked the back porch and tore off the roof at my house so far. Have to put a roof back on soon. We want to sell the house this Fall. Probably build a dog run at my oldest daughter's house this month too.
Are you still have pretty cold weather? We're up in the 80's now.

Landscape season is so busy for me and further complicated by a grand daughter to arrive in early May.
Congratulations, that's so exciting....new babies are such a joy.

Great news!! Little Miss Princess Statalina was with me over Easter weekend from Saturday until Tuesday, then she came last night (Wednesday) for an extra overnighter and was supposed to come back to me tomorrow for her regularly scheduled weekend visit, but she will be back here in about 4 hours, so in essence, I will have had Little Miss Statalina for about 8 days total, when all is said and done!!!

Woo-hoo, Papa Stat is "out of the house"!!

Woo-hoo!!

(At the rate we are biking, I will either lose about 10 KG in the next two months or keel over from a heart attack...)

Mertex Haley is gone ! Joe is the biggest threat. Mike had a meltdown until he found the hidden idol lol. Who gets on your nerves more Shirin or Dan? Tyler is still playing it smart imo and I like Carolyn too. I think Mike, Rodney and Joe are going to be the threats and they will try to get people to side with them. But people are as sick of Rodney as they are of Shirin and Dan :lol:

Mertex Haley is gone ! Joe is the biggest threat. Mike had a meltdown until he found the hidden idol lol. Who gets on your nerves more Shirin or Dan? Tyler is still playing it smart imo and I like Carolyn too. I think Mike, Rodney and Joe are going to be the threats and they will try to get people to side with them. But people are as sick of Rodney as they are of Shirin and Dan :lol:

drifter I know.....I was so pissed that the two white-collar decided to stay with the blue collar and voted Haley off. Joe indeed has a big target on his back....maybe he can keep winning the immunity idols...he seems to be the strongest player so I'm sure that even those that like him will be glad to vote him off. I can't stand Dan one bit.......he's such an arrogant pig, I hate people who are condescending like he is. Shirin is annoying, but she would be a good one to keep till the end, because surely no one would vote for her.

I want Dan, then Rodney gone. It will take a miracle to turn the game around so that Joe can have some supporters, but I've seen it happen before, so maybe he'll luck out. I hope Dan pisses another person off so bad that they'll side with Joe....:)

drifter I know.....I was so pissed that the two white-collar decided to stay with the blue collar and voted Haley off. Joe indeed has a big target on his back....maybe he can keep winning the immunity idols...he seems to be the strongest player so I'm sure that even those that like him will be glad to vote him off. I can't stand Dan one bit.......he's such an arrogant pig, I hate people who are condescending like he is. Shirin is annoying, but she would be a good one to keep till the end, because surely no one would vote for her.

I want Dan, then Rodney gone. It will take a miracle to turn the game around so that Joe can have some supporters, but I've seen it happen before, so maybe he'll luck out. I hope Dan pisses another person off so bad that they'll side with Joe....:)

Joe is a great player, I hope he keeps winning too. I can;t stand Dan or Shirin they are both super annoying. Dan's useless basically. But Rodney grinds my nerves even worse then Dan & Shirin, He's so cocky and controlling. Mike melted down, I don;t think he will win I think Joe will. But I think Mike's attractive so I hope he sticks around a while :lol:

2D274907856083-3-bean-chili-cooking-light-150219.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Beau Gustafson / Cooking Light
Three-Bean Chili
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups chili and 1 tablespoon sour cream)

Add corn muffins to this three bean chili recipe and you've got yourself a great meal.

• 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 cup pre-chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup pre-chopped green bell pepper
  • 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
Preparation:
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup water and next 9 ingredients (through diced tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Stir in cornmeal; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
This quick and easy three-bean chili recipe is a great choice for Meatless Monday - Food - TODAY.com

Baskets + Magenta = Deutsche Telekom!

The national telephone company for Germany, called "Die Deutsche Telekom", has it's corporate headquarters in Bonn, Germany, in a suburb called Bonn-Beuel.

As part of it's advertising strategy, ad makers for the Telekom came up with a pretty cool shade of magenta that is very similar to the magenta used for the Pink Panther. :)

20 years ago, in 1995, the Telekom started to support Bonn's own pro-basketball team, called the BONN (Telekom) BASKETS.

Swinging by the Telekom Campus today while on a long bike tour with my daugher, I saw three new large ads for the Baskets, also for the Telekom, with a nice play on words:

20150410_131528 (Large).jpg

The "T" is for "Telekom".

"Vielen DANK" is German for "many thanks".

By having spelled "dank" as the American English "Dunk" (as in "slam dunk"), the Telekom has developed a pretty nice advertising strategy. Essentially, "many thanks for many dunks!"

Here two more such placards:

20150410_131457 (Large).jpg

20150410_131600 (Large).jpg

"Erleben, was verbindet"

"Experience, that which connects (us)"

:D

Forum List

Back