The Cappucino Corral

Just notice this thread after i posted in The Coffee Shop. Mocha Cappuccino and scones are my latest favorite afternoon pick me up, so maybe i'll double fist it today, lol. Hey there everyone..

Hello and Welcome to USMB Bonita....and nice of you to drop in. Hope you'll visit again, soon and we can get to know you better.

welcome-45.gif

Thank you! :bye1:..I love kitties too!

Hear that folks?

mdk should we bring our cats too? Or do you have some we can share?
I'm not owned by any cats now, lol, but my daughters have some that have adopted me..:wink_2:.

Luddly is the "dog lady" (although she has cats, too) ......I'm the cat lady.....we used to have dogs, too, until they got too hard to deal with. The cats, they're easy, as long as they have food and water and a place to sleep they're happy.

I ain't no lady. I do like dogs but I'm mostly a cat person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

Sooooo ... anybody have any experience dealing with Federal Express -- after they've lied about delivering a package? I stand to lose a tidy sum and I think they owe me.

So far I'm getting the runaround, which is what corporate entites do when they're trying to burn time so they can later say "duh, you should have done X, Y and Z the same day"... :death:

Thanks, Gracie , it's a fun place and people are starting to come over and just have fun. And that's exactly what it's there for. Strict prohibition of politics, religion and trolling here. I even installed the Q36 Immodium Space Modulator to zap any hit-and-runs... :lol:

And I see that CHEERS! has started to pick up again, too!!

Unfortunately, because of family affairs, I've not been on very much at all, but in about at week, my activity in USMB will pick-up some again.

Sooooo ... anybody have any experience dealing with Federal Express -- after they've lied about delivering a package? I stand to lose a tidy sum and I think they owe me.

So far I'm getting the runaround, which is what corporate entites do when they're trying to burn time so they can later say "duh, you should have done X, Y and Z the same day"... :death:

Oy, gewalt!! Was there a tracking number that you can point to?

I made my Wrold Famous Atomic Minestrone soup yesterday and fresh bread today.

Here it is - secret to the best soup, as well as the best spaghetti/tomato/pizza sauce on the planet:

But first, where I learned it ... While living in Tucson, loved to go to an Italian, mostly pizza, place called Magpies. They were always voted "Best of Tucson". Every year, others would try for it but Magpies always won.

One day, sitting out on their patio, gorging on their killer pizza, I asked what their secret was. Next thing I knew, the chef had pulled up a chair and was holding forth on his sauce secrets. After that, I changed the way I cook and it never fails.

Ready?

Basil. Gobs and gobs and gobs of basil. When you would normally put in, oh say, a teaspoon of basil, make it a quarter cup or more. My spaghetti sauce is almost black with basil and its to die for.

Then, just slightly less oregano but gobs of garlic.

He also said his secret is to always use dried basil but only fresh oregano and garlic. Rub the dried basil between your palms as you're adding it. Saute it in water or olive oil with the onions, peppers before you add the other ingredients. And never let either soup or sauce boil.

That's it.

People who watch me cook just shudder at how much dried basil I put in soup and tomato sauce. They're just sure it will be awful - until they taste it.

Be brave. Give it a try.

Leftover soup and fresh garlic bread for dinner tonight. Yummmm.

And you didn't even tell me when to come over for that minestrone soup.... I now haz the sadz....

It's ridiculously cold for this time of year. Seriously in the 20's but overnight lows's are going to get around 7 or so the next 2 nights. This does not bode well for winter here.

Just wanted to let you know that everytime I see your sig-file, I get a smile on my face.

That's what it's there for and glad to hear it. :biggrin:

OK, But 10 degrees is ridiculous for this time of year. It's like someone flipped a switch and here's winter. It light of that my daughter wants to watch the movie Frozen today for at least the 5th or 6th time and I'm going to snuggle on the couch with her and watch it again. Mommy/daughter time. Have a good day.

Get on the phone to customer service and demand to speak to a supervisor and have them explain exactly what went wrong and what your options are to remedy the situation. Oh, and record the conversation so that you can use that as evidence when you make your claim against them.

Good morning everyone.

Pogo, have you checked the FedEx tracker to see where the package was at any given time and whether it was marked as delivered? Computers track the drivers consistently and that is where they'll look when you contact them. A family member is a UPS exec and she always said they leave nothing to chance.

That isn't saying a mistake wasn't made or the package wasn't stolen but check the route of the package before you call them.

Have a good day, guys.

Good morning everyone.

Pogo, have you checked the FedEx tracker to see where the package was at any given time and whether it was marked as delivered? Computers track the drivers consistently and that is where they'll look when you contact them. A family member is a UPS exec and she always said they leave nothing to chance.

That isn't saying a mistake wasn't made or the package wasn't stolen but check the route of the package before you call them.

Have a good day, guys.

Yeah I have the whole path. It all makes sense except that no one came here to deliver anything. They say the driver notes he left the box "on a truck" which is interesting since I don't own a truck, nor is there one on the property. I told 'em that twice. And I'm absolutely sure nobody came here because I was home at the time claimed, outside checking for my mail. He would have had to literally drive right through me.

Seems to me this is why you get a signature on delivery, which couriers seem to have abandoned. UPS gets here but they don't ask for a sig. Maybe they should be taking pictures of their deliveries... this take-our-word-for-it crapola doesn't seem like a solid plan...:dunno:

Good morning everyone.

Have a good day, guys.

Yeah I have the whole path. It all makes sense except that no one came here to deliver anything. They say the driver notes he left the box "on a truck" which is interesting since I don't own a truck, nor is there one on the property. I told 'em that twice. And I'm absolutely sure nobody came here because I was home at the time claimed, outside checking for my mail. He would have had to literally drive right through me.

Seems to me this is why you get a signature on delivery, which couriers seem to have abandoned. UPS gets here but they don't ask for a sig. Maybe they should be taking pictures of their deliveries... this take-our-word-for-it crapola doesn't seem like a solid plan...:dunno:
Yeah, they never ask for signatures from me anymore either. It seems like they left it somewhere else then. Good luck.

Good morning everyone.

Have a good day, guys.

Fedex doesn't have your signature on file therefore they are liable. Assuming that you paid for this item via credit card I recommend that you contact the seller and tell them that you are going to challenge the charge against your card since the item was never delivered. Let the seller fight it out with Fedex since they contracted with them for the delivery. That is in on them, not you, to sort out.

I don't remember ever having a problem with Fed Ex......but, I haven't used them much, but I did have a problem with UPS. I mailed a heavy ceiling pot hanger to my son in Dallas, and because he was at work and no one was home they left a note to pick it up....well, he didn't pick it up right away, so UPS sent it back to me....WTH! So I paid umpteen dollars (it was a heavy Calphalon one) to send the darn thing on a sightseeing roundtrip. I usually just use the post office and go First Class if I want it there sooner than their other options. The post office has an overnight delivery, too.

Forum List

Back