The Cappucino Corral

Sooooo ... anybody have any experience dealing with Federal Express -- after they've lied about delivering a package? I stand to lose a tidy sum and I think they owe me.

So far I'm getting the runaround, which is what corporate entites do when they're trying to burn time so they can later say "duh, you should have done X, Y and Z the same day"... :death:

I don't remember ever having a problem with Fed Ex......but, I haven't used them much, but I did have a problem with UPS. I mailed a heavy ceiling pot hanger to my son in Dallas, and because he was at work and no one was home they left a note to pick it up....well, he didn't pick it up right away, so UPS sent it back to me....WTH! So I paid umpteen dollars (it was a heavy Calphalon one) to send the darn thing on a sightseeing roundtrip. I usually just use the post office and go First Class if I want it there sooner than their other options. The post office has an overnight delivery, too.

Yeah, lesson learned -- from now on I'm inquiring on every vendor who their courier is, and if they say FedEx I'll say find an alternative or I'll take my bidness elsewhere. Never had a problem with the post office.

That's what I do. If it isn't through the USPS then I am not ordering anything.

FWIW, the only negative feedback I have selling on either Ebay or Amazon was a package that USPS showed was delivered but that the buyer said he didn't get.

So, the question is, was USPS ar fault? Was the pkge stolen? Did the buyer lie in hopes of getting a refund?

I don't know but I did not issue a refund. The negative feedback stayed for a year and just now cycled off.

Sorry for your hassles Pogo ... Have you checked with the cat about what he saw from on high?

Last edited:
Good morning, we got quite a bit of snow overnight. Maybe 3-4 inches. I have a doctor's appt. so we'll see how the streets are but it looks so pretty right now. :)

Hi Sarah - same here. Cold and snowed heavily yesterday. Street in front of the house looks clear. Beautiful but happily, I don't have to go out in it until tomorrow.

Hope your streets are clear too. B-r-r-r-r .... Stay warm.

Good morning, we got quite a bit of snow overnight. Maybe 3-4 inches. I have a doctor's appt. so we'll see how the streets are but it looks so pretty right now. :)

Hi Sarah - same here. Cold and snowed heavily yesterday. Street in front of the house looks clear. Beautiful but happily, I don't have to go out in it until tomorrow.

We're having cold weather here....unusually cold for this time of year....

Here's something to cheer up all you "snowed" people. Oh uh, that didn't sound right. To you all "enjoying snow" people......that's better.

Happy-Snow-Day-Ecard.jpg

We have one of those Keurig single-brew machines. Mrs. H. likes the little "K" cups, and they do make for a superior brew. But even if you buy an 80-count box at say Sam's Club they still come out to 50 cents a pop. I bought a big tub of Folger's dark brew that was on sale and figured the per-cup price at around 5 cents.
Do the math. Sure it tastes like crap but geez Louise I ain't going that K cup route again.

We have one of those Keurig single-brew machines. Mrs. H. likes the little "K" cups, and they do make for a superior brew. But even if you buy an 80-count box at say Sam's Club they still come out to 50 cents a pop. I bought a big tub of Folger's dark brew that was on sale and figured the per-cup price at around 5 cents.
Do the math. Sure it tastes like crap but geez Louise I ain't going that K cup route again.
Imo, Maxwell House is much better than Folger's.

We're having cold weather here....unusually cold for this time of year....
I heard every state but Florida is colder than normal right now.

You can purchase a stainless steel refillable K-cup. Mrs Te fills it up with her favorite brew from Dunkin Donuts. Much cheaper than the disposable k-cups. :)

Hey H., glad you are here.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Imo, Maxwell House is much better than Folger's.
I like Yuban :D

You can purchase a stainless steel refillable K-cup. Mrs Te fills it up with her favorite brew from Dunkin Donuts. Much cheaper than the disposable k-cups. :)
I've been wanting to try Dunkin Donuts coffee. Maybe I'll pick some up this week.

Last night my daughter comes into the room and usually if she does wake up, she'll just crawl in be with us but this time she was at the side of my bed tapping me on the shoulders and whispering mommy over and over and for whatever reason, I freaked. I don't know if I was having a bad dream or what but I screamed and scared the crap out of her and my husband. She was bawling and it took a long time to calm her down. I felt terrible. I went out in the living room with her and held her until she feel asleep, then tucked her back into bed. I have no idea what the heck freaked me out like that but it took forever to get back to sleep.

So I'm tired today, it's super gloomy out and really cold.

Otherwise, happy Monday all.

Last night my daughter comes into the room and usually if she does wake up, she'll just crawl in be with us but this time she was at the side of my bed tapping me on the shoulders and whispering mommy over and over and for whatever reason, I freaked. I don't know if I was having a bad dream or what but I screamed and scared the crap out of her and my husband. She was bawling and it took a long time to calm her down. I felt terrible. I went out in the living room with her and held her until she feel asleep, then tucked her back into bed. I have no idea what the heck freaked me out like that but it took forever to get back to sleep.

So I'm tired today, it's super gloomy out and really cold.

Otherwise, happy Monday all.

Bet she never does that again! ;)

Forum List

Back