The Cappucino Corral

It's ridiculously cold for this time of year. Seriously in the 20's but overnight lows's are going to get around 7 or so the next 2 nights. This does not bode well for winter here.

Just wanted to let you know that everytime I see your sig-file, I get a smile on my face.

That's what it's there for and glad to hear it. :biggrin:

That wolf reminds me of a dog (Siberian Husky) we used to have by the name of Argus.

Sooooo ... anybody have any experience dealing with Federal Express -- after they've lied about delivering a package? I stand to lose a tidy sum and I think they owe me.

So far I'm getting the runaround, which is what corporate entites do when they're trying to burn time so they can later say "duh, you should have done X, Y and Z the same day"... :death:

I don't remember ever having a problem with Fed Ex......but, I haven't used them much, but I did have a problem with UPS. I mailed a heavy ceiling pot hanger to my son in Dallas, and because he was at work and no one was home they left a note to pick it up....well, he didn't pick it up right away, so UPS sent it back to me....WTH! So I paid umpteen dollars (it was a heavy Calphalon one) to send the darn thing on a sightseeing roundtrip. I usually just use the post office and go First Class if I want it there sooner than their other options. The post office has an overnight delivery, too.

Yeah, lesson learned -- from now on I'm inquiring on every vendor who their courier is, and if they say FedEx I'll say find an alternative or I'll take my bidness elsewhere. Never had a problem with the post office.

Sooooo ... anybody have any experience dealing with Federal Express -- after they've lied about delivering a package? I stand to lose a tidy sum and I think they owe me.

So far I'm getting the runaround, which is what corporate entites do when they're trying to burn time so they can later say "duh, you should have done X, Y and Z the same day"... :death:

I don't remember ever having a problem with Fed Ex......but, I haven't used them much, but I did have a problem with UPS. I mailed a heavy ceiling pot hanger to my son in Dallas, and because he was at work and no one was home they left a note to pick it up....well, he didn't pick it up right away, so UPS sent it back to me....WTH! So I paid umpteen dollars (it was a heavy Calphalon one) to send the darn thing on a sightseeing roundtrip. I usually just use the post office and go First Class if I want it there sooner than their other options. The post office has an overnight delivery, too.

Yeah, lesson learned -- from now on I'm inquiring on every vendor who their courier is, and if they say FedEx I'll say find an alternative or I'll take my bidness elsewhere. Never had a problem with the post office.

That's what I do. If it isn't through the USPS then I am not ordering anything.

Me too, Stat. Meanwhile..how are you and Little Statalina handling Klia's passing? I know it never eases up, but at least you get number as the days,weeks, years pass.

No. Just being human. Or trying to be. ;)

I think of you often. I might not show it or post about it, but I do. Koosh, too. And pixie. And a few others who have lost a furkid. Anyone that says "its just a dog/cat" never experienced love from one.

Sigh...

Hobbes.

Tree.

Number six.
In the 37 degree rain.

:banghead:

Just figured out where he is, right in back of the house this time, yet he said nothing until now.

We're making progress. He's only got 487 trees left to explore.
Dealing with it in the morning.

I made my Wrold Famous Atomic Minestrone soup yesterday and fresh bread today.

Here it is - secret to the best soup, as well as the best spaghetti/tomato/pizza sauce on the planet:

But first, where I learned it ... While living in Tucson, loved to go to an Italian, mostly pizza, place called Magpies. They were always voted "Best of Tucson". Every year, others would try for it but Magpies always won.

One day, sitting out on their patio, gorging on their killer pizza, I asked what their secret was. Next thing I knew, the chef had pulled up a chair and was holding forth on his sauce secrets. After that, I changed the way I cook and it never fails.

Ready?

Basil. Gobs and gobs and gobs of basil. When you would normally put in, oh say, a teaspoon of basil, make it a quarter cup or more. My spaghetti sauce is almost black with basil and its to die for.

Then, just slightly less oregano but gobs of garlic.

He also said his secret is to always use dried basil but only fresh oregano and garlic. Rub the dried basil between your palms as you're adding it. Saute it in water or olive oil with the onions, peppers before you add the other ingredients. And never let either soup or sauce boil.

That's it.

People who watch me cook just shudder at how much dried basil I put in soup and tomato sauce. They're just sure it will be awful - until they taste it.

Be brave. Give it a try.

Leftover soup and fresh garlic bread for dinner tonight. Yummmm.

And you didn't even tell me when to come over for that minestrone soup.... I now haz the sadz....

B-b-b-u-t

I told you how to make the best minestrone soup and tomato sauce ever.

That should gives you a

happeez-77104857.jpg

I made my Wrold Famous Atomic Minestrone soup yesterday and fresh bread today.

Here it is - secret to the best soup, as well as the best spaghetti/tomato/pizza sauce on the planet:

But first, where I learned it ... While living in Tucson, loved to go to an Italian, mostly pizza, place called Magpies. They were always voted "Best of Tucson". Every year, others would try for it but Magpies always won.

One day, sitting out on their patio, gorging on their killer pizza, I asked what their secret was. Next thing I knew, the chef had pulled up a chair and was holding forth on his sauce secrets. After that, I changed the way I cook and it never fails.

Ready?

Basil. Gobs and gobs and gobs of basil. When you would normally put in, oh say, a teaspoon of basil, make it a quarter cup or more. My spaghetti sauce is almost black with basil and its to die for.

Then, just slightly less oregano but gobs of garlic.

He also said his secret is to always use dried basil but only fresh oregano and garlic. Rub the dried basil between your palms as you're adding it. Saute it in water or olive oil with the onions, peppers before you add the other ingredients. And never let either soup or sauce boil.

That's it.

People who watch me cook just shudder at how much dried basil I put in soup and tomato sauce. They're just sure it will be awful - until they taste it.

Be brave. Give it a try.

Leftover soup and fresh garlic bread for dinner tonight. Yummmm.

And you didn't even tell me when to come over for that minestrone soup.... I now haz the sadz....

B-b-b-u-t

I told you how to make the best minestrone soup and tomato sauce ever.

That should gives you a

happeez-77104857.jpg
Eèet duz, eeeeet duz!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Forum List

Back