The Cappucino Corral

Evening folks. We're making loads of hand-made perogies tonight and having cocktails. Cheers!

LOVE pierogi.

Our son makes the best I've ever had but you can hear your coronary arteries slamming shut as you eat them.

He starts by reducing about a gazillion red onions in butter. He lets them cook forever - tastes SO good but GAH! All that butter.

BTW, we just watched Julie and Julia, or at least part of it. I remembered again that Julia Childs and her husband both practically lived on really fatty meat, butter and smoked like chimneys and both lived into their 90s.

Seems fat may not be the killer we've been led to believe.

:dunno:

Last edited:
Good Sunday Morning, Cappucinistas of the world! Arise and shine!

The temps dropped from +11 (Celsius) to -9 (Celsius) between yesterday morning and today. Brrrrrr....... = Celcius is the freezing point of water, 100 Celsius is the boiling point. -9 C = 16 F, 11 C = 52 F.

Brrrrr...... drinking a delicious Cappuccino with a shot of Baileys today and enjoying a truly quiet and uneventful Sunday.

Amen.

The temps dropped from +11 (Celsius) to -9 (Celsius) between yesterday morning and today. Brrrrrr....... = Celcius is the freezing point of water, 100 Celsius is the boiling point. -9 C = 16 F, 11 C = 52 F.

Brrrrr...... drinking a delicious Cappuccino with a shot of Baileys today and enjoying a truly quiet and uneventful Sunday.

Amen.

I think the conversion is something like celius x 9, then divide by 5 and add 32.

Amen.

I think the conversion is something like celius x 9, then divide by 5 and add 32.

Yepp:

convert temperature fahrenheit F and celsius C

Did security visits on four properties, cut down and hauled off a tree, then removed a beaver dam. Pretty slow day here too.

Didn't have any luck finding just the part that plugs into the outlet for my charger....the apple store doesn't sell it by itself and the whole charger was $80...didn't really need to get another one. I have been using a PC, but I'm not very good with it, couldn't ever figure out how to post pictures....and now, tomorrow we're heading for Gatlinburg, don't know if the cabin we rented even has wifi...so I will probably not be here til I get home....Sunday night...

Have a very Merry Christmas, everyone.

Aww...
thrift store? Shot in the dark...
I don't have a Mac but I'll bet it's a proprietary kind of plug only they sell right?
No, I think Wal-Mart carries it, but when I checked, they just happened to be out. But, it would have been the same as the Apple store....you have to buy the whole charger.

Gatlinburg? That's almost here. Well, a few hours away... weather doesn't look good though. We've had fifties and rain all day. :death:

Ahhh.....you're so lucky.

We spent the whole day (26th) in Gatlinburg....the weather was wonderful. There was no rain....and it wasn't all that cold. Such a beautiful place.

Didn't have any luck finding just the part that plugs into the outlet for my charger....the apple store doesn't sell it by itself and the whole charger was $80...didn't really need to get another one. I have been using a PC, but I'm not very good with it, couldn't ever figure out how to post pictures....and now, tomorrow we're heading for Gatlinburg, don't know if the cabin we rented even has wifi...so I will probably not be here til I get home....Sunday night...

Aww...
I don't have a Mac but I'll bet it's a proprietary kind of plug only they sell right?
No, I think Wal-Mart carries it, but when I checked, they just happened to be out. But, it would have been the same as the Apple store....you have to buy the whole charger.

Gatlinburg? That's almost here. Well, a few hours away... weather doesn't look good though. We've had fifties and rain all day. :death:

We spent the whole day (26th) in Gatlinburg....the weather was wonderful. There was no rain....and it wasn't all that cold. Such a beautiful place.

Glad to see you back, Mertex!!!

Aww...

Hey, good to see you. Did you have a good Christmas?

Warm here until yesterday when we got tiny snow flurries. Oh, and rain. This morning, couldn't see the lake at all for the fog. It still hasn't cleared off completely - just beautiful, quiet, peaceful.

Aww...

Warm here until yesterday when we got tiny snow flurries. Oh, and rain. This morning, couldn't see the lake at all for the fog. It still hasn't cleared off completely - just beautiful, quiet, peaceful.

No snow where we were. It was so nice....the cabin we stayed in was beautiful, with beautiful views. The trip to Gatlinburg was exciting....riding right next to the edge of an abyss...the weather cooperated, mostly rained at night when we were in.

P1010990_zpsf4e18039.jpg

Lucky me. I woke up with a fever, painful cough, sore throat and can't breath through my nose.

Hope things are going better for the rest of you. I'm gonna go lay back down.

Awww, worse time to get sick. Hope you get to feeling better real soon....:)

Aww...

No snow where we were. It was so nice....the cabin we stayed in was beautiful, with beautiful views. The trip to Gatlinburg was exciting....riding right next to the edge of an abyss...the weather cooperated, mostly rained at night when we were in.

P1010990_zpsf4e18039.jpg

Looks like a beautiful spot. Glad you got to take this trip.

Okay, so I have a real thing against using bottled salad dressings. This is my go-to for yummy and quick -

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup each honey and olive oil and a tsp or two soy sauce.

Its really good. I don't eat meat but it would probably be a good marinade as well.

Lucky me. I woke up with a fever, painful cough, sore throat and can't breath through my nose.

Hope things are going better for the rest of you. I'm gonna go lay back down.

Oh NOES!!

Is this the same thing your daughter had? Passed on to you now?

Feel better soon.

No, she had a stomach virus, this is a respiratory thing. There's Norovirus going around here-intestinal and also some respiratory flu that isn't covered by the flu shot. It's just no fun but thanks for the well wishes.

Forum List

Back