The Carnival Triumph Disaster. A Preview Of Obama's Second Term?

Feb 1, 2013

:poop::oops::piss2:
So why isn't the main stream media comparing the Carnival debacle to our current and future economic future? Just look at the circumstances, Ship goes out to see, all seems to being going well, then suddenly there is an explosion/fire in the most important structure within the engine, Then All Stops!! Just like with the debt and deficit and unfunded liabilities. Any intelligent and concerned American is in fear of the day, "When The System Finally Implodes".
:lalala:
The liberals were completely ignoring the the long term affects of a trillion dollar debt, Now It's A Short Term Dilemma. Many "Older Libs" could care less about the debt/economy cause they already have millions, and will be dead by the time it affects the rest of the country. Just like when Daffy Duck said "Consequences Schmonqusences, SO LONG AS I'M RICH". Right, Prince Harry and Queen Pelosi ??:blahblah:

You see this is part of the reason the republicans are failing.

You keep making these redicules predictions and then the opposite comes true and you all look like you dont understand policy and its repercussions.

good analogy. The collapse of our fiscal system in inevitable. If we continue to spend more than we collect and continue to increase the national debt the system will collapse.

It amazes me that those on the left cannot see this simple reality.

You see this is part of the reason the republicans are failing.

You keep making these redicules predictions and then the opposite comes true and you all look like you dont understand policy and its repercussions.

Do you spend more than you take in every month in your personal life? Are your credit cards maxed out? are your borrowing money to pay the interest on your accumulated debt?

thats what the federal govt is doing.

I saw all of this coming in November 2008, as soon as I saw O'Bozo winning, first thing that came to mind of myself and 1/2 of America was,,,that's it,,,We're Going Down! Like The Titanic! and sure enough we did!! And we all know it was Obama that caused the Stock Market Crash of 2009.

I saw all of this coming in November 2008, as soon as I saw O'Bozo winning, first thing that came to mind of myself and 1/2 of America was,,,that's it,,,We're Going Down! Like The Titanic! and sure enough we did!! And we all know it was Obama that caused the Stock Market Crash of 2009.

Oh really.

Tell me all about it.

I worked for the NYSE for 13.5 years.

And during most of that time, Bush was President.

This ought to be good.

good analogy. The collapse of our fiscal system in inevitable. If we continue to spend more than we collect and continue to increase the national debt the system will collapse.

How exactly?

In your own words.

when have you ever correctly predicted the outcome of policy?

Only a left winger could be proud of being <fill in the blank> quizzillion in debt.

You are insane.

You are the person still trying to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Can you imagine if Mayor Doomberg was the caption of the ship? with his long list of rules? No more than 3 poop/urine bags per passenger and only one onion sandwich, and no more than one 8 0z plastic cup PER DAY !!!

How exactly?

In your own words.

how will it collapse? when the credit of the USA becomes worthless and no one will buy our bonds. When the dollar becomes worthless because it is not backed by anything of value. When the entire amount of tax revenue is used to pay the interest on the debt.

Its not going to happen tomorrow, or next month, or next year, but it is inevitable if we continue a trillion in deficit spending every year.

you must be smart enough to realize that.

Last edited:

How exactly?

In your own words.

how will it collapse? when the credit of the USA becomes worthless and no one will buy our bonds. When the dollar becomes worthless because it is not backed by anything of value. When the entire amount of tax revenue is used to pay the interest on the debt.

Its not going to happen tomorrow, or next month, or next year, but it is inevitable if we continue a trillion in deficit spending every year.

Worthless to who?

Do you know what George W. Bush was saying about the debt and deficit? He was saying we had over a 13 trillion dollar a year economy..so we could manage a good amount of debt before hitting any tipping point. To a certain extent he was right.

So again. Worthless to who?

Do you even know who's the largest holder of US debt in the world?

Last edited:

if you are serious please tell us how that is even possbile?

How exactly?

In your own words.

Worthless to who?

Do you know what George W. Bush was saying about the debt and deficit? He was saying we had over a 13 trillion dollar a year economy..so we could manage a good amount of debt before hitting any tipping point. To a certain extent he was right.

So again. Worthless to who?

Do you even know who's the largest holder of US debt in the world?

Worthless to anyone, when there is doubt about whether the bond issuer can pay the interest and principle, then the bonds will not be bought.

Bush was wrong, Obama is wrong. Grow up, its not a partisan discussion, its an economic discussion.

Question for you: Would the coutry be better or worse off if it did not have 16 trillion in debt?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsDmPEeurfA]President Bush Addresses Nation on Economic Crisis - YouTube[/ame]

since your republican president told you we were about to crash then you predicted NOTHING

President Bush's speech on the financial crisis 9/24/08

Bush got on national TV and told the world that the US was about to crash.

That was BEFORE Obama was elected.

blaming Obama for what the Bush policy caused is just more proof your party cant understand the real world

SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers
Eight Years After Passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Key Provisions Will Now Be Implemented
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190
Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2007 - Ending eight years of stalled negotiations and impasse, the Commission today voted to adopt, jointly with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board), new rules that will finally implement the bank broker provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. The Board will consider these final rules at its Sept. 24, 2007 meeting. The Commission and the Board consulted with and sought the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Thrift Supervision.

why did the Bush admin hold back these regulations?

Oh really.

Tell me all about it.

I worked for the NYSE for 13.5 years.

And during most of that time, Bush was President.

This ought to be good.

With all due respect, why do you think the support for the Republican Party hasn't just plummeted but dug a hole similar to the movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth"?

It's not that the Democrats are winning you see It's that conservatives are doing what they did up here.

Running as fast away as humanly possible from the party of Washington insiders. Ours had become Ottawa insiders.

Well till we literally walked around in our own political/ biblical version of the desert for years on end till we got a true conservative party.

Anyone who is a conservative knows damn well that Bush was a true failure on the economy.

He signed everything they brought him. He never ever said no. And he should have said NO!

Don't get me wrong. I truly believe that he thought he was doing the right thing. But man oh man, not Bush not any R stopped the insane spending.

Forum List

Back