The Carnival Triumph Disaster. A Preview Of Obama's Second Term?

They did it on purpose and anyone who votes for a republican votes for this type of leadership

They gamed the system to screw the American people out of money.

Its was a planned wealth transfer from the middle class to the wealthy.

and here are you clones defending the very people who distroyed so many lives.

WHY????

You don't want to reason or discuss, you like your one liners, but are you telling me it only took 7 years to put us in the mess we are in? In the 90's people were getting mortgages at 125% of their value! Dotcoms were getting billions of dollars for companies that never had a profit! The government never considered to save a dime. This was all in the 90's, this was before Bush. 2001 should have been the end of the bubbles, it was stretched out to 2008, that was a miracle.

We rode bubble after bubble for decades, each one bigger than the next and we finally popped. It is economics 101, Allowing the derivatives probably saved us for 7 years, but all the while from day one, many decades ago, the rich were getting richer.

Oh please.

:eusa_hand:

Truth. Prime Minister Chretien who was in power at the time had connections to oil for food.

Not directly. But his son in law and his son in laws brother were involved in a firm out of Paris that had ties to oil for food. Dealing with Iraq at a time of sanctions.

Diane Francis was the reporter who dug up the link if I remember correctly.

Yeah..and Cheney was making deals with them too.

Had nothing to do with Iraq ever being a threat to western civilization.

Just so you know I'm telling the truth here's one link. Don't kill me on it. Because Diane Francis is I think at the National Post now, but I'm on the fly here.

I remembered incorrectly though. I thought it was a brother. He was actually the PM's son in laws father.

And Diane is a really respected journalist who actually took the chance and did her job. It's so dirty.

Yes we have dirty politicians as well.

Oh and btw it's been reported that Cheney donated all his profits to charity. Lady Bird ? Didn't hear about how much she and her family made off of a number of wars. Let's face it.

Politics is dirty. Bipartisan dirty.

Canadians are also said to have made oil deals with Saddam, and ties with the Canadian Company involved go all the way up to Prime Minister Paul Martin’s office.

A man called Benon Sevan may be the UN kingpin in the oil-for-food program.

In the Canadian connection, it’s a man called Paul Desmarais. Desmarais is the largest shareholder and director of TotalFinaElf, the largest corporation in France, which held tens of billions of dollars in contracts with the deposed regime of Saddam Hussein.

Martin replaced Prime Minister Jean Chretien last December. Chretien’s daughter, France is married to Andre Desmarais, son of Paul Desmarais.

Martin maintains powerful UN connections through Annan’s special UN advisor Maurice Strong. In fact, Strong, who also happens to be the architect of the Kyoto Protocol, hired Martin in the 1960s to work for Paul Desmarais Sr.

According to respected Financial Post columnist Diane Francis, "In 1974, Desmarais made Martin president of Canada Steamship Lines and then in 1981, he made him spectacularly rich by selling the company to him and a partner for $180 million. Martin’s shipping company is estimated to be worth about $424 million, making him the 63rd richest person in Canada."

Shortly after his arrival in the Prime Minister’s office, Martin gave the company to his three sons.

The French Connection

I wonder if I am in the 2% (or so) of Americans who are debt free. No mortgage or visa debt. and I am able to save money each month. does that make me one of the "Evil Rich"?

Once Bush KNEW they could not hold the broker rules back anymore and they were about to take effect Bush went on TV and annouced the economy was about to crash.

6 days later the Broker rules were implimented

Oh please.

:eusa_hand:

Truth. Prime Minister Chretien who was in power at the time had connections to oil for food.

Not directly. But his son in law and his son in laws brother were involved in a firm out of Paris that had ties to oil for food. Dealing with Iraq at a time of sanctions.

Diane Francis was the reporter who dug up the link if I remember correctly.

Yeah..and Cheney was making deals with them too.

Had nothing to do with Iraq ever being a threat to western civilization.

I had to address this part of your post. I don't want to derail the thread though.

AND I really do listen to more than Art Bell. :eusa_angel: Honest.

Think about the possibility ever of Saddam's sons taking the power and the wealth of Iraq into their hands.

Sometimes I truly do wonder if this was war by proxy. I can't see any country in the Middle East being thrilled with that possibility.

Anyways, that's for another thread.

Last edited:
The Carnival disaster is really a parable for the nation. Full of shit and listing to one side.

the republican party owns this mess 100%

Both sides do.

Stop blaming. Start fixing. Tell Washington to stop running advertisements to get people on transit.

Tell Washington to fix the freaking potholes. Do a job. Come up with a budget. Do freaking something.

They are your employees, not your masters.

The Carnival disaster is really a parable for the nation. Full of shit and listing to one side.

You now that I think about it I think we're not going big enough here.

How about the Concordia? Because the stupid Captain of the ship wrecked it.

SHIP_137190790.jpg

the republican party owns this mess 100%

Both sides do.

Stop blaming. Start fixing. Tell Washington to stop running advertisements to get people on transit.

Tell Washington to fix the freaking potholes. Do a job. Come up with a budget. Do freaking something.

They are your employees, not your masters.

Your party wont let things get fixed.

they created the broker mess all on their own.

The broker rules were written into law and signed by the president.

Bushs SEC then gamed the system and held back the rules

If the brokers had been liecensed like the law required the banks could not have sold off this sub prime for a profit.

they would not have done it if they couldnt make a profit

Forum List

Back