The CHIPS act - delivering $52B in subsidies to the massively profitable semiconductor industry - has passed Congress after being bloated out to $280B

Translation - "The middle class subsidizing the billionaire / millionaire investor class is perfectly acceptable as long as the Democrats are the ones doing it and not those greedy corporate ass kissing Republicans."
No, I'm calling the hypocrisy out. When just and righteous god fearing Republican patriots do it, it's acceptable. It's Pro Business!! When dirty, liberal, heathen Democrats do it...IT'S BAD!! :)
Hence the whole, "make up your mind" statement.

Yupp!
Chip companies are wealthy enough to expand domestically without being the benefactors of cold, hard taxpayer cash filling their tills.

P.S.
The price of doing the right thing for our Country anymore is based on 'what's in it for me'.

We need another World War to change this nutty belief; you know, something that directly affects everyone's survival!!!

Yupp!
Chip companies are wealthy enough to expand domestically without being the benefactors of cold, hard taxpayer cash filling their tills.
And do you ever ask why it doesn't happen? Do you ever ask, why are almost all semiconductors made in far east Asia and then imported here? :)

Profit? Greed?
I didn't ask. So tell us, great brainiac.
Governments subsidizing production costs of these chip companies. Land, taxes, operating expenses, labor.

This is exactly what just happened with the CHIPS Act funding.
Why is there a right wing problem all the sudden? :)

Governments subsidizing production costs of these chip companies. Land, taxes, operating expenses, labor.

This is exactly what just happened with the CHIPS Act funding.
Why is there a right wing problem all the sudden? :)

You and Mussolini are 2 of a kind.

First Pelosi and congress bought a bunch of chips stocks, then gifted them billions of dollars. I think we all know why.

Translation - "The middle class subsidizing the billionaire / millionaire investor class is perfectly acceptable as long as the Democrats are the ones doing it and not those greedy corporate ass kissing Republicans."
This is how Bubba got NATFA passed. Poppy Bush couldn’t get it done. Plus Obama the prince-of-peace can take W’s Patriotic Act and harden it.

the better way to do that is through private investors

It is through private investors. Private investors are getting tax subsidies to build in America. Governments do this all the time, D or R.

Much of the semiconductor industry is in Taiwan. TSMC is a huge company. If China invades Taiwan and refused to sell us chips, or blew up the foundry, our economy would collapse.

I don't like this type of stuff. But since "globalism" is now a dirty word on the alt-right and the left, and Everything China is Evil, you're going to see more and more of this "de-globalization" as we re-engineer supply chains back away from Asia. Isn't that what the alt-right wants? Trump tried to do this with trade taxes and failed miserably.

Do you want manufacturing in this country again?
The question is do YOU want manufacturing in this country again?

Or are you just stuck in partisan political football mode because you can't see past your alt-right views?
Good question for yourself, if you are ever NOT stuck in your own partisan mode because you never see past your own neo-Marxist views?

The question is do YOU want manufacturing in this country again?

Good question for yourself, if you are ever NOT stuck in your own partisan mode because you never see past your own neo-Marxist views?
You're way too late to the party here.

Forum List

Back