The Christian Testimonies

Jeremiah, Not a valid reply, not an apology or admission= epic fail of the human ego.
you said: I am praying for you
That's a typical condescending attitude that is deflective in nature , meaning you are worried for yourself.

Penelope look it up lazy.

The cut and paste queen named jeremiah i feel sorrow for you...psalm 16 :4 the sorrows of those who seek another god shall grow..i will pour out their drink offering of blood and i will not take up their names on my lips....your jesus will do nothing for you joshua 23:6 therefore be very strong to be carefull and do all that is written in the law of moses so that you do turn not away to the right hand or to the left. 7 do not mingle closely with these gentiles those that live among you nor call upon the name of their gods(oops no jesus) nor serve them nor bow yourselves to them 8 rather, stay with yhwh, your gd the same way as you have done today...in otherwords your jesus blood is not only not a get out of jail card but his name is useless in everyway...

Hashev, that scripture you just quoted about the LORD visiting us in the night? I have had the experience before - many times - it is a most glorious experience for the LORD to visit you while you are asleep yet your heart is awake. This is not only found in Song of Songs. If you will look up Psalm 17 you will find that this was something David experienced. (I have experienced this too) I hesitated at first to share this with you because I am not to cast my pearls before swine but in this one particular time - I believe I will share it with you so that you may know that the mystery behind Song of Songs is really speaking of the relationship between the Beloved and His Church - My wedding ring says in Hebrew - I am my Beloveds and my Beloved is mine. This speaks of My Messiah and He is revealed in Song of Songs.

One other thing - I believe that you are not a Kabbalist nor do you want to have anything to do with devil worship. I believe what G-d has shown me about you. You are walking in the truth you have for this time. That is what He showed me about you.

Casting pearls before swine...hmmmmm.... If you remember it was iesus which in latin means pig and since christians love to partake of swine it is michael that has the pearls of knoledge not you jeremiah... So you should watch how you phrase things it leaves you in the swines quarters in more ways then one...

Not what that says, you have a reading comprehension issue and you see Jesus in everything even in fruit loops.
You said that was a problem, using your own words.
Notice you always reveal it to yourself if you'd just read what you say and mirror reflect it back, maybe you will reach yourself.

They are liars--Jeremiah 50:36.
Are mad (lost their reason)
upon their idols--Jeremiah 50:38.
Believes they are gods--Isaiah 47:8, 10
Breaks bones of God's people--Jeremiah 50:17
Builds great image of man
for all to worship--Daniel 3:1-7.
Make Metal idols Leviticus 19:4,
1 Kings 14:9, Isaiah 48:5
Makes a graven image that they be their own witness to: Isiah44;9
Carpenter creates a wood idol: Isaiah44;13
And the residue thereof he maketh a god-Even his graven image that ;He falleth down unto it and worshippeth it. and prayeth unto it and saith Deliver me; for this art my GOD- Isiah44;17
Casts out God's people--Jeremiah 51:34
Causes God's people to be slain--Jeremiah 51:49
Completely removes all precious vessels --2 Kings 25:13-17
Connected with hell--Isaiah 14:9
Pierced dragon-Isaiah
Pierced morning star Isaiah 14:12-19
Crushes God's people-Jeremiah 51:34 Cuts down people as trees-Isaiah 14:8
Defiles sacred vessels and precious things of God's design--Daniel 5:2-4.Destroys all the earth--Jeremiah 51:25. Destroys God's heritage--Jeremiah 50:11.Devours God's people--Jeremiah 51:34.
Does evil among God's people--Jeremiah 51:24.Does not consider her possible destruction (does not lay these things to heart)--Isaiah 47:7. Does not glorify God--Daniel 5:23. Does not remember warnings given about her destruction--Isaiah 47:7.
Dwells upon many waters--Jeremiah 51:13.Employs reapers to harvest fields (sown with seeds of falsehood)--Jeremiah 50:16.Employs sowers (to spread seeds of falsehood)--Jeremiah 50:16.Fears not the Lord--2 Kings 17:25.
Full of falsehoods--Jeremiah 51:17.Full of pomp--Isaiah 14:11.Full of unclean birds--Jeremiah 50:39.Full of wild beasts--Jeremiah 50:39.Full of vanity--Jeremiah 51:18.Gentiles have not yet seen the face of G0d- Isaiah 66:19
Her men are brutish in their own knowledge--Jeremiah 51:17. Her mighty men are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57. Her princes are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.Her rulers are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.Her waves (ministers--those raised up above the level of the sea or people) do roar--Jeremiah 51:55.Her wise men are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.Highest leader becomes angry when his will is disregarded for God's will--Daniel 3:19..Highest leader makes hasty decisions--Daniel 2:15..Holds God's people captive--Jeremiah 50:33.
Her cry (glory) is found in ships(Romes army was called ships)-Isaiah 43:14.
Oppresses--Isaiah 14:4; Jeremiah 50:16, 33.Persecutes by fire all who do not bow and worship image of man--Daniel 3:6.Places relatives in high positions of leadership (nepotism)--2 Kings 24:17.Practices abundant enchantments--Isaiah 47:8, 12.Practices divination--Ezekiel 21:21.Practices sorcery--Isaiah 47:9, 12.
Practice divination, soothsayer, augur sorcerer, 11 charmer, medium, wizard, necromancer- Deut 18:10
Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree" also read Deuteronomy 21:22
they that be cursed of Him shall be cut off-(Psalm 37:22)
Gave praise and glory to another G0d and created an idol for this other -"Isaiah 42:8 we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)
They profane the name of G0d- Deut. 12:3
Given to pleasure--Isaiah 47:8.
lo ish el vichazev u-vein-adam v'yitnecham
Meaning: God is not a man, nor will he lie, nor is he mortal, nor will he relent.(Jesus was a mere man who lied and who relented).- Numbers 23:19A day in store for all the proud and lofty, for all that is exalted (and they will be humbled)," (Isaiah 2:12).
They will be shameless and arrogant, (Midrash Rabbah on Song of Songs 2:29 )
truthfulness will all but disappear. (Mishnah Sota 9:15)
Nations assemble,and peoples plot vain things;kings of the earth take their stand,and regents intrigue togetheragainst the LORD and against His anointed- Psalms 2
your own sword hath devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion.” Jeremiah 2:30
Ruining spiritual & intellectual nourishment by mucking it up to cover up from others consumption- Ezekiel 34:18
GOD ABHORS (hates for the simple) DECEITFUL men-(Psalm 5:6)
boast, of mischief done against the godly? All the day 2 you are plotting destruction. Your tongue is like a sharp razor, you worker of treachery. 3 You love evil more than good, and lying more than speaking the truth. -Psalm 52:1 -3
These false prophets who do not speak for G-d. -Ezekiel CH 13, Deut 18:20-22, Isa. 30:10, Jer. 5:30-31, 14:14, 23:16, 26, 31-32
vanity unto thee, whiles “they divine a lie unto thee”, to bring thee upon the necks of [them that are] slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity [shall have] an end.-Ezekiel 21:29

My quote button won't work, HaShev. Here is what you posted that I wanted to comment on -

Remember it's the Dew of the Night (Evening Star) not the Day (Morning Star) that flows down to the Bride.
The Hasidic discourse on the Song of Songs 5:2 by Rabbi Yitzchak Ginsburgh.
The Song of Songs CANT.5:2

"I am asleep, yet my heart is awake, the voice of my beloved beats, open to me, my sister, my companion, my dove, my perfect one, for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with droplets of Night."

my own experience - yes that is exactly how it is that visitation from the LORD is the same in Psalm 17 and exactly as I encountered Him and His voice was like the sound of mighty rushing waters. Here your Rabbi comments.........

The Rabbi's commentary:

In order for the "dew" to permeate all souls and beings, small "droplets" (concentrated drops) of "dew" must flow down the "locks" of the Groom to his bride. The property of might is called "Night'', for it -causes a contraction of light (eliminates darkness and pain by diffusing light into the world).

This Night however, is the means for conveying droplets of dew through the "locks" to the world, bringing with it the dawn of redemption - ultimate peace and freedom from all lower nights of exile.

"For my head is filled with dew" - Dew is symbolic of the gift of divine revelation that does not require arousal from below; for it comes from such a hidden and transcendent source that no effort of created beings can possibly reach.
As for the LORD visiting me in the night seasons - it was indeed at night - about the 3rd watch perhaps the 4th as the 4th begins at 3 a.m. according to the Hebrews. Dew falls heavily in the night and early morn before dawn. I have to go. I hope to talk to you again. G-d willing.

Not what that says, you have a reading comprehension issue and you see Jesus in everything even in fruit loops.
You said that was a problem, using your own words.
Notice you always reveal it to yourself if you'd just read what you say and mirror reflect it back, maybe you will reach yourself.

I'm telling you of spiritual things. You are speaking of the dead letter of the law. I am speaking of life and a real relationship with the Messiah. Do you believe that Samuel was insane when the LORD visited him in the night seasons and spoke to him - even as a child? Was Jacob insane when he wrestled with the LORD throughout the night? Do you think King David had an over active imagination and made up what he wrote in Psalm 17? I know it to be true because I have had the encounter myself. Many times. Do not mock what you have yet to comprehend or understand. Do not expect the LORD to do what you are not willing to believe for Him to do. Without faith it is impossible to please G-d. Without obedience it is impossible to sacrifice anything to G-d. He will not accept praise out of feigned lips nor will he accept any without holiness. Without holiness no one will see the LORD.

I saw your reply - HaShev - let me tell you this -

My prayers for you are most sincere. If you took it as condescending I can assure you that was not what I meant at all. G-d knows my heart. My desire is to see you encounter the LORD even as Jacob did, as King David did, I believe for it. You know, had it not been for the fact that Jacob's brother was on his way to kill Jacob he would not have been so desperate - so deeply struggling in prayer that night. Through that prayer he obtained the blessing, his name changed to Israel and G-d changed the heart of his brother so that when they met face to face the LORD had already softened his heart. The fervent prayers of a righteous man availeth much with G-d.

Goodnight.

What's the first name and last name of the one who changed Cyrus' heart to get him to do anointed (messianic)things (roles) like return the Temple and people to their land, the one Isaiah called redeemer for changing his heart?

let's see if you have paid attention, have reading skills, and a memory.

Jeremiah does not pay attention nor understand Night doesn't always mean nightime. They used symbolism that would last through people's manipulations and blotting out of names.
Just as Morning Star called Day symbolized Lucifers fall, the risen Evening Star called Night symbolised the rising Arch malakh Michael-Dan 12:1-4
This is why Daniel says in his Night Visions or weird wording in some interps: "Visions of the Night". That weird wording only makes sense if Night is a name/term for someone and notice Dan does not say dream or vision in his sleep.
This understanding is revealed 2 ways.
1) knowing Shalem= Evening Star wh8ch reoresented Michael and the legend of YeruShalem becoming Shalom is when the Night removes the Day (clearly representing Michael overturning Lucifer and the Baal worship.) Thus Night is Michael (evening star).
2) the scrolls make reference to this Night almost as many times as this person Michael, including reference to this new name given revealed in a white pebble.
Now go back and read references and see if they can have double meanings or reveal the hidden.
Genesis God made Day and Night, stuff like that.
I said many times the Holy city's name is like a cliff note to the bibles ultimate good cop bad cop story.
The name holds the purpose and Essence of life, thus path, allows us to know whats in line or opposition.
Allows us to know right or wrong, good or bad without subjective opinions. That is why the city is our focus and beacon. That and because Moshiach shares the name of his God and name therefore is in the holy city.

Muslims share this revelation & legend of YeruShalem with their Al Isra (Night Journey) to Jerusalem which brings peace.

Last edited:
No not even close. If you want to see what Judaism is about just build the temple, what are you affraid of?

I don't need to see what Judaism is about, I can read, I know a lot about Jews in the US, and in Israel. I really do not think Israel needs a temple, they have plenty of synagogues, they also need to quit burning Christian churches.

far more ----FAR FAR FAR more synagogues were burned by Christians ----in fact far FAR more. I have a wonderful idea-----a kind of research to EVEN THINGS OUT ------determine how many synagogues were burned by shit like you over the last 2000 years and burn an equal number of churches

Having to learn a ancient extinct language to become a "jewish" is such a waste, as Hebrew will never really be a language. All its good for is to read old ancient writing , living a holy life is simple really, do not murder, kill, steal or lie or commit adultery, which is quite new to Jews.

What does "Hebrew will never really be a language" mean? It is and
has been a language for more than 3000 years. Did you learn the name SIR ISAAC NEWTON in the little brothel school? He was the
greatest mathematician and scientist of the entire second millennium. ----He was so impressed with the Hebrew language that he studied and wrote in it all of his life. Penelope, you seem to have a problem with language. Is there any language in the world in which you are
proficient? Were you ever offered remediation?. Some people believe that the study of a "second language" is helpful to people
like you.

Irosie I can read history and the jewish history is not the same as what is in the OT. Hebrew will die out again, as most Jews do not even speak it , its not a language many people even want to learn, and one doesn't need to to read the OT. They are just stories, wrote by men. It doesn't matter if one reads them in Hebrew or English, we have plenty of scholars who translate them from Greek, which is really what one should learn or Arabic.

Arabic is barely a language-----it is such a garble that people from one Arabic speaking country to another cannot communicate. Hebrew is not a garble at all. A few years ago-----a man approached my hubby and recognized him ----sorta as a -----"fellow" He began to speak to him in Hebrew. My Hebrew is rudimentary----I listened. In the course of the conversation my hubby asked "where were you born"-------the man answered-----"BOMBAY" I was fascinated----here was a man brought up in BOMBAY, INDIA -----old man------who could speak to hubby (born in a very primitive shariah shit hole in the Levant) speaking EASILY and fluently with another jew -------who was raised far, far ---away------in a community not at all "in touch" for more than a thousand years. Sorry sweetums-----Hebrew was never "dead" nor was Judaism

Picture
By M, a Reform female

For most of my life I was not a religious person. My father was agnostic and my mother was Catholic. When I was growing up, my mother wanted to give me a religious education because it was the "right thing to do," according to her. As a child, I attended the services at the church and I went to catechism. My father used to tease my mother by saying that she was trying to "brainwash me" with outdated concepts. In grade school, most of my teachers were anticlerical and said that religious beliefs were simply superstition.

Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that my father and my teachers were probably right. At the same time, I was asking myself questions: The idea that God sent his only son to be killed to save us did not make any sense. Was the world a better place after Jesus was killed and resurrected? If there was a God, why did God, who was so loving, allow all the injustice to happen in the world? Why did people commit massacre in the name of religion? Was not a religion as good as another religion? When I asked these questions, my mother and the priest would respond with, "Don’t question, just have faith." As a result I stopped going to church when I was in my teens. I did see not the point in going to a place of worship if I did not agree on the religious beliefs and practices.

I went through life caring very little about God and religion. However, deep down I believed that there was supernatural force, a Master of the Universe. Science did not give me a satisfactory answer on how the world was created. My teachers talked about the Big Bang. Science could not tell what was before the Big Bang. I believed that the master of the Universe set the Big Bang into motion and the world originated from there.

A major life change happened three years ago. My husband filed for divorce after 21 years of marriage. I almost had a nervous breakdown because I was frightened. I had no marketable job skills, I had never been alone in all those years, and I depended on my husband for my well-being. With the support of my family and friends, I picked myself up, and went back to college to get a master's degree in social work. Two weeks after graduation, I found my first job as a social worker in an agency working with seniors.

My clients at the agency were elderly Russian Jewish immigrants. As a social worker, I wanted to be culturally competent. I needed to know where my clients were coming from to better understand them. I took Russian language classes at City College and I attended a three-day workshop called a "Taste of Judaism." I felt that the workshop on Judaism was not enough to satisfy my curiosity. I took another six-week course on "Intro to Judaism." At the same time, I attended the Sabbath and Torah services. I was attracted by Judaism’s emphasis on action, rather than faith and dogma. I also learned that Judaism is not only a religion but a culture.

At the end of the workshop I talked to Lisa (who runs the conversion program at Sherith Israel) about the possibility of conversion. I really appreciated that I could take my time and study Judaism in depth before committing myself. My mentor, Helen, is very supportive and patient. She invited me for Passover and Hanukah. She sat with me at the Torah services and study. I learned more by participating than reading from a book. During the Torah study, I was amazed that the participants asked questions, and they were allowed to have different points of view. In addition, Helen suggested that I volunteer for Hamotzi. I really enjoy preparing meals for the shelters. In order to better understand the prayer book, I have been taking Hebrew classes.

Looking back when I first started attending Intro to Judaism classes and conversion classes, my view of God has changed. He (or she) is not the distant entity living in the sky. I believe that God is omnipotent, omnipresent and animates all beings. Therefore everything that happens, good things as well as bad things, is God’s will. What the prophet Isaiah said makes sense, "I am the Lord, there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make weal and I create woe; I am the Lord of all these things." Now I do not try to control events anymore; I surrender to God. In life we have limited choices. Our apparent free will is conditioned by our environment, genetics, and talent. This, too, is God's will.

With Judaism I have found the values that I searched for. Judaism shows me the way to become a holy person. The way of salvation is by action rather than faith. We are in partnership with God to make the world better. I am looking forward to becoming part of the Jewish community.

PS which "priests" were discouraging intermarriage. Hint----I know one and why-------for the time he made a good point----but it was a very time limited issue. I have even worse news for you-----"priests" in jewish law-----actually do not have much of a role (in fact none at all) in creating a "marriage". The one guy who discouraged intermarriage was-----only incidentally, a priest. (I am depending on memory-----I will have to check). I have a very strong
sense that none of the three kids that are the product of my brother's erstwhile marriage to a catholic (of course we will bring them up catholic----uhm-----father) turned out to be catholic. (I have lots of brothers---it was no tragedy)

Are you saying your prophets were not Priests? There was a whole tribe set aside for Priesthood, and you have to explain EXO 13: 2 yet, please explain the deeper meaning of that verse.

Correct -----only a few of the prophets were priests. Some of the prophets were not priests------probably most. Eli-----was a priest but I do not think Samuel was (not sure) What do you mean by "deeper meaning" -----you want to quote the verse to which you allude? being a priest is an hereditary position-----it needs to be
a descendant of AARON------ The situation galvanized the discovery of the cohen Haplotype. --------which STATISTICALLY indicates a common ancestor. It is a study that you do not understand at all. You seem to believe that the presence of the cohen haplotype in any person PROVES a lineage to aaron-----<<<<not true Lots of people not descended from aaron can have that haplotype. You probably failed high school biology

so EXO 13: 2 is about child sacrifice, is it not?

you cannot copy and paste? I do not know what "exo" 13:2 is in
your idiot Nazi mistranslation

EXODUS 13:2, in your Hebrew bible. It means child sacrifice.

nope----your catechism whore lied. The consecrate the first born ---has absolutely nothing to do with child sacrifice------Jews still "DO IT"----in a ceremony related to the first born child of an "ISRAELITE"----an "Israelite" is someone not of the TRIBE OF LEVI. I am of the tribe of Levi-------thus I did not engage in that specific ceremony. Gee you are stupid

What's the first name and last name of the one who changed Cyrus' heart to get him to do anointed (messianic)things (roles) like return the Temple and people to their land, the one Isaiah called redeemer for changing his heart?

let's see if you have paid attention, have reading skills, and a memory.

From [Babylon] to Aššur and (from) Susa, Agade, Ešnunna, Zamban, Me-Turnu, Der, as far as the region of Gutium, the sacred centers on the other side of the Tigris, whose sanctuaries had been abandoned for a long time, I returned the images of the gods, who had resided there, to their places and I let them dwell in eternal abodes. I gathered all their inhabitants and returned to them their dwellings. In addition, at the command of Marduk, the great lord, I settled in their habitations, in pleasing abodes, the gods of Sumer and Akkad, whom Nabonidus, to the anger of the lord of the gods, had brought into Babylon. (lines 30-33)[6]

However, it has been argued that it must be referring to people associated to the image's cult instead of deportees.[7] Diana Edelman has pointed at the serious chronological difficulties that arise when we accept that the Jews returned during the reign of Cyrus

Authenticity of the decree[edit]

The historical nature of this decree has been challenged. Professor Lester L. Grabbe has argued that there was no decree but that there was a policy that allowed exiles to return to their homelands and rebuild their temples. He also argues that the archaeology suggests that the return was a "trickle" taking place over perhaps decades, resulting in a maximum population of perhaps 30,000

Lester Grabbe is a Israeli historian.

Picture
By M, a Reform female

For most of my life I was not a religious person. My father was agnostic and my mother was Catholic. When I was growing up, my mother wanted to give me a religious education because it was the "right thing to do," according to her. As a child, I attended the services at the church and I went to catechism. My father used to tease my mother by saying that she was trying to "brainwash me" with outdated concepts. In grade school, most of my teachers were anticlerical and said that religious beliefs were simply superstition.

Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that my father and my teachers were probably right. At the same time, I was asking myself questions: The idea that God sent his only son to be killed to save us did not make any sense. Was the world a better place after Jesus was killed and resurrected? If there was a God, why did God, who was so loving, allow all the injustice to happen in the world? Why did people commit massacre in the name of religion? Was not a religion as good as another religion? When I asked these questions, my mother and the priest would respond with, "Don’t question, just have faith." As a result I stopped going to church when I was in my teens. I did see not the point in going to a place of worship if I did not agree on the religious beliefs and practices.

I went through life caring very little about God and religion. However, deep down I believed that there was supernatural force, a Master of the Universe. Science did not give me a satisfactory answer on how the world was created. My teachers talked about the Big Bang. Science could not tell what was before the Big Bang. I believed that the master of the Universe set the Big Bang into motion and the world originated from there.

A major life change happened three years ago. My husband filed for divorce after 21 years of marriage. I almost had a nervous breakdown because I was frightened. I had no marketable job skills, I had never been alone in all those years, and I depended on my husband for my well-being. With the support of my family and friends, I picked myself up, and went back to college to get a master's degree in social work. Two weeks after graduation, I found my first job as a social worker in an agency working with seniors.

My clients at the agency were elderly Russian Jewish immigrants. As a social worker, I wanted to be culturally competent. I needed to know where my clients were coming from to better understand them. I took Russian language classes at City College and I attended a three-day workshop called a "Taste of Judaism." I felt that the workshop on Judaism was not enough to satisfy my curiosity. I took another six-week course on "Intro to Judaism." At the same time, I attended the Sabbath and Torah services. I was attracted by Judaism’s emphasis on action, rather than faith and dogma. I also learned that Judaism is not only a religion but a culture.

At the end of the workshop I talked to Lisa (who runs the conversion program at Sherith Israel) about the possibility of conversion. I really appreciated that I could take my time and study Judaism in depth before committing myself. My mentor, Helen, is very supportive and patient. She invited me for Passover and Hanukah. She sat with me at the Torah services and study. I learned more by participating than reading from a book. During the Torah study, I was amazed that the participants asked questions, and they were allowed to have different points of view. In addition, Helen suggested that I volunteer for Hamotzi. I really enjoy preparing meals for the shelters. In order to better understand the prayer book, I have been taking Hebrew classes.

Looking back when I first started attending Intro to Judaism classes and conversion classes, my view of God has changed. He (or she) is not the distant entity living in the sky. I believe that God is omnipotent, omnipresent and animates all beings. Therefore everything that happens, good things as well as bad things, is God’s will. What the prophet Isaiah said makes sense, "I am the Lord, there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make weal and I create woe; I am the Lord of all these things." Now I do not try to control events anymore; I surrender to God. In life we have limited choices. Our apparent free will is conditioned by our environment, genetics, and talent. This, too, is God's will.

With Judaism I have found the values that I searched for. Judaism shows me the way to become a holy person. The way of salvation is by action rather than faith. We are in partnership with God to make the world better. I am looking forward to becoming part of the Jewish community.

PS which "priests" were discouraging intermarriage. Hint----I know one and why-------for the time he made a good point----but it was a very time limited issue. I have even worse news for you-----"priests" in jewish law-----actually do not have much of a role (in fact none at all) in creating a "marriage". The one guy who discouraged intermarriage was-----only incidentally, a priest. (I am depending on memory-----I will have to check). I have a very strong
sense that none of the three kids that are the product of my brother's erstwhile marriage to a catholic (of course we will bring them up catholic----uhm-----father) turned out to be catholic. (I have lots of brothers---it was no tragedy)

Are you saying your prophets were not Priests? There was a whole tribe set aside for Priesthood, and you have to explain EXO 13: 2 yet, please explain the deeper meaning of that verse.

Correct -----only a few of the prophets were priests. Some of the prophets were not priests------probably most. Eli-----was a priest but I do not think Samuel was (not sure) What do you mean by "deeper meaning" -----you want to quote the verse to which you allude? being a priest is an hereditary position-----it needs to be
a descendant of AARON------ The situation galvanized the discovery of the cohen Haplotype. --------which STATISTICALLY indicates a common ancestor. It is a study that you do not understand at all. You seem to believe that the presence of the cohen haplotype in any person PROVES a lineage to aaron-----<<<<not true Lots of people not descended from aaron can have that haplotype. You probably failed high school biology

Samuel was a Levite priest who wore the ephod and he was also a prophet, Rosie.

It is written:
And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?
1 Samuel 2:28

Some people are confused about it because it was written he descended from an ancestry described as an Ephraimite. Note the lineage of Samuel here from his father, Elkenah.

1 Samuel 1King James Version (KJV)
1 Now there was a certain man of Ramathaimzophim, of mount Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephrathite:

2 And he had two wives; the name of the one was Hannah, and the name of the other Peninnah: and Peninnah had children, but Hannah had no children.

3 And this man went up out of his city yearly to worship and to sacrifice unto the Lord of hosts in Shiloh. And the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, the priests of the Lord, were there.

4 And when the time was that Elkanah offered, he gave to Peninnah his wife, and to all her sons and her daughters, portions:

5 But unto Hannah he gave a worthy portion; for he loved Hannah: but the Lord had shut up her womb.

6 And her adversary also provoked her sore, for to make her fret, because the Lord had shut up her womb.

7 And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the Lord, so she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat.

8 Then said Elkanah her husband to her, Hannah, why weepest thou? and why eatest thou not? and why is thy heart grieved? am not I better to thee than ten sons?

9 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the Lord.

10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the Lord, and wept sore.

11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O Lord of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the Lord all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.

12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli marked her mouth.

13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

14 And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.

15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord.

16 Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto.

17 Then Eli answered and said, Go in peace: and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of him.

18 And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight. So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad.

19 And they rose up in the morning early, and worshipped before the Lord, and returned, and came to their house to Ramah: and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the Lordremembered her.

20 Wherefore it came to pass, when the time was come about after Hannah had conceived, that she bare a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, Because I have asked him of the Lord.

21 And the man Elkanah, and all his house, went up to offer unto the Lord the yearly sacrifice, and his vow.

22 But Hannah went not up; for she said unto her husband, I will not go up until the child be weaned, and then I will bring him, that he may appear before the Lord, and there abide for ever.

See 1 Samuel 1:1 and we know that Samuel was acting as the priest in that Saul was supposed to wait upon him for the sacrifice to God (but he did not wait). That's in 1 Samuel 13:9,10. See below:

1 Samuel 13:9-14 King James Version (KJV)
9 And Saul said, Bring hither a burnt offering to me, and peace offerings. And he offered the burnt offering.

10 And it came to pass, that as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, behold, Samuel came; and Saul went out to meet him, that he might salute him.

11 And Samuel said, What hast thou done? And Saul said, Because I saw that the people were scattered from me, and that thou camest not within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered themselves together at Michmash;

12 Therefore said I, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made supplication unto the Lord: I forced myself therefore, and offered a burnt offering.

13 And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the Lord thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the Lordhave established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever.

14 But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the Lord hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the Lord hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the Lord commanded thee.

King James Version (KJV)
I am was the angel of the Lord and your NT and faith says Jesus isn't an angel even calling him lower then angels in Theslonians.
Everytime you can't answer to or refute something ypu place Jesus into thinfs like you said yourself is an insane thing to do (your own words).

Listen to me, HaShev. God's ways are higher than your ways or my ways. He is God. We have a finite mind trying to comprehend an infinite God - it is God who reveals Himself to each of us - but it is not His Will to hide this truth from you that Jesus Christ is the Messiah. In John 7:17 we see clearly that Jesus tells us if any man shall will to do the will of God he shall know the truth. What does this mean? Simple.

If you tell G-d, you are willing to do the will of G-d once you know it - that you are willing to receive Jesus Christ as your Messiah if G-d reveals to you He is the One - that you will follow Him all the days of your life and serve Him - you shall know the truth. If you only want to discuss things to argue about them - G-d will not reveal anything to you because when a person does that he is stuck in pride and we know that G-d resists the proud but giveth grace unto the humble. He will draw near to you if you draw near to Him. Are you willing?

Here is what I see - you are like a lawyer - looking for your answer before you even hear the explanation - you are not listening - you are searching for your response - your comeback - but you need to be still and listen. You need to be still and know He is God. Not you. He is G-d. Let G-d be G-d and you humble yourself like a little child and wait upon Him and He will come to you. I know He will.

I am praying for you that the LORD reveals Himself to you. If you desire the praise of G-d over the praise of men? If you are willing to be shunned by the religious people who reject Jesus as Messiah once you know He is the Messiah? He will be pleased with you and reveal Himself to you. You need only have a willing heart, HaShev. That is all it is. A heart willing to follow the LORD all the days of your life. King David knew this walk with the LORD, he knew the delight of knowing G-d, of having His Spirit - he cried to the LORD, take not thy Spirit from me! What was King David speaking of? The precious Holy Spirit of God. He said, Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet. Who is Thy Word O God? It is thy Son - Jesus Christ.
oh I found it--------13: 2 the redemption of the first born ------each of the kids ----FIRST BORN of an Israelite (not a levi or a cohen) ---must be presented at the temple---------that child can be devoted to the temple or redeemed -----at the price of something like a half shekel (which was trivial) ----it has nothing to do with sacrifice. I am of the tribe of levi ----so my first born was exempt----ALSO he was born by C-section----another reason to exempt him----I did not go thru the ceremony of redemption at the cost of something like 50 cents. You have another question IDIOT?. It's a ceremony not quite as idiotic as splashing holy water on the kid's head. Samuel was a prophet. very important His mom---??PENNINNA ----devoted him to ELI the priest. Samuel grew up to be a very important PROPHET (clearly he was not of the tribe of Levi but ELI was ----like me) Samuel is featured in a beautiful
RENAISSANCE painting------accusing DAVID-------very dramatic.
Are you not impressed? you are not even sure who your grandfather was
Exodus 13:2New King James Version (NKJV)

2 “Consecrate to Me all the firstborn, whatever opens the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and beast; it is Mine.”

Dont' be making things up, its firstborn sacrifice of anything that first opens the womb, except for levi. who are needed to carry out the sacrifices.

Your the tribe of levi, ok, lets have a list of your papers , because there is no way you can know that, as even the Priests and the Levis intermarried, you are probably a Canaanite and Amorite mixture, maybe even a little Sumerian, or Ethiopian, who can even trace their linage back that far.

the levi lineage is patrilineal. amongst jews the father of the child is almost always KNOWN--------in fact even before DNA studies were available----there were studies involving surface antigens that demonstrated that fact. The KNOWN levi line was the factor that instigated the COHEN HAPLOTYPE studies

Having to learn a ancient extinct language to become a "jewish" is such a waste, as Hebrew will never really be a language. All its good for is to read old ancient writing , living a holy life is simple really, do not murder, kill, steal or lie or commit adultery, which is quite new to Jews.

has been a language for more than 3000 years. Did you learn the name SIR ISAAC NEWTON in the little brothel school? He was the
greatest mathematician and scientist of the entire second millennium. ----He was so impressed with the Hebrew language that he studied and wrote in it all of his life. Penelope, you seem to have a problem with language. Is there any language in the world in which you are
proficient? Were you ever offered remediation?. Some people believe that the study of a "second language" is helpful to people
like you.

Irosie I can read history and the jewish history is not the same as what is in the OT. Hebrew will die out again, as most Jews do not even speak it , its not a language many people even want to learn, and one doesn't need to to read the OT. They are just stories, wrote by men. It doesn't matter if one reads them in Hebrew or English, we have plenty of scholars who translate them from Greek, which is really what one should learn or Arabic.

Arabic is barely a language-----it is such a garble that people from one Arabic speaking country to another cannot communicate. Hebrew is not a garble at all. A few years ago-----a man approached my hubby and recognized him ----sorta as a -----"fellow" He began to speak to him in Hebrew. My Hebrew is rudimentary----I listened. In the course of the conversation my hubby asked "where were you born"-------the man answered-----"BOMBAY" I was fascinated----here was a man brought up in BOMBAY, INDIA -----old man------who could speak to hubby (born in a very primitive shariah shit hole in the Levant) speaking EASILY and fluently with another jew -------who was raised far, far ---away------in a community not at all "in touch" for more than a thousand years. Sorry sweetums-----Hebrew was never "dead" nor was Judaism

Google on wiki
Spoken in ancient times, Hebrew, a Canaanite language, was supplanted as the Jewish vernacular by the western dialect of Aramaic beginning in the 3rd century BCE, though it continued to be used as a liturgical and literary language. It was revived as a spoken language in the 19th and 20th centuries and is one of the two official languages of Israel (along with Modern Standard Arabic).

so EXO 13: 2 is about child sacrifice, is it not?

you cannot copy and paste? I do not know what "exo" 13:2 is in
your idiot Nazi mistranslation

EXODUS 13:2, in your Hebrew bible. It means child sacrifice.

nope----your catechism whore lied. The consecrate the first born ---has absolutely nothing to do with child sacrifice------Jews still "DO IT"----in a ceremony related to the first born child of an "ISRAELITE"----an "Israelite" is someone not of the TRIBE OF LEVI. I am of the tribe of Levi-------thus I did not engage in that specific ceremony. Gee you are stupid

I say it does, and my catechism never discussed it, its obviously what it says, to say it means something different is ludicrous.

like you.

Google on wiki
Spoken in ancient times, Hebrew, a Canaanite language, was supplanted as the Jewish vernacular by the western dialect of Aramaic beginning in the 3rd century BCE, though it continued to be used as a liturgical and literary language. It was revived as a spoken language in the 19th and 20th centuries and is one of the two official languages of Israel (along with Modern Standard Arabic).

so? what is your point? Aramaic was "common vernacular" ----Hebrew did not disappear--------all true. Jesus knew Hebrew according to the writings of the NEW TESTAMENT. The Hebrew Jesus knew is the same Hebrew I know (He probably knew it a lot better than do I) Were Jesus to pop out of the clouds tomorrow----I could have a simple conversation with him (I know NO ARAMAIC) ----he would not understand a single word of the gutter garble that you speak

Penelooe that did not answer my question and had nothing to do with the topic.
It did however bring up the topic of Christian plagiarism.
Maybe you missed my post on the Marduk Tablets?

Baal passion play
"Christianity Before Christ" by John G. Jackson, 1985,
pp. 43-46.
(A) Arthur Findlay's report of the translation by a
Professor H. Zimmern, in German, of an ancient tablet
which Jackson reports (citing Findlay) as Babylonian
dating back to circa 2000 BC now in the British
Museum in which the Babylonian myth of Bel (Baal in
Hebrew) is described in a passion play in which:
(1) Bel is taken prisoner;
(2) Bel is tried in a great hall;
(3) Bel is smitten;
(4) Bel is led away to the Mount (a sacred grove on a
hilltop);
(5) with Bel are taken two malefactors, one of whom is
released;
(6) After Bel has gone to the Mount and is executed,
the city breaks into tumult;
(7) Bel's clothes are carried away;
(8.) Bel goes down into the Mount and disappears from
life;
(9) weeping women seek Bel at the Tomb;
(10) Bel is brought back to life.
"10/12/01: Update: The report by Jackson and the chart
shown above has flaws which are addressed in the
following report. The tablet referenced by Jackson,
Findlay, and Goodman, does in fact exist, but according
to Christopher Walker of The British Museum it is
Assyrian, not Babylonian, was discovered in the town of
Nineveh in Assyria, and dates from 700 B.C., not 2000
B.C., as reported by John Jackson citing Arthur
Findlay.
The following report is based upon a photocopy
provided to me by Christopher Walker of The British
Museum of a translation of the Bel Myth Tablet by S.
Langdon, published in 1923.
The Bel myth parallels to the Jesus myth are
nevertheless present in the Langdon translation, clearly
indicating that regardless of the discovery of the tablet
in Nineveh in Assyria, not in Babylonia, and its dating
as 700 B.C. and not 2000 B.C. The Bel myth does in
fact have mythical elements including death and
resurrection which parallel the Jesus myth and thus are
forerunners of mythical elements in the Jesus myth.
From a stone tablet discovered in Nineveh, Assyria, and
dated 700 B.C., now housed in The British Museum,
and referred to by British Museum officials as the
Marduk's Ordeal tablet (thanks to British Museum
official Christopher Walker for this information and
photocopies of translations by S. Langdon and S. A.
Pallis of the Marduk's Ordeal tablet), and by me as The
Assyrian Bel Myth Tablet, we get a version of the
Assyrian Babylonian Bel (Bel-Marduk or Marduk-Bel)
myth in which the god Bel is arrested, tried, judged,
scourged, executed, and resurrected and thus are
similar to the mythical elements of the last days of the
life of Jesus found in the Jesus myth.
Critics should remember that the mythical elements of
the Bel-Marduk myth are literally carved in stone on
Marduk's Ordeal tablet/Assyrian Bel Myth Tablet which
stands as an original source of mythical elements of the
Bel-Marduk myth."
http://www.bobkwebsite.com/belmythvjesusmyth.html

Forum List

Back