Zone1 The Christmas tree is not an idol.

Jeremiah says not to bring them into your house but I know you have some cryptic nonsense saying that's not what Jeremiah meant.
A common misconception. Jeremiah was talking about actual idols. And what he described is nothing like a decorated evergreen tree. No 'nonsense', just carefully read the passage.

A common misconception. Jeremiah was talking about actual idols. And what he described is nothing like a decorated evergreen tree.
Nope; Jeremiah was talking about the fact that God continuously states that man needs to worship nature rather than worship God.
Just look at the explosion of atheism.

Jeremiah says not to bring them into your house but I know you have some cryptic nonsense saying that's not what Jeremiah meant.

I throw them in a lake after Christmas, with soft cheesecloth sacks of dogfood and fermented cottonseeds tied to some of the branches.
They attract and provide cover for baitfish ... That then draws in the white perch, that in my opinion is best tasting freshwater fish in North America.

I throw them in a lake after Christmas, with soft cheesecloth sacks of dogfood and fermented cottonseeds tied to some of the branches.
They attract and provide cover for baitfish ... That then draws in the white perch, that in my opinion is best tasting freshwater fish in North America.

We set them out for the city to pick up, grind up, and compost.

When we were kids, we'd collect them and have big bonfire out on the ice (and no, we didn't skate naked around the fire).

Christianity is declining but Christmas is still celebrated widely, therefore...

The hypocrites, evangelicals and futurists are the cause of the decline. You even have militant Catholic futurists these days and too many self righteous pricks pushing theocracy.

It actually represents the "tree of life". The globular ornaments represent the 12 different fruits found thereon.

Revelation 22
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: ...
Nope....it's pagan.

We set them out for the city to pick up, grind up, and compost.

When we were kids, we'd collect them and have big bonfire out on the ice (and no, we didn't skate naked around the fire).

I have wrapped them in lights, decorated them ...
Then hung them from the ceiling upside down in a huge banquet hall as chandeliers ... :auiqs.jpg:

I do this all year
I'm surrounded by trees, and
Winter is here!.JPG
I keep the feeder filled for my feathered friends.

Forum List

Back