The Church And The Origins Of Western Civilization

Each day you seem bent on proving that you have never been exposed even to the most rudimentary of educations.

The iteration to which you subscribe, totalitarism, big centralized government, slaughtered over 100 million human beings.

Slaughter to any degree is evil....but let's compare numbers:

1. "Before the Russian Revolution, the number of execution by the czarist government came to seventeen (17) per year, according to Solzhenitsyn. He pointed out that, in comparison, the Spanish Inquisition, at its height, destroyed 10 people per month.

a. But, during the revolutionary years 1918-1919, Lenin's Cheka executed, without trial, more than one thousand (1,000) people a month.
At the height of Stalin's terror, 1937-1938, tens of thousands of people were shot per month."
Solzhenitsyn, "Warning To The West."

Full text of Solzhenitsyn The Voice of Freedom

I don't think fetuses are persons.

Do you think a 20 year old man is a person?

Yes, unless he 's medically brain dead. He has a developed personality, is conscious, is self-aware, is an independent life form.

How about a baby that was just born ten minutes ago? Is that a person?

It isn't as simple as you'd like to make it seem:

Chances for Survival

Viability is an important factor that should be considered when contemplating an abortion. Late term abortions should only be legal in extreme cases such as rape, incest, the life of the mother, and any factors for the quality of the life of the child (genetic diseases, malformations, etc.) under the advice or recommendations of a medical doctor.

but why not use the embryos from abortion procedures?

Why don't we harvest the organs from prisoners on death row? Guess what happens in countries where they do?

You mean Pakistan, China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea?

What other countries have official capital punishment?

Having trouble with questions today? Why don't we harvest the organs from prisoners on death row? Guess what happens in countries where they do?

I did answer, but I guess you need me to elaborate: the only other countries with state sanctioned executions are brutal theocracies or regimes. Apples to oranges.

You did not answer, but if you insist on ducking the second part just answer this: Why don't we harvest the organs from prisoners on death row?

Yes, unless he 's medically brain dead. He has a developed personality, is conscious, is self-aware, is an independent life form.

Sure it is. It's a simple yes or no question. Now stop ducking and answer.

but why not use the embryos from abortion procedures?

Why don't we harvest the organs from prisoners on death row? Guess what happens in countries where they do?

Having trouble with questions today? Why don't we harvest the organs from prisoners on death row? Guess what happens in countries where they do?

I did answer, but I guess you need me to elaborate: the only other countries with state sanctioned executions are brutal theocracies or regimes. Apples to oranges.

You did not answer, but if you insist on ducking the second part just answer this: Why don't we harvest the organs from prisoners on death row?

I don't know, Unkotare, why don't you tell me...

Yes. Now make your point.

Life. The fetus, until at a certain stage of development, but is simply a bundle of cells. The cells are alive, but the fetus is not a person....

So you are in favor of ending human life for mere convenience?

You'd like to think so, but as I've repeatedly posted a fetus is not a human.

I wouldn't "like" to think one way or another. I was asking you. Are you in favor of ending human life for mere convenience? Yes or no?

Why are you so afraid of answering simple questions? Oh, I see...

Point is you are contradicting yourself already. A baby born ten minutes ago doesn't have "a developed personality" and cannot survive "independently." Of course the same could be said of that 20 year-old man, but leaving that aside...

You would like to corner me into some position that shows, irrefutably, that I am immoral or amoral so that you could claim the moral high ground. It is useless. I am neither immoral nor amoral.

But good job on persuading me to see the error of my ways.

I honestly don't know what other countries which allow organ harvesting from executed prisoners do, but let me guess: they kill innocent people to harvest their organs? Am I right?

Like I said, comparison to western medical ethics is like apples to oranges.

Point is you are contradicting yourself already. A baby born ten minutes ago doesn't have "a developed personality" and cannot survive "independently." Of course the same could be said of that 20 year-old man, but leaving that aside...

Okay, so let's get real nitpicky about semantics...

Good point. I'm totally against women's reproductive choices now. Yep. You're right: absolutism is so much easier.

You would like to corner me into some position that shows, irrefutably, that I am immoral or amoral so that you could claim the moral high ground. ...

No one is forcing you to hold any position. That's entirely up to you.

Why don't we harvest the organs from prisoners on death row?

You would like to corner me into some position that shows, irrefutably, that I am immoral or amoral so that you could claim the moral high ground. ...

Because it is against the law? Because of a slippery slope fallacy? I don't know, Unkotare, but I can tell you're dying to tell me (no pun intended).

Because it is against the law? Because of a slippery slope fallacy? I don't know, Unkotare, but I can tell you're dying to tell me (no pun intended).

You don't know? Well, do you think it should be against the law?

You don't know? Well, do you think it should be against the law?

I don't know. I don't know enough about the subject to have a well-formed opinion. On the surface I think it seems fine, but there are potential abuses to be considered.

Forum List

Back