The Civil War

Of course, this shit all comes from someone who doesn't understand why an appeal to authority is a fallacy when it comes to matters of absolute truth.

You have been trying to sell that pathetically transparent straw man for dozens of pages. It's not working, stupid.
How is it a "straw man" when you site William P. Chase as an authority ...?

A Supreme Court justice is an authority on constitutional law, stupid.

The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court writing for the majority in a given case is an authority on that case, stupid.

You appear to be an authority on absolutely nothing.
"By authority" you mean ......

Don't try to tell me what I mean, you dishonest douche bag. If you have a relevant question on the topic, ask it.

Of course, this shit all comes from someone who doesn't understand why an appeal to authority is a fallacy when it comes to matters of absolute truth.

You have been trying to sell that pathetically transparent straw man for dozens of pages. It's not working, stupid.

The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court writing for the majority in a given case is an authority on that case, stupid.

Don't try to tell me what I mean, you dishonest douche bag. If you have a relevant question on the topic, ask it.
It's obvious what you mean from your context. If you don't mean that Chase is infallible, then why should anyone accept his opinion as the final word on an issue?

.... If he can be wrong, then your whole argument goes out the window. ......

Have you ever taken a course in basic logic? Ever?
I certainly have, dumbass. I have also read many books on the subject.

Based on the embarrassing little show you've put on here, that is very, very hard to believe. In fact, I'll go so far as to say I am quite sure you're lying - again.
Says the forum buffoon.

... Since he doesn't even have a law degree, how do we know he's an "authority?"

His training, experience, and long career in the law has been pointed out to you many times, stupid.
How about every geologist in 1950? Did their training, experience, and long career in geology make them "valid authorities" on continental drift?

What did I tell you about red herrings, you idiot?
You told me you're an imbecile who believes there's such a thing as a valid appeal to authority.

One more time: Do you want to know what it really means, or do you want to keep playing the ignorant clown?

Why do you feel the need to edit what I posted? You can't bare for other forum members to see it because it's obviously right?

... Since he doesn't even have a law degree, how do we know he's an "authority?"

His training, experience, and long career in the law has been pointed out to you many times, stupid.
How about every geologist in 1950? Did their training, experience, and long career in geology make them "valid authorities" on continental drift?

You told me you're an imbecile who believes there's such a thing as a valid appeal to authority.

One more time: Do you want to know what it really means, or do you want to keep playing the ignorant clown?
I already know what it means. I'm not the one who keeps weaseling.

Now answer this question: How about every geologist in 1950? Did their training, experience, and long career in geology make them "valid authorities" on continental drift?

Here's a suggestion: "Was the Constitution approved in the manner set forth in the original document that formed the Perpetual Union?"
If so, the more perfect Perpetual Union was continued. If not, the the original Perpetual Union is still in force. That's logical, isn't it?

It's obvious what you mean from your context. .......

In your little imagination. In order to avoid making more of a fool of yourself, ask if you want to know what I mean.

I already know what it means. .....

You very clearly don't. Would you like to learn what it means?

Last edited:

Here's a suggestion: "Was the Constitution approved in the manner set forth in the original document that formed the Perpetual Union?"
If so, the more perfect Perpetual Union was continued. If not, the the original Perpetual Union is still in force. That's logical, isn't it?
The articles of Confederation were thrown into the waste bin. Do you really believe they are still in force? Do you believe this clause is still in force?

No State shall be represented in Congress byless than two, nor by more than seven members;and no person shall be capable of being a dele-gate for more than three years in any term ofsix years; nor shall any person, being a delegate,be capable of holding any office under theUnited States, for which he, or another for hisbenefit receives any salary, fees or emolumentof any kind.
or this:

ARTICLEX. The committee of the States, or any nine of them, shall be authorized to execute,in the recess of Congress, such of the powers ofCongress as the United States in Congress assembled, by the consent of nine States, shall from time to time think expedient to vest themwith; provided that no power be delegated to the said committee, for the exercise of which, by the articles of confederation, the voice of nineStates in the Congress of the United States as-sembled is requisite

In your little imagination. In order to avoid making more of a fool of yourself, ask if you want to know what I mean.
I already know what you mean, moron.

You told me to ask questions, and then you weaseled out of answering them

Who do you think you're fooling?

I already know what you mean, moron.

Clearly you don't, or I would not have to correct you so often.

I already know what it means. .....

You very clearly don't. Would you like to learn what it means?

Forum List

Back