The Coming "Liberal" Reformation

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
It's blowin' in the wind.

1. What is generally called 'Liberalism' today, is at the precipice, it would be hard to imagine it going any lower than the recent Berkeley Riots in opposition to free speech.
There have been many mainstream essays on the dramatic Democrat loss in this recent election, and how they are blindly reaching for some direction.

We have that direction in this OP.....

2. Recently, one of our members posted a far more welcoming statement than I would have penned...

"I almost hope that such morons become the norm among Democrats, but honestly, we need the Democrats to shed the embiciles and return to their traditional role of advocating as a LOYAL opposition party, not the seditious thugs they are now." Dem Congresswoman Calls UC Berkeley Riots A “Beautiful Sight”
jim bowie1958

3. Recovering Liberal, Dave Rubin, made a video called "Why I Left The Left," and it provides a roadmap back to reality for our wayward brothers and sisters, the Democrat supporters.

4. Who do Liberals think they are?

"Do you believe in free speech?

Do you believe that people should be judged by their character, not their skin color?

Do you believe in freedom of religion?

If you believe these things, you’re probably not a progressive. You might think you’re a progressive. I used to think I was. My show, “The Rubin Report” was originally part of the progressive “The Young Turks” network.

Progressives struck me as liberals but louder. Progressives were the nice guys; they looked out for the little guy; they cared about women and minorities; they embraced change.

Who wouldn’t want to be a progressive?"

Well...that's who self-described Liberals/Progressives would like to imagine they are.....but they're not.

Coming up.....what they've become.....and it isn't pretty.

It's blowin' in the wind.

1. What is generally called 'Liberalism' today, is at the precipice, it would be hard to imagine it going any lower than the recent Berkeley Riots in opposition to free speech.
There have been many mainstream essays on the dramatic Democrat loss in this recent election, and how they are blindly reaching for some direction.

We have that direction in this OP.....

2. Recently, one of our members posted a far more welcoming statement than I would have penned...

"I almost hope that such morons become the norm among Democrats, but honestly, we need the Democrats to shed the embiciles and return to their traditional role of advocating as a LOYAL opposition party, not the seditious thugs they are now." Dem Congresswoman Calls UC Berkeley Riots A “Beautiful Sight”
jim bowie1958

3. Recovering Liberal, Dave Rubin, made a video called "Why I Left The Left," and it provides a roadmap back to reality for our wayward brothers and sisters, the Democrat supporters.

4. Who do Liberals think they are?

"Do you believe in free speech?

Do you believe that people should be judged by their character, not their skin color?

Do you believe in freedom of religion?

If you believe these things, you’re probably not a progressive. You might think you’re a progressive. I used to think I was. My show, “The Rubin Report” was originally part of the progressive “The Young Turks” network.

Progressives struck me as liberals but louder. Progressives were the nice guys; they looked out for the little guy; they cared about women and minorities; they embraced change.

Who wouldn’t want to be a progressive?"

Well...that's who self-described Liberals/Progressives would like to imagine they are.....but they're not.

Coming up.....what they've become.....and it isn't pretty.

With liberalism and their push for Anarchy, "The Chickens are coming home to roost"...

Arrest this fallacy train right there, because this is a blatantly false premise and you know it. There is no kind of "opposition to free speech", anywhere, that is "Liberal". Just as there is no type of liquid H2O that is "dry". It's impossible.

The longer you continue to traffic in these freakishly transparent false premises and keep trotting out the same old canard expecting different results, the deeper you dig yourself.

:dig:

And no, hiding behind "what's generally called Liberalism" (translaltion: "other morons are misusing the term the same way, therefore I can too") in no way gets you off that hook.

There is no kind of "opposition to free speech", anywhere, that is "Liberal". Just as there is no type of liquid H2O that is "dry". It's impossible.
That's correct.

And the people who have taken over the Democratic Party are not liberal. They are illiberal. They are clearly against any speech with which they disagree, and they go out of their way to prove it on a regular basis.

There is no kind of "opposition to free speech", anywhere, that is "Liberal". Just as there is no type of liquid H2O that is "dry". It's impossible.
That's correct.

And the people who have taken over the Democratic Party are not liberal. They are illiberal. They are clearly against any speech with which they disagree, and they go out of their way to prove it on a regular basis.

Possibly so. But the point isn't about political parties; it's about the nature of "Liberal".

The intellectually growth-stunted such as the OP love to toss "Liberal", ''left" and "Democrat" all into the same bag because they can't handle the distinctions of three different things. But that's on them.

That's correct.

Possibly so. But the point isn't about political parties; it's about the nature of "Liberal".

The intellectually growth-stunted such as the OP love to toss "Liberal", ''left" and "Democrat" all into the same bag because they can't handle the distinctions of three different things. But that's on them.

"There is no kind of "opposition to free speech", anywhere, that is "Liberal"."

Here it is...

Everyone recognizes you as a liar.

5. What have Liberals/Progressives degenerated into?

"...over the last couple years, the meaning of the word “progressive” has changed.

Progressives used to say, “I may disagree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it.” Not anymore.

Banning speakers whose opinions you don’t agree with from college campuses – that’s not progressive.

Prohibiting any words not approved of as “politically correct” that’s not progressive.

Putting “Trigger Warnings” on books, movies, music, anything that might offend people – that’s not progressive either.

All of this has led me to be believe that much of the Left is no longer progressive, but regressive. This is one of the reasons I’ve spent so much time on my show talking about The Regressive Left. " Dave Rubin, "Why I Left The Left"

You Liberals may feel the need to circle the wagons, defend your 'team,' but in your heart you know Rubin is correct.

One party down, one to go.

funny...the democrats got almost 3 million more votes than the orange sociopath

Only if we count illegal alien votes.

We don't.

IMG_0195.JPG

We don't.
we're all still looking for even a scintilla of evidence that 3-6 million illegals voted but you keep repeating this lie over and over and over.
And no Infowars with Alex Jones doesn't count because that's where the Doofus in Chief got his lie.

We don't.

View attachment 112508

We don't.
we're all still looking for even a scintilla of evidence that 3-6 million illegals voted but you keep repeating this lie over and over and over.
And no Infowars with Alex Jones doesn't count because that's where the Doofus in Chief got his lie.

they don't need any evidence, the orange one sent the word from on high.

bunch of loons.

We don't.

View attachment 112508

We don't.

Simple enough to prove you don't really believe that illegals weren't the difference....here's a question you won't answer:

Pop-Quiz!

Now....first the reading comprehension part of the test:

"12 States (and DC) That Allow Driver's Licenses for People in the Country Illegally" 12 States (and DC) That Allow Driver's Licenses for People in the Country Illegally - Illegal Immigration - ProCon.org

"If you’ve visited the DMV in the last few weeks, you may have noticed that you can now complete your voter registration at the same time you renew your driver’s license — without having to fill out a separate form.... they will be registered as having no party preference. " Registered to vote at the DMV? Check again. Many who use the new process miss a vital step two

Ready?

How many of the 12 states plus DC that allow illegals to get drivers licenses, and have voter registration in the same place (what a coincidence!) did Bill's wife win???

C'mon....guess.

We don't.

View attachment 112508

We don't.

Simple enough to prove you don't really believe that illegals weren't the difference....here's a question you won't answer:

Pop-Quiz!

"12 States (and DC) That Allow Driver's Licenses for People in the Country Illegally" 12 States (and DC) That Allow Driver's Licenses for People in the Country Illegally - Illegal Immigration - ProCon.org

"If you’ve visited the DMV in the last few weeks, you may have noticed that you can now complete your voter registration at the same time you renew your driver’s license — without having to fill out a separate form.... they will be registered as having no party preference. " Registered to vote at the DMV? Check again. Many who use the new process miss a vital step two

Ready?

How many of the 12 states plus DC that allow illegals to get drivers licenses, and have voter registration in the same place (what a coincidence!) did Bill's wife win???

C'mon....guess.

No data?

We don't.

you keep repeating the insane BS propaganda of the orange sociopath.... it becomes you

You Leftists are REALLY sensitive about this....

Pop-Quiz!

Ready?

C'mon....guess.

Forum List

Back