The Complete Failure to Articulate Exactly why Benghazi is a Scandal Proves it is not

I asked posters commenting on another thread to articulate what exactly is scandalous about the incident at Benghazi.

I got nothing in response but hysterical falsehoods that have already been debunked and a guy who claimed he could and called me a ****, yet failed to articulate the scandal.

I'm putting this challenge out there to a wider audience to see if I can find anyone who can explain how the events of that day were somehow scandalous.

The complete failure to understand exactly why Benghazi is a scandel proves what a clueless moron you are. See how that works. :eusa_whistle:

Scandal - a disgraceful or discreditable action.

What they did -
1. Lied to the American People
2. Blamed it on a video that they knew full well was not.
3. Did not pull them out of there, like the British and Red Cross did.
4. Refused to give them more protection when they asked for it repeatedly.
5. They continually are covering up what really happened.

The above are FACTS!

1. Lying is not a scandal. All politicians lie. If lying was a scandal, all politicains would be involved in scandal.

2. So. How is mistakenly blaming it on a video a scandal?

3. They didn't have time to pull them out of there. This has already been established as a FACT.

4. Republicans in Congress voted against funding increased security at embassies. Still not something anyone would call a scandal.

5. Completely unfounded falsehood.

Stating opinions and excuses is not debunking. You have to do better than this if you are going to prove the facts wrong.

$benghazi.JPG

Every time I flip over to his show, I shake my head and become more convinced that Maher "still don't know" much about anything.

I just thought his exasperation in the end was telling - "I'm bored with it, let's move on." I guess it gets boring seeing your views proven wrong by people smarter than you. (Though I wouldn't know, personally ;))

I can't stream video on the company network, so I can't watch. I was just speaking in general about the smarmiest, arrogant sleazebag in the world.....Maher. Yes, he is convinced that he has all the answers. Yes, he gets bored and moves on when he gets his ass handed to him.

FactCheck put together a no brainer time line. The analysis at the link but here's some key points.

What follows is a timeline of events that we hope will help put the incident into perspective. We call attention in particular to these key facts:

There were no protesters at the Benghazi consulate prior to the attack, even though Obama and others repeatedly said the attackers joined an angry mob that had formed in opposition to the anti-Muslim film that had triggered protests in Egypt and elsewhere.

The State Department disclosed this fact Oct. 9 — nearly a month after the attack.

Libya President Mohamed Magariaf insisted on Sept. 16 — five days after the attack — that it was a planned terrorist attack, but administration officials continued for days later to say there was no evidence of a planned attack.

Magariaf also said the idea that the attack was a “spontaneous protest that just spun out of control is completely unfounded and preposterous.”

This, too, was on Sept. 16. Yet, Obama and others continued to describe the incident in exactly those terms — including during the president’s Sept. 18 appearance on the “Late Show With David Letterman.”

Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, was the first administration official to call it “a terrorist attack” during a Sept. 19 congressional hearing. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did the same on Sept. 20.

Even so, Obama declined opportunities to call it a terrorist attack when asked at a town hall meeting on Sept. 20 and during a taping of “The View” on Sept. 24.

Benghazi Timeline | FactCheck.org

Here's a youtube video of Obama calling it a terrorist attack...a day after it happened.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSEM2rYjHcI]Did Obama label the Libya attack as an act of terror? - YouTube[/ame]
Try again, Sherlock. He did not call the Benghazi incident a terrorist attack. He called in an attack. In a separate sentence he said, "No act of terror will ever...blah blah blah."

You fail for the above reason AND in light of the FACT that the White House proclaimed the cause FOR SEVERAL WEEKS AFTER THAT was violent demonstrations prompted by a video that insulted Islam.

No cigar for you!

I asked posters commenting on another thread to articulate what exactly is scandalous about the incident at Benghazi.

I got nothing in response but hysterical falsehoods that have already been debunked and a guy who claimed he could and called me a ****, yet failed to articulate the scandal.

I'm putting this challenge out there to a wider audience to see if I can find anyone who can explain how the events of that day were somehow scandalous.

The complete failure to understand exactly why Benghazi is a scandel proves what a clueless moron you are. See how that works. :eusa_whistle:

Your complete failure to spell s c a n d a l correctly proves you don't know what the word means.

Scandal - a disgraceful or discreditable action.

What they did -
1. Lied to the American People
2. Blamed it on a video that they knew full well was not.
3. Did not pull them out of there, like the British and Red Cross did.
4. Refused to give them more protection when they asked for it repeatedly.
5. They continually are covering up what really happened.

The above are FACTS!

1. Lying is not a scandal. All politicians lie. If lying was a scandal, all politicains would be involved in scandal.

2. So. How is mistakenly blaming it on a video a scandal?

3. They didn't have time to pull them out of there. This has already been established as a FACT.

4. Republicans in Congress voted against funding increased security at embassies. Still not something anyone would call a scandal.

5. Completely unfounded falsehood.

Stating opinions and excuses is not debunking. You have to do better than this if you are going to prove the facts wrong.

See my links above.

Now sit down and shut up.

FactCheck put together a no brainer time line. The analysis at the link but here's some key points.

What follows is a timeline of events that we hope will help put the incident into perspective. We call attention in particular to these key facts:

There were no protesters at the Benghazi consulate prior to the attack, even though Obama and others repeatedly said the attackers joined an angry mob that had formed in opposition to the anti-Muslim film that had triggered protests in Egypt and elsewhere.

The State Department disclosed this fact Oct. 9 — nearly a month after the attack.

Libya President Mohamed Magariaf insisted on Sept. 16 — five days after the attack — that it was a planned terrorist attack, but administration officials continued for days later to say there was no evidence of a planned attack.

Magariaf also said the idea that the attack was a “spontaneous protest that just spun out of control is completely unfounded and preposterous.”

This, too, was on Sept. 16. Yet, Obama and others continued to describe the incident in exactly those terms — including during the president’s Sept. 18 appearance on the “Late Show With David Letterman.”

Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, was the first administration official to call it “a terrorist attack” during a Sept. 19 congressional hearing. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did the same on Sept. 20.

Even so, Obama declined opportunities to call it a terrorist attack when asked at a town hall meeting on Sept. 20 and during a taping of “The View” on Sept. 24.

Benghazi Timeline | FactCheck.org

Here's a youtube video of Obama calling it a terrorist attack...a day after it happened.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSEM2rYjHcI]Did Obama label the Libya attack as an act of terror? - YouTube[/ame]
Try again, Sherlock. He did not call the Benghazi incident a terrorist attack. He called in an attack. In a separate sentence he said, "No act of terror will ever...blah blah blah."

You fail for the above reason AND in light of the FACT that the White House proclaimed the cause FOR SEVERAL WEEKS AFTER THAT was violent demonstrations prompted by a video that insulted Islam.

No cigar for you!

An act of terror means the same thing as terrorist attack, you idiot.

Now, read my links above and sit down and shut up.

Did Obama label the Libya attack as an act of terror? - YouTube

No cigar for you!

If you will listen to what Obama says in your own linked video, you will hear him first refer to "this attack in Benghazi" and later to "this terrible act". Never does he call Benghazi a "terrorist attack" or an "act of terror". Just days later he and his minions tell us that Benghazi was caused by a video that pissed off his Muslim brothers. Obama and the White House staff, including Hillary Clinton promoted that bullshit for weeks.

You should really learn to listen to what people actually say.

No cigar for you!

If you will listen to what Obama says in your own linked video, you will hear him first refer to "this attack in Benghazi" and later to "this terrible act". Never does he call Benghazi a "terrorist attack" or an "act of terror". Just days later he and his minions tell us that Benghazi was caused by a video that pissed off his Muslim brothers. Obama and the White House staff, including Hillary Clinton promoted that bullshit for weeks.

Maybe you should try listening to it.

He does use the exact words "acts of terror." It's at the 58 second mark, if you are too lazy to listen to the whole thing.

Just admit it: you are wrong.

Last edited:

He does use the exact words "acts of terror." It's at the 58 second mark, if you are too lazy to listen to the whole thing.

Yes he does.....but an honest and discerning person knows he isn't saying it in response to what had just happened in Benghazi.

Yes he does.....but an honest and discerning person knows he isn't saying it in response to what had just happened in Benghazi.

He made the speech the day after the Benghazi attacks.

What else was he responding to?

Man, you guys are stupid.

Forum List

Back