The cowardice of our elites is emboldening Islamism.

expat500

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2012
Lindsay Hoyle’s capitulation to extremists marked a dark day for British democracy.

Why can’t they just say it? There’s been exhaustive coverage of the threat posed to MPs in recent days, after House of Commons speaker Lindsay Hoyle ripped up parliamentary convention to allow a Labour amendment on Gaza to be debated on the Scottish National Party’s ‘opposition day’. Yesterday, Hoyle rebuffed accusations he had done so after being lent on by the Labour Party, his party, which would have been badly bruised if Labourites had broken ranks and backed the SNP’s own, more ostentatiously anti-Israel, motion. He did so, he said, because of credible threats made to MPs and on the house itself. The logic was that allowing Labour MPs to endorse their party’s own fudgy ceasefire position, rather than just abstain on the SNP’s motion, would have spared them yet more death threats. ‘I never, ever want to go through a situation where I pick up a phone to find a friend, whatever side, has been murdered by terrorists. I also don’t want an attack on this house’, Hoyle said. But at no point did he, or most of the media write-ups, name where that threat is so obviously coming from. Namely, Islamist extremists.

The desperation to avoid the I-word has been palpable in recent days. There’s been vague talk of the threats directed at MPs because of Gaza.

Hoyle is a decent well intentioned man, but has succumbed to weakness and appeasement.

Do go away, Surada. You are a public nuisance.

And don’t pretend to know what’s going on in GB news. It’s insulting .

Lindsay Hoyle’s capitulation to extremists marked a dark day for British democracy.

Why can’t they just say it? There’s been exhaustive coverage of the threat posed to MPs in recent days, after House of Commons speaker Lindsay Hoyle ripped up parliamentary convention to allow a Labour amendment on Gaza to be debated on the Scottish National Party’s ‘opposition day’. Yesterday, Hoyle rebuffed accusations he had done so after being lent on by the Labour Party, his party, which would have been badly bruised if Labourites had broken ranks and backed the SNP’s own, more ostentatiously anti-Israel, motion. He did so, he said, because of credible threats made to MPs and on the house itself. The logic was that allowing Labour MPs to endorse their party’s own fudgy ceasefire position, rather than just abstain on the SNP’s motion, would have spared them yet more death threats. ‘I never, ever want to go through a situation where I pick up a phone to find a friend, whatever side, has been murdered by terrorists. I also don’t want an attack on this house’, Hoyle said. But at no point did he, or most of the media write-ups, name where that threat is so obviously coming from. Namely, Islamist extremists.

The desperation to avoid the I-word has been palpable in recent days. There’s been vague talk of the threats directed at MPs because of Gaza.
We have a similar problem here in the US.

The l word has overtaken the N word in forbidden names.
Islamofascist Terrorist Assholes has been spoken by me. I'm not going to pushed around by them or their dead prophet. Difference is, I get to shoot back, as our constitution, state and federal law allows me to carry for person protection.

• Sad
Reactions: cnm

You must love the genocide of Muslims in Gaza.

Islamofascist Terrorist Assholes has been spoken by me. I'm not going to pushed around by them or their dead prophet. Difference is, I get to shoot back, as our constitution, state and federal law allows me to carry for person protection.

One is too scared to open one’s mouth these days.

Yet you’re the one supporting genocide.

What is wrong with you? Trying to personalise writing on a screen, on an anonymous talk board.

Are you hallucinating, or something?

I’m originally from the UK, but don’t live there.

I’m fearful for my country, when l see what’s going on.
That figures. I just did not know where from. I do not think you would find it that much better here either, in many ways, though might be at more liberty for self-protection as could be necessary.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
That figures. I just did not know where from. I do not think you would find it that much better here either, in many ways, though might be at more liberty for self-protection as could be necessary.

I live in the US for a few months each year. In all the years, l was disheartened and depressed for the first time ever during my last visit.

As the tories face oblivion you will find them trying to stir up race hatred in the UK.
They have failed on every aspect of govt so will campaign on this They have nothing else. This thread is a part of that.

As the tories face oblivion you will find them trying to stir up race hatred in the UK.

Rubbish. That’s a lie. They are no good, l’ll give you that. The rat pack tossed out the good ones.

But stirring up racism is the usual slander from you. What more could one expect from you?

Sadiq Khan is a joke, even if he wasn’t a Moslem.

They have failed on every aspect of govt so will campaign on this They have nothing else. This thread is a part of that.
When all else fails, as far as legal government policy action, go for race hatred and social issues, if you have nothing else?

Forum List

Back