The DANGEROUS ESCALATION of Online Censorship

the govt regulating the internet is a bad idea. They can touch gold and turn it into horseshit
We are talking about ICANN, it was run by the government before it was given away to private ownership by the Obama Administration. We had no problem with free speech then. The government has to adhere to the Constitution, private companies do not.
Good to see you defcon! You shady little shit!
Thanks for the info

I agree, the internet is in serious danger of being censored from all angles; it was bad enough when it was just hosting companies restricting free speech. Now we have domain name registrars restricting free speech as well (yea I am talking about stormfront) Down side is it's already too late.

At some point you lefty fools are going to be burned, your going to say something off the cuff (and I've been here long enough to see some of the horrid things you folks say) and boom you'll be shut down, your favorite site will be removed, your social media posts edited or deleted, accounts closed, etc. You don't care now because you think the censors are on "your side," but what's "okay" and "censorable" will change over time, it always does. Laugh it up while it's still funny to you because once it starts going away, it's going to disappear really fast and before you know it we might as well live in North Korea or Russia where there is no freedom of speech on the internet and only "approved" information is allowed out for public consumption.

You can already see the devastating effects this kind of shit has; stop visiting any other information site on the web, get all your news from the MSM and then come back here to this site (which actually does pretty good at giving news from all fronts) and realize what you've missed. I get that you want to hate President Trump, so all the MSM's bullshit with him is "okay" in your book because it feeds your dislike of him, but at some point you folks will open your eyes and realize that letting the media pick your president for you isn't very smart at all - and yes, that is exactly what is going on, and why we suddenly have a rash of right side view points being scoured from the internet (because President Trump proved without a doubt that the internet could get around the media's stranglehold on public opinion.)

I feel damned sorry for you "wool blinded" sheep who cannot see the slaughterhouse on the other side of the pasture. On the other hand, you won't even know whats happening until it's too late and you find your muzzles taped up so you can't complain about it being your turn. ~shrug~
No, you folks who use your privilege of free speech to spread hate for fellow Americans are the ones who blew your chance, fouled your own nest. No one is going to take away a reasonable person's freedom of speech. You have no right to broadcast your views internationally because they denigrate and demean whole groups of people unfairly. Maybe that's okay some places, but I'm glad that hosting company booted Stormfront off and I hope they don't find another to host them. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Just remember when they come for you after they are done with everybody else. You idiots never learn from history.

Yet, you vote to be controlled and you're in favor of nazis and fascists having power in the US.

the govt regulating the internet is a bad idea. They can touch gold and turn it into horseshit
We are talking about ICANN, it was run by the government before it was given away to private ownership by the Obama Administration. We had no problem with free speech then. The government has to adhere to the Constitution, private companies do not.
Thanks for the info
Why, thank you! I have been away for a while. Traveling etc. I did keep Lucy informed all the time though.

this thread, any minute now:
View attachment 147034

You only joined the other day, the majority of members give new people a chance and most people would agree that Facebook and Twitter etc are a disgrace with their Anti-Free Speech and Anti-Free Thought positions.

Also when confronted with a Troll it's best to ignore, don't Troll the Troll, just ignore it.

I forgot that you could block people on message boards, it's been years since I used one. I've already set a few of these degenerates to ignore.

You really can't handle wimpy little liberal snowflakes?

impuretrash is a coward.

If you can't defend your position, maybe you should go back to stormfront.

:lmao:
I notice some of them seem thin skinned. But according to Lucy, they aren't used to being argued with. Stormfront is an echo chamber.

Well Leftist Group Think is also an echo chamber, so the Leftists have more in common with Stor*mfro*t than they would like to be told that they have.

Thanks for the info
Why, thank you! I have been away for a while. Traveling etc. I did keep Lucy informed all the time though.
sounds awesome man.

Just keep posting. I'm enjoying this.

What's your opinion on the ADL? Totally unbiased good guys, the ultimate arbiters of right and wrong?
Cowardice Is the Crime That Enables All Others

The Holocaust victims were cowards; ADL is showing what should have been done to nip Naziism in the bud.
Define Nazi.

Well according to the Leftist Maniacs, that would be ANYONE who isn't a Leftist Maniac, that would be ANYONE who is a Conservative or even a Libertarian.

I agree, the internet is in serious danger of being censored from all angles; it was bad enough when it was just hosting companies restricting free speech. Now we have domain name registrars restricting free speech as well (yea I am talking about stormfront) Down side is it's already too late.

At some point you lefty fools are going to be burned, your going to say something off the cuff (and I've been here long enough to see some of the horrid things you folks say) and boom you'll be shut down, your favorite site will be removed, your social media posts edited or deleted, accounts closed, etc. You don't care now because you think the censors are on "your side," but what's "okay" and "censorable" will change over time, it always does. Laugh it up while it's still funny to you because once it starts going away, it's going to disappear really fast and before you know it we might as well live in North Korea or Russia where there is no freedom of speech on the internet and only "approved" information is allowed out for public consumption.

You can already see the devastating effects this kind of shit has; stop visiting any other information site on the web, get all your news from the MSM and then come back here to this site (which actually does pretty good at giving news from all fronts) and realize what you've missed. I get that you want to hate President Trump, so all the MSM's bullshit with him is "okay" in your book because it feeds your dislike of him, but at some point you folks will open your eyes and realize that letting the media pick your president for you isn't very smart at all - and yes, that is exactly what is going on, and why we suddenly have a rash of right side view points being scoured from the internet (because President Trump proved without a doubt that the internet could get around the media's stranglehold on public opinion.)

I feel damned sorry for you "wool blinded" sheep who cannot see the slaughterhouse on the other side of the pasture. On the other hand, you won't even know whats happening until it's too late and you find your muzzles taped up so you can't complain about it being your turn. ~shrug~
No, you folks who use your privilege of free speech to spread hate for fellow Americans are the ones who blew your chance, fouled your own nest. No one is going to take away a reasonable person's freedom of speech. You have no right to broadcast your views internationally because they denigrate and demean whole groups of people unfairly. Maybe that's okay some places, but I'm glad that hosting company booted Stormfront off and I hope they don't find another to host them. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Just remember when they come for you after they are done with everybody else. You idiots never learn from history.

Yet, you vote to be controlled and you're in favor of nazis and fascists having power in the US.
No, I am not, actually want the mega-tech companies to respect the 1st Amendment on their own. Since they are not, we need to get ICANN back under government control and regulate mega-tech companies as public utilities. They are public utilities. A lot of banking, government correspondence to citizens and vice versa are taking place through the interwebz. Like it or not, it became a public utility. It is not for just entertainment anymore.

Thanks for the info

^^^^ What he said :thup:

My bet is that ^^ also wants an end to net neutrality.

Then, a few years from now, he'll be blaming the left for censoring the InterWebs.

If the OP does not like a site, he COULD simplyt click away from it.

That's a lot for these alt right traitors to remember though.

:uhoh3:
Again, moronic post. Net neutrality was lost when ICANN was given over to private mega tech companies by Obama. ICANN needs to go back to government control to ensure net neutrality.

Wrong.

As are your other posts.
Maybe you should read upon ICANN. What it does, actually what it used to do when the U.S. Government controlled it.

Because I'm not a hate group.
No. You're an individual. And your likes, dislikes, loves, and hates are irrelevant. They are yours alone; and your welcome to them. As for "hate group"... Don't make me laugh... That is a leftist conjuration designed specifically to villainize a group of peoe who hold a differing point of view. Yet another glaring example of leftist totalitarianism.
They are villainized because of their point of view. It is a group of people who exist solely bound together by hate of another group of people. Hence the name. The left did not make that up.

They have a right to hold that view, but perhaps not being able to broadcast it on the internet is not the worst thing in the world. They can, anyway. They just need to pay more for it.

You know, when I was growing up, Boston was banning rock songs left and right. Henry Miller couldn't be published in this country due to the obscenity. Mailer's Naked and the Dead had to replace "fuck" with "fug," which leads the reader to think all the soldiers in that book have a bad head cold. When the courts ruled to open wide the doors of "free speech" and no censorship, they may have gone a tad too far, imo.
The left did make it up. And people have a right to hate. They also have the freedom of association. Neither you, nor anyone else should have the power to limit their ability to do either. Its called freedom. And it ain't all sunshine, and butterfly kisses.
The left didn't make it up. It's real. People will hate and birds of a feather will flock together. They don't need access to a national ad campaign when they are spewing that shit, though. No one is throwing them in jail for having their ideas or having their meetings. Send them the $4,000 if it's breaking your heart so bad.
Who are you to establish who, needs what?
And who are YOU to decide that? No difference.

View attachment 147034

You only joined the other day, the majority of members give new people a chance and most people would agree that Facebook and Twitter etc are a disgrace with their Anti-Free Speech and Anti-Free Thought positions.

Also when confronted with a Troll it's best to ignore, don't Troll the Troll, just ignore it.

I forgot that you could block people on message boards, it's been years since I used one. I've already set a few of these degenerates to ignore.

impuretrash is a coward.

If you would have been paying attention he has come here from FACEBOOK after the Far Left Snowflake Fascists had a Tampon Tantrum because he posted something their thin skin couldn't handle.

Stupid faggots, Planned Parenthood should begin offering retroactive abortions for these crippled mental midgets.

No. You're an individual. And your likes, dislikes, loves, and hates are irrelevant. They are yours alone; and your welcome to them. As for "hate group"... Don't make me laugh... That is a leftist conjuration designed specifically to villainize a group of peoe who hold a differing point of view. Yet another glaring example of leftist totalitarianism.
They are villainized because of their point of view. It is a group of people who exist solely bound together by hate of another group of people. Hence the name. The left did not make that up.

They have a right to hold that view, but perhaps not being able to broadcast it on the internet is not the worst thing in the world. They can, anyway. They just need to pay more for it.

You know, when I was growing up, Boston was banning rock songs left and right. Henry Miller couldn't be published in this country due to the obscenity. Mailer's Naked and the Dead had to replace "fuck" with "fug," which leads the reader to think all the soldiers in that book have a bad head cold. When the courts ruled to open wide the doors of "free speech" and no censorship, they may have gone a tad too far, imo.
The left did make it up. And people have a right to hate. They also have the freedom of association. Neither you, nor anyone else should have the power to limit their ability to do either. Its called freedom. And it ain't all sunshine, and butterfly kisses.
The left didn't make it up. It's real. People will hate and birds of a feather will flock together. They don't need access to a national ad campaign when they are spewing that shit, though. No one is throwing them in jail for having their ideas or having their meetings. Send them the $4,000 if it's breaking your heart so bad.

These people are not Liberals, there is nothing Liberal about them, Liberals SUPPORT Free Speech and Free Thought, Liberals do NOT DEMAND that Free Speech and Free Thought is censored.

These people are Leftist Fascist Authoritarians, they are following the exact playbook of their great heroes Lenin and Stalin, where people were FORCED to either agree to follow the rigid Group Think or they were shut up, either with multiple decades in Gulags or TWENTY MILLION who where permanently shut up by being put into mass graves.

View attachment 147034

impuretrash is a coward.

I notice some of them seem thin skinned. But according to Lucy, they aren't used to being argued with. Stormfront is an echo chamber.

Well Leftist Group Think is also an echo chamber, so the Leftists have more in common with Stor*mfro*t than they would like to be told that they have.
Does either side listen? Hell no. It's too bad but you and I are going to be on opposite sides of this one forever unless you change. LOL

impuretrash is a coward.

Does either side listen? Hell no. It's too bad but you and I are going to be on opposite sides of this one forever unless you change. LOL

Well if you just admit that I am right about EVERYTHING, we can avoid these situations :tongue:

These people are not Liberals, there is nothing Liberal about them, Liberals SUPPORT Free Speech and Free Thought, Liberals do NOT DEMAND that Free Speech and Free Thought is censored.

These people are Leftist Fascist Authoritarians, they are following the exact playbook of their great heroes Lenin and Stalin, where people were FORCED to either agree to follow the rigid Group Think or they were shut up, either with multiple decades in Gulags or TWENTY MILLION who where permanently shut up by being put into mass graves.
This is where you and others arguing this side are making a big mistake that keeps us from listening.
You are calling ME a fascist authoritarian for being perfectly okay with Stormfront losing its domain or host or whatever it is. See, I KNOW I'm not a proponent of Lenin and Stalin. I also DO believe in free speech and free thought, but I believe there is a line. Where that line gets drawn isn't as much about MY ideas as about the freedom and rights of the people those groups openly oppose. It isn't fair, it isn't American. You live in Austria, right? Do whatever you think is right in your country, but America has never had a pure bloodline or a single cultural identity. Maybe that's a problem right now, but it needn't be if people would get the hell over it and just live with each other fairly and treat people the way they would like to be treated. And I mean ALL people, not just some people, not just people on one side. ALL people.
The messages some of you folks seem to be sending are not in that vein and I don't think they are going to produce a country that can get along. It's really tough over here right now and getting worse. Not good, imo.

"the freedom and rights of the people those groups openly oppose."

And you put /their/ rights over the rights of other because /you/ happen to agree with those doing the opposing.

At some point, /your/ rights are the ones that will be opposed, and no one will be able to save or help you "express" those rights because they've already been silenced.

I never stated what others need. YOU did..

As those in IT would be well aware of, any complaints about H1-Bs posted during most of the 2000's were deleted by the server host.
Your want freedom of expression?
Start your own server business.

As those in IT would be well aware of, any complaints about H1-Bs posted during most of the 2000's were deleted by the server host.
Your want freedom of expression?
Start your own server business.

The registrar is the rough one because that's what was censored this time thanks to the US turning over ICANN to private markets. The server host can actually be done on any personal computer with internet access.

I just wonder how long it'll be before some registry decides they want more money for big names like Facebook or Microsoft or DNC dot com. I'm going to laugh if they get scalped and there's nothing they can do but pay the ransom or change their domain names. Because once a company takes control of a domain name they own it now, you can't even be guaranteed the right to transfer it to a new registrar no matter how long it's been yours... No more protection by like trademarking and brand recognition and shit... it's crazy.

I'd actually be curious to see what happens when/if one of these registrars goes under - unlikely perhaps as there's really only like 6 of them and NS and their child companies [versign, etc.] has the .com's and more hostage to their "opinion" - but if a registrar goes under and no one buys them then all their DNS connections are severed...

Forum List

Back