The Day The Republicans Shot Their Legs Off

Remember those 60+ times the House Republicans put on some theater for the rubes and repealed Obamacare when Obama was President?

Remember once they had the House, the Senate, and the White House they suddenly stopped trying to repeal Obamacare and set out instead to just sabotage it?

Because you know and I know they have no replacement. They only know how to attack, not how to actually do things.

And then one day in 2017, they passed a bill in the House not to repeal Obamacare, but to repeal some parts of it.

That's the day they shot their legs off and handed the Democrats the House majority with a pretty blue ribbon.

A House majority which is now inflicting some serious karma for all those Benghazi hearings, and Clinton email hearings, and Birther Donald trying to get Obama forcibly removed from office.

Obama had this habit of promising ghetto folk something for nothing, then tapping the working class on up to pay for cell phones working class folks couldn't afford. And when Obama spent money for anything, for some reason, he wound up being a multimillionaire after 8 long years of spending America into bankruptcy and out of a working military. Another 4 years, and we would be fodder for every grudge-carrying hater in the Middle east, not to mention his pal, Putin.

Except it isn’t true. It is just one of those urban legends.

Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for years, before Obama. The program is not paid for by taxpayers but by telecom companies. The president has nothing to do with it.

Remember those 60+ times the House Republicans put on some theater for the rubes and repealed Obamacare when Obama was President?

Remember once they had the House, the Senate, and the White House they suddenly stopped trying to repeal Obamacare and set out instead to just sabotage it?

Because you know and I know they have no replacement. They only know how to attack, not how to actually do things.

And then one day in 2017, they passed a bill in the House not to repeal Obamacare, but to repeal some parts of it.

That's the day they shot their legs off and handed the Democrats the House majority with a pretty blue ribbon.

A House majority which is now inflicting some serious karma for all those Benghazi hearings, and Clinton email hearings, and Birther Donald trying to get Obama forcibly removed from office.

Obama had this habit of promising ghetto folk something for nothing, then tapping the working class on up to pay for cell phones working class folks couldn't afford. And when Obama spent money for anything, for some reason, he wound up being a multimillionaire after 8 long years of spending America into bankruptcy and out of a working military. Another 4 years, and we would be fodder for every grudge-carrying hater in the Middle east, not to mention his pal, Putin.

That cell phone crap is just another example of Repub's "No Conspiracy Theory Left Behind" strategy. I won't bother explaining AGAIN how that cell phone program was started by a repub many years before Obama was president, or that our taxes aren't paying for it. Believe what you want ----- dumb ass.

Trump has continued that program.

They are Trumphones now!

G-5000 sez: "House Republicans put on some theater for the rubes...."​

Please stop using the racist term "rubes" when you mean the people of Israel or the Jewish people.

What the ever loving fuck are you on about?!?

rube
/ro͞ob/
noun
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
  1. a country bumpkin.

Your point about the political grandstanding is valid.

But, imo, they lost the House because Trump did not build the Wall and was slow moving on Trade.

He allowed himself to get distracted with stupid foreign policy bullshit.

and it still meant nothing.

Betcha a nickel President Trump wins the next election if Nancy's backstabbing wounds can be fixed. :rolleyes:

Considering the disarray of the Democrats it will be a pushover for Trump to win. Yet that will not fix the two dysfunctional parties.

Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for years, before Obama. The program is not paid for by taxpayers but by telecom companies. The president has nothing to do with it.

It started during President Reagan...

But, imo, they lost the House because Trump did not build the Wall and was slow moving on Trade.

If the Republicans had a health care reform program instead of lying about it, or if Trump didn't lie and say he did, the House would still be Republican.

Instead, Trump has made Obamacare even more entrenched, and it has become the third rail for Republicans.

The GOP really has no solutions for anything. They only know how to criticize the plans of other people who are trying to do the heavy lifting.

They are cowards and liars.

Yeah I remember. So you're saying the libs will do the same if they win the senate and keep the house.

If the Democrats win the Senate and keep the House, and Trump somehow manages to be re-elected, you are going to see Donald Trump become a big promoter of single payer health care.

And exactly three milliseconds later, all the pseudocons will do a full Orwell and become rabid supporters of universal health care.

If the Republicans had a health care reform program instead of lying about it, or if Trump didn't lie and say he did, the House would still be Republican.

Instead, Trump has made Obamacare even more entrenched, and it has become the third rail for Republicans.

The GOP really has no solutions for anything. They only know how to criticize the plans of other people who are trying to do the heavy lifting.

If their replacement was worse or just as bad, that would not have gained them anything.

If Trump had had a real start on the Wall, and mass deportations, and trade, by the midterms, he would have won.

The senate is a logjam of legislation thanks to Moscow Bitch..

And the house is a cesspool of meaningless worthless bills pushed on to the senate. Laws we don't need.
As far as I am concerned both parties suck.
I could not agree more.

I have been waiting a long time for a new major party to arise from the hypocritical ashes of the Democratic and Republican parties.
Me too but I will be dead before it never happens...

That's funny. Snopes backs you up, Ms. Coyote, but I found no less than 8 websites promoting free "Obama phones." Why is that? I never heard him denying that the "Obama phones" were not his doing. Not even once. Of course, I'm a righty since 1971, so what do I know? :aug08_031:

If their replacement was worse or just as bad, that would not have gained them anything.

Exactly my point. A point I have been making since arriving on this forum. The Republicans had nor have no health care plan. And neither did Trump.

And boy oh boy did that piss off the pseudocons every time I asked them what the GOP/Trump replacement for Obamacare was.

Once the GOP and Trump got Congress and the White House, even the dumbest of the dumb can see now they never had a plan.

And yet the rubes STILL won't admit to themselves they were massively hoaxed. They continue to line up to be lied to by Trump.

They DESERVE to be lied to.

We should be getting rid of ObamaCare. The sooner the better.
I would love to see Obamacare repealed AND REPLACED.

And there's the rub. There's the lie. Trump has no replacement. He lied. Bigly.

So we are going to end up with UHC, thanks to the Republicans defaulting.

That's funny. Snopes backs you up, Ms. Coyote, but I found no less than 8 websites promoting free "Obama phones." Why is that? I never heard him denying that the "Obama phones" were not his doing. Not even once. Of course, I'm a righty since 1971, so what do I know? :aug08_031:

"Obamaphones" are a textbook example of right wing manufactured bullshit taking advantage of the ignorance of the rube herd.

Your propagandists knew you were ignorant of the fact that program had been around for decades before Obama. They knew you would parrot the "Obamaphone" meme like good little rubes.

Your propagandists absolutely depend on your credulity, your ignorance, and your utter lack of critical thinking skills.

Exactly my point. A point I have been making since arriving on this forum. The Republicans had nor have no health care plan. And neither did Trump.

And boy oh boy did that piss off the pseudocons every time I asked them what the GOP/Trump replacement for Obamacare was.

Once the GOP and Trump got Congress and the White House, even the dumbest of the dumb can see now they never had a plan.

And yet the rubes STILL won't admit to themselves they were massively hoaxed. They continue to line up to be lied to by Trump.

They DESERVE to be lied to.

Well, in their defense, it is quite possible there is no good answer.

Trump's decision on Syria today secured him the election and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it.

Forum List

Back