The Deafening Silence

If you pay property taxes to local government, this is the LAST year that you can deduct it from your federal taxes.

You conservatives still feel like you're "winning"?
You can still deduct your property and state income taxes under this tax "reform". It is capped at ten thousand dollars, though.

If you pay property taxes to local government, this is the LAST year that you can deduct it from your federal taxes.

You can still deduct your property and state income taxes under this tax "reform". It is capped at ten thousand dollars, though.

Yeah, this year if your house is worth 75,000, you can deduct that from your tax bill. Next year? You can only go up to 10,000. Got news for the GOP, that isn't a tax reduction, that is actually a tax INCREASE.

Yeah, this year if your house is worth 75,000, you can deduct that from your tax bill.
No. You can only deduct the TAX on your house.

Yeah, this year if your house is worth 75,000, you can deduct that from your tax bill.

Still amounts to a tax increase when you file 2018's taxes in 2019.

Still amounts to a tax increase when you file 2018's taxes in 2019.
Only for the very wealthy.

Heard on the news this evening that if you are going to try to pay for your 2018 property taxes this year to take advantage, guess what?

You can't pay for next years taxes this year. Why? They say that its because they haven't assessed the properties for 2018, and cannot determine what their tax rate would be.

Still think that this tax plan is a good idea?
/——/ I just prepaid 1/2 of my school taxes because I have a bill, $3,900. I can’t prepay my property’s tax because all I can get is an estimate. I live on Long Island

Heard on the news this evening that if you are going to try to pay for your 2018 property taxes this year to take advantage, guess what?

You can't pay for next years taxes this year. Why? They say that its because they haven't assessed the properties for 2018, and cannot determine what their tax rate would be.

/——/ I just prepaid 1/2 of my school taxes because I have a bill, $3,900. I can’t prepay my property’s tax because all I can get is an estimate. I live on Long Island

I don't want to be offensive or nosy, but are your property taxes more or less than 10,000?

I don't want to be offensive or nosy, but are your property taxes more or less than 10,000?
/——-/ just under $10,000 which is average for Long Island

Just under 10,000? Cool, then you won't see an increase. But there are a lot of people who own homes that are.

Just under 10,000? Cool, then you won't see an increase. But there are a lot of people who own homes that are.
/——/ add in state income tax and it is more than 10 grand. That’s why I prepaid.

/——/ add in state income tax and it is more than 10 grand. That’s why I prepaid.

Woah..................so that means you WILL see a tax increase? Do you consider yourself middle class?

On the day Trump was inaugurated, the US debt stood at $19,947,304,555,212.

11 months later, it is $20,602,414,047,303.

The GOP has owned Congress for three years.

After bitching and whining and moaning and thrashing themselves silly over the climbing debt on Obama's watch, the pseudocons have been completely silent while Trump runs up the tab.

And since Trump is pushing a fake reform tax bill which will add another $1,500,000,000,000 to the federal debt, once can't help but detect the stench of hypocrisy before a psuedocon even comes over the horizon.
I don't recall you whining about the debt when Obama and the Dims were running it up.
Nor do I recall you whining when Reagan, Bush I and Bush II sent the national debt into orbit!!!
/-----/ You're right because Reagan and Bush I and II had to rebuild our military after Buffoons Carter and Clintoon decimated it. President Trump has the same task. Libtards hate the military and want the USA defenseless.
Our military was NEVER "decimated." Just another in the endless list of Right-wing lies. The US still can destroy the entire world 4 times over.
Thank you president Obama.
It sure as hell was. I recall before Reagan got elected stories on the evening news about how the US Airforce could only put a fraction of it's force on paper into the air because of lack of spare parts and maintenance.

After bitching and whining and moaning and thrashing themselves silly over the climbing debt on Obama's watch, the pseudocons have been completely silent while Trump runs up the tab.

And since Trump is pushing a fake reform tax bill which will add another $1,500,000,000,000 to the federal debt, once can't help but detect the stench of hypocrisy before a psuedocon even comes over the horizon.
I don't recall you whining about the debt when Obama and the Dims were running it up.
Nor do I recall you whining when Reagan, Bush I and Bush II sent the national debt into orbit!!!
/-----/ You're right because Reagan and Bush I and II had to rebuild our military after Buffoons Carter and Clintoon decimated it. President Trump has the same task. Libtards hate the military and want the USA defenseless.
Our military was NEVER "decimated." Just another in the endless list of Right-wing lies. The US still can destroy the entire world 4 times over.
It sure as hell was. I recall before Reagan got elected stories on the evening news about how the US Airforce could only put a fraction of it's force on paper into the air because of lack of spare parts and maintenance.

The same news you call fake? So which is it snowflake, fake or true? Or is it only fake when it suits your pathetic needs?

Do you now how to do math?

At that rate in 8 years it would be 5 trillion compared to Obama's 8 trillion.

And we still don't know what he spent the money on .

The same news you call fake? So which is it snowflake, fake or true? Or is it only fake when it suits your pathetic needs?
/——-/ read for yourself. I was 30 at the time and had friends in the military. I heard the horror stories. The disastrous defense cuts of the 1970s and 1990s

/——-/ read for yourself. I was 30 at the time and had friends in the military. I heard the horror stories. The disastrous defense cuts of the 1970s and 1990s

I heard the same story. Had a friend in the airforce at the time. I believe that something like 60% of the planes weren't flyable because of the lack of spare parts and maintenance. They would canibalize the parts off of one plane to keep another in the air. The troops were getting paid so little that a lot of them qualified for welfare. The Navy was downn to 300 ships.

Woah..................so that means you WILL see a tax increase? Do you consider yourself middle class?
/——/ no because my income tax will go down and my disposable income will go up. Those paying $20,000in property will get hurt.

President Trump Approves 2-Week Govt Funding Extension - Executive Gov

President Donald Trump on Friday signed another continuing resolution that would fund the federal government at current spending levels through Dec. 22, Bloomberg reported Friday.

Not one tard started a topic to show their moral outrage the GOP and Trump are spending more than they take in.

Huh!
Because the right doesn’t give a shit about the debt. They never have. They never complained once when Reagan tripled it. They never complained when Bush Sr. was on his way to tripling it. They never complained when Bush doubled it and they never complained when Bush started giving us trillion dollar deficits. They really don’t even care that Obama doubled it because they don’t care about the debt. They only feigned outrage over it as a tool with which to criticize Obama.

President Trump Approves 2-Week Govt Funding Extension - Executive Gov

President Donald Trump on Friday signed another continuing resolution that would fund the federal government at current spending levels through Dec. 22, Bloomberg reported Friday.

Not one tard started a topic to show their moral outrage the GOP and Trump are spending more than they take in.

Huh!
Because the right doesn’t give a shit about the debt. They never have. They never complained once when Reagan tripled it. They never complained when Bush Sr. was on his way to tripling it. They never complained when Bush doubled it and they never complained when Bush started giving us trillion dollar deficits. They really don’t even care that Obama doubled it because they don’t care about the debt. They only feigned outrage over it as a tool with which to criticize Obama.
/----/
broken_record-wide.jpg

The silence is deafening indeed.

We should celebrate the fact that Trump deficit is a lot less than Obama deficit.

Do you now how to do math?

At that rate in 8 years it would be 5 trillion compared to Obama's 8 trillion.

And we still don't know what he spent the money on .
Much of that debt was due to the recession which fortunately, trump was not straddled with.

Forum List

Back