The Death of a Presidency

Xenu promotes self-accountability.

YOu know, you might be onto something here.

Scientology might be the PERFECT religion to sum up the modern GOP.

It's all a lie, made up by a drunk, that is about fleecing the rank and file stupids while the folks at top get rich.

I'm thinking you guys might have found your love connection.

Praise Xenu!

You know it from what you personally have researched?

You expect us to believe that you just happen to be one of the less than 1% of the population that actually managed to buy a new plan? Seriously?

Or, more likely, are you just lying, and the real fact is that you haven't actually looked at the numbers? Be honest, all you have is the lies the government made up before hand to sell this to the idiots.

Yea, I'm just lying. I'm not going to purchase health insurance. After December 31st, I probably won't have a need for it anymore. :cuckoo:

Because I am currently in the high risk pool, I knew my insurance coverage would be ending at the end of the year. I knew this last year, so yes, I know exactly what plan I am purchasing, but no I haven't actually made the payment yet. I will do so before the end of the month.

Obama admitted, in writing, that the exchanges cost more, even with subsidies, than the old policies did, yet you keep insisting that most people will end up paying less. I have a choice to assume you are lying, or that you are a blithering idiot. Excuse me for giving you credit for having a brain.

Obamacare plans cost more 'in many cases' even WITH government subsidies, Obama administration admits for the first time | Mail Online

Nothing in your link proves that most people going to the exchanges will pay more.

I'm sure you would. Thankfully, your kind of selfishiness is on its way out in the world, and we are going to be better off for it.

Yes people looking out for their own is on its way out.
Only in THAT generation is Freedom considered 'selfishness'.

Whenever one of you nuts screams about "Freedom", I usually grab my wallet, since it usually entails the wealthy having the "freedom" to abuse the rest of us.

Yea, I'm just lying. I'm not going to purchase health insurance. After December 31st, I probably won't have a need for it anymore. :cuckoo:

Because I am currently in the high risk pool, I knew my insurance coverage would be ending at the end of the year. I knew this last year, so yes, I know exactly what plan I am purchasing, but no I haven't actually made the payment yet. I will do so before the end of the month.

Obama admitted, in writing, that the exchanges cost more, even with subsidies, than the old policies did, yet you keep insisting that most people will end up paying less. I have a choice to assume you are lying, or that you are a blithering idiot. Excuse me for giving you credit for having a brain.

Obamacare plans cost more 'in many cases' even WITH government subsidies, Obama administration admits for the first time | Mail Online

Nothing in your link proves that most people going to the exchanges will pay more.

New Yorkers are mostly going to be paying less because the premiums were already sky high for the Empire State.

Looks like the rest of the US is going to be subsidizing New York again.

I honestly have to ask, have any of you guys actually READ the Gospels?

Luke 16:13 ESV / 28 helpful votes

No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.”

1 Timothy 6:17-18 ESV / 22 helpful votes

As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share,

Mark 8:36 ESV / 21 helpful votes

For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?

HelpfulNot Helpful

Luke 6:38 ESV / 20 helpful votes

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

You know the really "cool" thing about the Bible? You can find passages that will bolster just about ANY viewpoint! People that resort to quoting scripture to back up their more dubious assertions always amuse me.

New Yorkers are mostly going to be paying less because the premiums were already sky high for the Empire State.

Looks like the rest of the US is going to be subsidizing New York again.

The way subsidies work:

A man is paying his own insurance premiums for himself and his family. It costs the taxpayer nothing.

obama care gives him insurance that costs more and give him coverage he doesn't need or want.

In order to help him pay the premiums the government will give him a subsidy so he can meet the premium costs.

The taxpayers are on the hook for the subsidy. The man is a tax payer. His taxes will be raised so the government can give him the subsidy to pay for insurance, not as good, that he was paying without government help.

No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.”

As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share,

HelpfulNot Helpful

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

You know the really "cool" thing about the Bible? You can find passages that will bolster just about ANY viewpoint! People that resort to quoting scripture to back up their more dubious assertions always amuse me.

his 'viewpoint' was that Jesus would not be a Republican nor a Christian.....throwing out those passages was just Joe stupidly flailing away....

first....Jesus said 'render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's'.....so why does Joe think he made some great claim that Jesus wouldn't be a Republican.....other than just being a stupid leftie....?

second....'Christianity' is derived from Christ.....so Joe's second claim is left field stupidity as well...

The health care problem could be fixed if we got serious tort reform. Provided insurance that did not cover routine health care. Allow insurance to be sold across state lines. Costs would drop significantly. Then we wouldn't need obamacare.

Why we even have insurance that covers routine doctor visits is ridiculous anyway. Your auto insurance doesn't cover wiper blades or oil changes.

Frankly, we should also stop mandating that EVERY insurance policy has to cover EVERY damned thing under the sun. Let insurance companies have more room to innovate and tailor policies to what the consumers actually WANT to have. If a healthy 24-year-old wants to get just catastrophic coverage, fine. Make that available. We live in a nation of 300 million people, and I will never for the life of me understand why leftists think they were all stamped out by cookie cutters in a factory somewhere, and therefore all want, need, and like the same things.

It may be a bit long winded but still. I do believe this law is and will be the death of Obama's presidency. For the remaining years to come, he will be haunted by the lies he told and the promises he broke.

Until people actually check out their exchange and find out they can get the same or better coverage for the same price or even save some money. Supposedly 5 million people have received cancellation notices, according to Fox News. 1.5 million have registered on the health exchanges, most all before the 5 million received their cancellation notices. This tells us one important fact; those who have received cancellations have not even checked out their exchange to see what is now available for them. Once they do check out their exchange, a lot of them are going to be in for a big surprise when they start to understand that they are getting a better policy for the same amount or less, and some will even be eligible for a subsidy that will further reduce how much it is going to cost them.

Now, there will be those who do end up paying more. The way it is set up is not perfect for everyone, but the fact is that more are going to benefit than be screwed. And I'm not talking out my ass here. I am one of those who is losing my insurance come the end of the year. I got my cancellation notice, and I've found a plan I am going to be very happy with. It is just slightly cheaper than what I had, and the benefits are comparable to what I had, and that is with no subsidy.

"Why the fuck would you bitch about losing the insurance you like, JUST because Obama said you wouldn't, if you haven't even gone to his spiffy exchanges and checked out the goodies he's got there for you in place of the insurance you lost that he promised you wouldn't? Like lies are important in the face of government handouts. Just go find out what Obama wants you to do, and quit thinking YOU should have any say in the matter."

:suck:

We had something called "an Election".

Deal with it.

Yes, we did, and the Republicans won control of the House.

Deal with it.

But they lost House elections by 1.5 million votes, which is why we don't really have to pay much attention to what the House says.

What the fuck are you talking about? Is this another delusion you have where local elections are decided by votes in other states? Does that mean I can vote for the governor of your state?

Actually, I have the same insurance I had before ObamaCare.

So, no, not really.

Now, I know you miss your high deductable, no real coverage CleetusCare policy the slick guy from the insurance company sold you, but, hey, you get to keep it for another year.

Only because Obama decided not to let you know how bad it is by enforcing the employer mandate.

First, my insurance is pretty good. Deductable is only $1500, covers all doctors appointments, preventive care tests like colonoscopies, etc. So, no, even after the cheap ass companies that aren't providing insurance to the wage slaves have to start doing that (and getting pretty generous tax breaks when they do), it really, really will not change what my company does.)

It more than qualifies under all the stringents of ObamaCare.

Now, yeah, if it were a private policy, it would probably cost me about $5000.00 a year. I pay in $500 and my company pays in the rest.

I swear, you're just retarded, because I've explained this to you about six times and you keep standing there saying "Corky no understand!!!"

Does it provide parity for mental health and medical treatments? If not, it isn't complaint, and will be cancelled next year.

No, she can totally have whatever insurance she wants... as long as it meets a legal standard.

Just like she can totally have an abortion as long as it is performed by a certified provider. (Who doesn't necessarily need to be a doctor.)

So, she indeed does not have a choice to do with her body what she wants. Only can do what the FEDS want. More like Pro- Limited Choice

-Geaux

If the Insurance Industry wasn't hell-bent on ripping off their customers, this wouldn't be an issue.

Funny how you keep using red herrings to defend your position. Is that because, deep down, you know it is indefensible?

HelpfulNot Helpful

You do not want to try and use the Bible to defend your position, you aren't smart enough.

Nothing in your post proves you can think, what's your point?

Only because Obama decided not to let you know how bad it is by enforcing the employer mandate.

First, my insurance is pretty good. Deductable is only $1500, covers all doctors appointments, preventive care tests like colonoscopies, etc. So, no, even after the cheap ass companies that aren't providing insurance to the wage slaves have to start doing that (and getting pretty generous tax breaks when they do), it really, really will not change what my company does.)

It more than qualifies under all the stringents of ObamaCare.

Now, yeah, if it were a private policy, it would probably cost me about $5000.00 a year. I pay in $500 and my company pays in the rest.

I swear, you're just retarded, because I've explained this to you about six times and you keep standing there saying "Corky no understand!!!"

Does it provide parity for mental health and medical treatments? If not, it isn't complaint, and will be cancelled next year.

he may be surprised.....there will probably be lots of companies ditching healthcare if their cost is more than $2,000 a year per person......which is the fine.....afterall they can easily sell their people on Obamacare.....can't they....? :lol:

By Templar Kormac

I remember the night when Obama got elected 5 years ago. I was a hard right Republican just two years out of high school. My knowledge of politics was limited. I couldn't help but hope with the rest of those Americans that there would be a positive change in this country. I wanted so badly to be swept along with the rest of them, join in the euphoria of the election of the first black man to the White House. But I held myself back. As the first 100 days went by, I knew Obama would be no ordinary president. I never thought that one day, this self proclaimed savior of America would be the instrument of his own destruction.

In those 100 days, Democrats had garnered majorities in both houses of Congress, and finally after the electoral euphoria wore off, the discussion turned to healthcare insurance and economic recovery. Obama proposed a plan that he purported would provide the millions of uninsured Americans access to affordable healthcare. I thought to myself, 'hey this is cool, maybe he won't be such a bad president after all. Maybe I can get insurance!' But as I began to learn how to investigate and do research, I found out how little of this law was going to work.

Republicans repeatedly and without fail warned that millions of Americans would lose their insurance and that premiums would skyrocket, while the newly elected president continued to assert that if they liked their plans and doctors they could keep them. Despite the objections of millions upon millions of Americans against this new proposal, on Christmas Eve that same year, Democrats passed what would be now known as Obamacare. Republicans could do little else to stop it's passage, other than to unanimously vote no. Little did I know just how loud those objections would become.

In 2010, the backlash was tremendous. Throughout the year, millions of Americans assailed their Representatives and Senators during the congressional recess, the question most asked was "Why? Why would you ignore the will of we the people to pass a law we didn't consent to?" On election night that year, the Democrats paid dearly for their unwillingness to heed to the will of their constituents. They were swiftly rendered a minority in the house, and though miraculously, kept control of the Senate.

The next year and a half didn't see much debate on the law, since the inevitability of the ACA's implementation was almost certain. In 2011 and 2012 we saw Obama campaign on his promises, amidst the Arab Spring, the Benghazi Scandal and Superstorm Sandy. The previous four years saw him do little to fix a broken economy, but yet he was put back in the White House for a second term. Republicans would try in futility to repeal Obamacare, only to be vilified successfully by their opponents.

This year, all hell broke out for Obama, as it was made known that people under him had been targeting Tea Party organizations unfairly during the previous election. Then it got even worse, it was discovered that the NSA had been spying on millions of Americans. Scandal after scandal broke out in Washington, damaging a once proud presidency.

Still, Obama remained undeterred, unblemished. He had the entire media behind him, he could do no wrong. There was so much momentum from the passage of the law that it seemed as if Obama would be the proverbial Democratic version of Ronald Reagan. Obama appeared to be invincible. Nobody could stop him. But after all those years of broken promises and scandals, it would be the signature law that supposedly defined Obama's presidency which would be responsible for undoing it. Millions of people began losing their healthcare, and premiums began rising exponentially.

The death blow came as Obama admitted that he lied to America about keeping their insurance plans and paying lower premiums. He tried to make it right by issuing an executive order allowing those millions adversely affected to keep their insurance, to no avail. In five years, I have watched myself metamorphose into someone who departed from the two party world, as I watched the presidency of a self anointed savior evaporate into the thinness of the air. The death of a presidency has come swiftly and the aura of hope and change has faded.

Well written. I have a recommendation for you.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Well-30th-Anniversary-Nonfiction-ebook/dp/B0090RVGW0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384612941&sr=8-1&keywords=william+zinsser+on+writing+well]Amazon.com: On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition: An Informal Guide to Writing Nonfiction eBook: William Zinsser: Kindle Store[/ame]

Brevity isn't the issue. Tight writing is more effective and lends to an active writing style.

Again, well done.

I have told him repeatedly he can start earning just as soon as he starts writing somewhere other than here.

[]

You know what the cooler thing about the Bible is?

You can't find one quote that Jesus takes the position of "Fuck poor people and let them starve".

Forum List

Back