To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
Nothing in that statement proves that the PEOPLE do not have the INDIVIDUAL right to bear arms, and that the 2nd Amendment acts as MORE than a mere bar on Federal Power.

The Supreme Court held: The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824
I would like to hear commie Dan's retort to the above statement.
Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
(Source: Illinois Constitution.)

better than you.
Please tell us your understanding of Common Law.

I will wait.

While you are at it, please respond to this quote:

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all timesarmed." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
Nothing in that statement proves that the PEOPLE do not have the INDIVIDUAL right to bear arms, and that the 2nd Amendment acts as MORE than a mere bar on Federal Power.
Natural rights are in State Constitutions, not our Second Amendment.

The Supreme Court held: The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
A simple appeal to ignorance of the law. There is no, unconnection with the militia; only with militia service, well regulated.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

A simple appeal to ignorance of the law. There is no, unconnection with the militia; only with militia service, well regulated.
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." — George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788
The fact that you believe a quote by George Mason is “law” is why nobody takes you seriously about anything. :laugh:

You just keep repeating that. It wasn't significant the first 25 times and it's not now.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." — George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788
The fact that you believe a quote by George Mason is “law” is why nobody takes you seriously about anything. :laugh:
it is the common law understanding for the common defense.

You just keep repeating that. It wasn't significant the first 25 times and it's not now.
lol. you keep repeating what you do. i am not appealing to ignorance.

How many turns around the May Pole will he take this time?

I repeat it because you robotically say the same phrases over and over again despite being shown how they, and you, are wrong.

How many turns around the May Pole will he take this time?
You simply don't understand the common law or the common defense.

I repeat it because you robotically say the same phrases over and over again despite being shown how they, and you, are wrong.
Natural rights are in State Constitutions, not our Second Amendment. You have shown, nothing. You only appeal to ignorance.

Why do you believe the whole and entire concept of natural rights, is not found in State Constitutions?

Why do you believe the whole and entire concept of natural rights, is not found in State Constitutions?
A much better question would be: why do you believe the “whole and entire concept of natural rights is not found in the U.S. Constitution”?

Of course you will run from this like you do every question posed to you. By the way, when you answer this very reasonable question, I will answer your very dumb question (and blow it completely out of the water).

Forum List

Back