The Deir Yassin Lie

toastman

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2012

14:35

"I asked Dr. Khalid how we should cover the story. He said we must make the most of this. So he wrote a press release, stating that at Deir Yassin, children were murdered, pregnant women were raped, all sorts of atrocities.
Arab radio stations passed on the false reports, ignoring the protests of the witnesses"

"We said, there was no rape. He said, we have to say this, so that the Arab armies will liberate Palestine from the Jews."

15:25

"This was our biggest mistake. We did not realize how our people would react. As soon as they heard that woman had been raped at Deir Yassin, Palestinian fled with terror. They ran away from all our villages."

Narrator:

"In the next few months, over half the Arab population, 3/4 of a million people, fled their homes in Palestine"

Remember, these are Arabs who lived in the region during the time of the 1948 war.

"I asked Dr. Khalid how we should cover the story. He said we must make the most of this. So he wrote a press release, stating that at Deir Yassin, children were murdered, pregnant women were raped, all sorts of atrocities.
Arab radio stations passed on the false reports, ignoring the protests of the witnesses"

"We said, there was no rape. He said, we have to say this, so that the Arab armies will liberate Palestine from the Jews."

"This was our biggest mistake. We did not realize how our people would react. As soon as they heard that woman had been raped at Deir Yassin, Palestinian fled with terror. They ran away from all our villages."

Narrator:

"In the next few months, over half the Arab population, 3/4 of a million people, fled their homes in Palestine"

Remember, these are Arabs who lived in the region during the time of the 1948 war.

Man, that's some account. Thanks for sharing. Do you have anything on the Russians and Chinese? Hey, I read stories about the thousands raped in Africa. Did you hear about that also? Did you know that by today's standards, the Japanese of WWII would be considered as terrorists?

Narrator:

I would like to have access to the Weekly Reader publications school kids got back in the 40s. The Weekly Reader in the fall of 1948 and winter and spring of 1949 always had pictures and stories of the Israeli statehood and the Arab war that followed. Back in those days there was no PC and reporters told the stories that were true and pulled no punches. We were always reading that the Arab armies forced the people to leave the war zone until they killed all the Jews and then they could come back. It looks like the Arabs in Palestine have switched things around.

Narrator:

I would like to have access to the Weekly Reader publications school kids got back in the 40s. The Weekly Reader in the fall of 1948 and winter and spring of 1949 always had pictures and stories of the Israeli statehood and the Arab war that followed. Back in those days there was no PC and reporters told the stories that were true and pulled no punches. We were always reading that the Arab armies forced the people to leave the war zone until they killed all the Jews and then they could come back. It looks like the Arabs in Palestine have switched things around.

Exactly! The documentary I just posted is entitles the '50 Years War', which would suggest it came out over 25 years ago. This was before the Palestinian propaganda campaign was in effect.

The best way to find out accurate info is to talk to people who were there at the time. Unfortunately, there's not that many left.

Thread cleaned. Stay on topic or it will be closed.

Forum List

Back