The Democrats donkey mascot: Founded 1870 in racism against Lincoln; as bad as rebel flag.

More racist mascot?

• Democrats Donkey

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • NFLs Washington Redskins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But if we ban all of the Democrats' racist symbols, what will they do???
Democratic-Donkey-Reached-Iran.jpg

Its only fair.

When people see that democrat donkey....it oversaw the founding of the Klan. Of Jim Crowe laws. Of men like Bull Connor and the Byrds. Of the segregation movement.

How can modern liberals....still proudly flaunt that Democrat mascot which symbolizes a party with such an evil past?

Hey Dems....kinda nullifies your gripe against the Redskins huh? You want them to lose the offensive racist mascot? YOU FIRST ASSHOLES.

Ok fellas. The liberals are slobbering in a rabid push to change the Redskins mascot. So....a summary.

Washington DC football, mascot- Redskins: Made lots of black men into millionaires. Never killed anyone. Never denied anyone any rights.

Democrat Party, mascot- Donkey: Founded KKK. Passed Jim Crowe laws. Party of choice for rabid segregationists and racists like Bull Connor, Robert Byrd, George Wallace. Fought against civil rights movement. Fought against Lincolns attempt to free slaves. Rounded up Japanese and German immigrants into camps in the 40s.

Both still use their mascot.

Hey liberals....you want the Redskins to change their racist mascot? YOU FIRST.

Combined thread. Makes sense.

Funny....libs go after all these sports teams mascots. And never bothered addressing their own racist mascot.

C'mon racist lefties. You want the Redskins to change their mascot. You want Florida State and University of Utah, Illinois and Mississippi to change their mascots?

Lead...by changing YOUR racist mascot.

First appearance of the Democratic donkey - Jan 15 1870 - HISTORY.com

Well....the rebel flag....raised by Democrats in 1961...finally is lowered by SC Republicans.

NOW....THE NEXT SYMBOL OF RACISM MUST GO.

The wicked racist history of the Democrat Party.....and THEIR SYMBOL....the donkey.

Founded in 1870....the donkey was used to symbolize an ass kicking the former administration of Abe Lincoln (Republican who freed slaves).

That donkey has existed throughout the racism of Democrat Party history. KKK. Jim Crowe. Bull Connor. Anti Civil Rights. All of it.

And to this day....Democrats proudly display that racist symbol of a party that did so much evil to.black.

Democrats. ...you should be DISGUSTED and EMBARRASSED of yourselves for keeping that racist symbol as the official mascot of your party.

Your bigoted history is shown in that symbol. Sick fucking racist. All of you donkey Dems.

You christer southern white trash are taking the de crackerzation of the souf hard aren't you :badgrin:

Says the actual racist...

Well....the rebel flag....raised by Democrats in 1961...finally is lowered by SC Republicans.

The wicked racist history of the Democrat Party.....and THEIR SYMBOL....the donkey.

Founded in 1870....the donkey was used to symbolize an ass kicking the former administration of Abe Lincoln (Republican who freed slaves).

That donkey has existed throughout the racism of Democrat Party history. KKK. Jim Crowe. Bull Connor. Anti Civil Rights. All of it.

And to this day....Democrats proudly display that racist symbol of a party that did so much evil to.black.

Democrats. ...you should be DISGUSTED and EMBARRASSED of yourselves for keeping that racist symbol as the official mascot of your party.

Your bigoted history is shown in that symbol. Sick fucking racist. All of you donkey Dems.

I applaud your thread....good job.....keep at them, never give them a break....the racism of democrats needs to be exposed and dealt with.....

How a Donkey and an Elephant Came to Represent Democrats and Republicans

More history. Turns out....the Democrat Donkey goes further back....to the mid 1800s and slave owning Democrat Andrew Jackson....the very first racist Democrat to use the donkey mascot.

So...this mascot actually was in use pre Civil War...by slave owning Democrats.

Democrats. ...CHANGE YOUR RACIST MASCOT. Why do you still uphold a racist symbol....even older and more oppressive than the rebel flag?

For the idjit OP: some facts:

party_democrat.jpg

The now-famous Democratic donkey was first associated with Democrat Andrew Jackson's 1828 presidential campaign. His opponents called him a jackass (a donkey), and Jackson decided to use the image of the strong-willed animal on his campaign posters. Later, cartoonist Thomas Nast used the Democratic donkey in newspaper cartoons and made the symbol famous.

party_republican.jpg

Nast invented another famous symbol—the Republican elephant. In a cartoon that appeared in Harper's Weekly in 1874, Nast drew a donkey clothed in lion's skin, scaring away all the animals at the zoo. One of those animals, the elephant, was labeled “The Republican Vote.” That's all it took for the elephant to become associated with the Republican Party.

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0881985.html

I applaud your thread....good job.....keep at them, never give them a break....the racism of democrats needs to be exposed and dealt with.....

Oh I wont. I ask all conservatives join me.

I already email my concenrs over the racist Democrat symbol/mascot. NAACP local chapter. All my South Carolina representatives. Local conservative media.

If they want all racist mascots and symbols purged....fair enough. Start with THEIRS.

Forward to everyone you know. Awareness is the first step.

More history. Turns out....the Democrat Donkey goes further back....to the mid 1800s and slave owning Democrat Andrew Jackson....the very first racist Democrat to use the donkey mascot.

1828 isn't Mid 1800's.

And FYI: Every President (with the exception of the two Adams), were slaveholders up until the ...
Mid 1800's/

Paperview

And like Jackson, they're still jackasses... and damn proud of it!!!!

party_democrat.jpg

The now-famous Democratic donkey was first associated with Democrat Andrew Jackson's 1828 presidential campaign. His opponents called him a jackass (a donkey), and Jackson decided to use the image of the strong-willed animal on his campaign posters. Later, cartoonist Thomas Nast used the Democratic donkey in newspaper cartoons and made the symbol famous.

party_republican.jpg

Nast invented another famous symbol—the Republican elephant. In a cartoon that appeared in Harper's Weekly in 1874, Nast drew a donkey clothed in lion's skin, scaring away all the animals at the zoo. One of those animals, the elephant, was labeled “The Republican Vote.” That's all it took for the elephant to become associated with the Republican Party.

Um...i already said all that.

Racist Democrat slave owner Andrew Jackson began using that mascot. The Democrat Party stuck with the donkey through all their racist practices and people.....still to this day.

That symbol/mascot since the 1820s has representated the Democrats and every one of their members. LOTS of racism and oppression and evil shit done to minorities under the party of that donkey.

You want a football team to change its mascot?

You first.

party_democrat.jpg

party_republican.jpg

Um...i already said all that.

Yes, we cross posted at the same time.

Your thread, and logic -- still whackadoodle.

1828 isn't Mid 1800's.

And FYI: Every President (with the exception of the two Adams), were slaveholders up until the ...
Mid 1800's/

Yep. 1828 is technically "early 1800s". So that donkey mascot has overseen Democrat Party racism, oppression, slavery and hatred for EVEN LONGER than I gave it credit for.

Um....thanks....I guess...for helping make my point?

Forum List

Back