The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

That's because the law was not applied equally for gays.

It wasn't? Straight people can marry the same sex? I think you're wrong on that
Flaming imbecile, straight people had the right to marry the person they love. How do you still not get this? :eusa_doh:

Yes, "who they love." Laws are always based on what you want. That's the way our legal system works. And you call me the "flaming imbecile?"

I am a vegetarian except I eat fish. So can I fish during hunting season? I don't want to eat game, just fish. They have to accommodate me, don't they?
It really is no one's fault but your own that you don't know the primary reason for getting married is to make a life long commitment to the person you love. That's why it's a fundamental right towards the inalienable right to pursue happiness.

That has nothing to do with what I said
She's abandoned actual argument.

What are you talking about? Gay marriage was already legal in 37 states.

only because of the lawyers.....the courts....

big difference from what The People wanted....even gay Callyfornia voted against gay marriage....
Nope, the people wanted it too...

Civil Rights

How sad, and lame. Blacks are not queer.

Faun is queer, it's on his avatar
Nah. Not only am I devout heterosexual, I'm more straight than you. According to you, there are situations in your marriage which make you the wife.

But even funnier, if you think my avatar means I'm gay, then yours means you're a woman. :lol: koshergirl's avatar means she's a dog.

See what a flaming imbecile you are?

None of that has to do with that your avatar says you're gay.

I didn't realize straight was a competition. I'll do more exercises now that I know

[
Another word you people don't understand, apparently.

I'm beginning to think the whole problem with totalitarians is that they just don't know what the words they use, mean.

Nah, they know just fine what the words mean, they simply think they can intimidate the public to surrender their rights.

Sadly, they have proven correct.

There is no right to discriminate against people. Don't know where you get that from. It is illegal in the State of Oregon.
To protect the citizenry of a state.

Why? There must be a reason

Bump Faun

Why no answer?
Siblings can't marry due to health concerns.

I don't understand, what health concerns would there be if two male siblings, regardless of sexuality of the participants are?
There wouldn't be, but as I said earlier, that would be a violation of the equal protection clause. You can't make marriage legal only to gays but not straights any more than you can make it legal for straights but not for gays.

So we deny it to same sex siblings because straight siblings can procreate

Do you agree with the statement?
No, we deny marriage to all siblings because of equal protection.

You're another flaming imbecile. My link contained a bunch of poll results regarding gay marriage. :cuckoo:
Pretending homo privileges are the same thing as civil rights.

And that polls are *votes*, lol.
I said none of those things your brain dreamed up. I said most people wanted gay marriage to be legal.

Oh, and your demented conclusion from my post is yet more evidence that you're a fucking moron. Don't forget, you thought my link was about blacks when it's actually about gay marriage. :lmao:
That's because you pretend homo special privileges are the same as blacks getting the vote, racist.
:boohoo:

Racist.
I said nothing racist. Ya see, your delusion brings us back to you being a fucking retard. :thup:

Marriage has always been legal to gays, if they wanted to get married. Just like the rest of us. They don't want marriage. They want to force others to celebrate them having sex. There's a difference.
But they do want marriage, the same thing we have and nothing more. Now that this issue has become personal for me, I can see no reason my friends should not get married like my wife and I. And by doing so, I don't get the feeling they want me to celebrate anything except that they're together for life.

Polls are not to be trusted.......votes are much more reliable....

The polls all said Romney was losing. That you believed Karl Rove is not the fault of the polls.

You don't get to vote on Civil Rights.

then i guess we don't need that Civil Rights Act anymore since nobody 'gets to vote on Civil Rights"........hahaha....we'll just leave it all up to those know-it-all lawyers....

I said YOU don't.

How would you like your 2nd Amendment rights put up for a majority vote?

if you want to amend the Constitution on that....go ahead and try.....good luck....

there is nothing in the Constittuion about gay marriage....and pls don't cite the 14th....that never had anything to do about gay marriage....

Sorry but the fundamental right to marry has been found. No Amendment needed.

So I'll ask again. Would you like to have your 2nd Amendment rights put up for a majority vote?

Finding the right to marry was a stretch because there isn't one. But I won't fight it because, quite honestly, I want anyone who loves each other to get married. But this trend of finding "rights" that don't exist has you sucking innocent children into your lifestyle, accentuating a lunatic notion that people have the right to have children, whether they can have them or not....something I'm sure pedophiles would be interested to further.

I'm continually amazed that you're still alive. I guess you could think of it like a death sentence with an unscheduled execution date.

Bump Faun

Why no answer?
Siblings can't marry due to health concerns.

I don't understand, what health concerns would there be if two male siblings, regardless of sexuality of the participants are?
There wouldn't be, but as I said earlier, that would be a violation of the equal protection clause. You can't make marriage legal only to gays but not straights any more than you can make it legal for straights but not for gays.

So we deny it to same sex siblings because straight siblings can procreate

Do you agree with the statement?
No, we deny marriage to all siblings because of equal protection.

You don't deny a "right" to an individual based on the abilities of another. That was tried a failed as a compelling state interest.

So you understand that there is no compelling state issue now that would prohibit same sex siblings from the right to marry, right?

If there is, what is it?

Marriage has always been legal to gays, if they wanted to get married. Just like the rest of us. They don't want marriage. They want to force others to celebrate them having sex. There's a difference.
But they do want marriage, the same thing we have and nothing more. Now that this issue has become personal for me, I can see no reason my friends should not get married like my wife and I. And by doing so, I don't get the feeling they want me to celebrate anything except that they're together for life.
No, they don't want to marry. Marriage is a man and a woman. They want to do whatever they want to do, and they want to force us to pretend it's the same. It's not.

No, they don't want to marry. Marriage is a man and a woman. They want to do whatever they want to do, and they want to force us to pretend it's the same. It's not.

I've argued the same thing repeatedly. Personal experience has given me a new perspective. The marriage of my two lady friends this month I wager will last longer than most heterosexual marriages which currently have an over 50% fail rate. I've learned things from them that have strengthened my own marriage.

I've argued the same thing repeatedly. Personal experience has given me a new perspective. The marriage of my two lady friends this month I wager will last longer than most heterosexual marriages which currently have an over 50% fail rate. I've learned things from them that have strengthened my own marriage.
That's great, but they always had the right to marry, if they could find somebody to marry them. I have homosexual friends who have been together for decades and are fab parents...and who are Christian and absolutely don't identify themselves solely by their sexuality. They aren't the problem. It's the totalitarians who want to use the fags to raze churches. Because that's what it's about. Then they'll turn on the fags as well.

That's great, but they always had the right to marry, if they could find somebody to marry them. I have homosexual friends who have been together for decades and are fab parents...and who are Christian and absolutely don't identify themselves solely by their sexuality. They aren't the problem. It's the totalitarians who want to use the fags to raze churches. Because that's what it's about. Then they'll turn on the fags as well.

I agree. Like more violent Muslims will kill less violent Muslims for being less violent, the Fag Militia will turn their aggression on decent gay people like my friends.

Evidently it hasn't ended, the bakers filed suit yesterday. It will probably end up with SCOTUS

SCOTUS has already thrown out similiar lawsuits, and that was BEFORE marriage was declared a right.

The Bigoted Kleins don't have a leg to stand on.

This was not a fine. These were damages. Not only for refusing the service, but also the misery that the Kleins put the Bowman-Crier family through by putting their names and address out on Facebook and the public domain. In turn, they received death threats from "Christians" showing how much of what Jesus had to say really sunk in.

Evidently it hasn't ended, the bakers filed suit yesterday. It will probably end up with SCOTUS

SCOTUS has already thrown out similiar lawsuits, and that was BEFORE marriage was declared a right.

This was not a fine. These were damages. Not only for refusing the service, but also the misery that the Kleins put the Bowman-Crier family through by putting their names and address out on Facebook and the public domain. In turn, they received death threats from "Christians" showing how much of what Jesus had to say really sunk in.

Forgot about Hobby Lobby already, did you? Leftwats sure do have short memories.

I'm not likely to take you serious, I heard the same BS when Hobby Lobby went to court. Let it play out and stop being a know it all....you're not.

Forgot about Hobby Lobby already, did you? Leftwats sure do have short memories.

No, I haven't forgotten, it's just not relevant to this case. There's a whole pile of precendents that back up the notion you can't use religious reasoning to fail to provide service in a public accommodation. The racists tried this shit back in the 1960's and failed.

I'm not likely to take you serious, I heard the same BS when Hobby Lobby went to court. Let it play out and stop being a know it all....you're not.

Hobby Lobby- besides being an awful decision - isn't the same thing as this. If you can really declare you can refuse business by SELECTIVE readings of the bible, you pretty much open the door to discriminating not only against gays but blacks, women, Jews, Muslims, and yes, even Christians.

No way the Court opens THAT can of worms.

Besides that, by the time it gets to the Court, Hillary will have replaced Scalia and Kennedy with Liberals.

Enough of this insanity already!!! What ever happened to "we reserve the right to refuse to serve anyone"? Some people don't deserve the right to be served, particularly when we're having it shoved down our throats.

Enough of this insanity already!!! What ever happened to "we reserve the right to refuse to serve anyone"? Some people don't deserve the right to be served, particularly when we're having it shoved down our throats.

It's time the Left got a dose of their own medicine. It's time for public accommodation laws to be struck down by the Supreme Court.

All of them.

Hobby Lobby- besides being an awful decision - isn't the same thing as this. If you can really declare you can refuse business by SELECTIVE readings of the bible, you pretty much open the door to discriminating not only against gays but blacks, women, Jews, Muslims, and yes, even Christians.

No way the Court opens THAT can of worms.

Besides that, by the time it gets to the Court, Hillary will have replaced Scalia and Kennedy with Liberals.

Hillary will be well to have avoided prison by then. I see Gowdy caught her in yet another whopper. But you're a left loon, honesty and credibility means nothing to you....just push that agenda

Forum List

Back