The Dress Cost $2,300!

All I can say is that if she paid $2,300 for that dress than she sure isn't a fashion icon and she doesn't mind getting taken either.

Hell. You could probably buy that same dress at Wal-mart for $30 bucks.
Why should she care what it costs? She isn't footing the bill. As far as how it looks, she's proven repeatedly in the past that appearances are secondary to the bragging rights to the price tag.
Who do you think buys her clothes? So many idiots posting here.

she does. ---------she could have done a lot better just spending $100 ----
AND she gets to keep the dress

Ill fitting, ugly and inappropriate for meeting the pope.

Not worth $23 dollars

the daughter is SLEEVELESS!!! flaunting her bare biceps in the face of
IL PAPA (I is shock'ed)

I had to wear black three quarter sleeves, knee length dress and stockings at the Vatican, and veil on my head when presented to him. It was a special occasions as I was returning a papal ring to the Vatican, but even while doing the research and preparing the providence I still felt like I was dressed as a nun or going to a funeral while in the archives.

Sleeveless? Bright colors? The black and color was not so bad if it had been worn with a sweater or jacket.

That blue dress on Michelle was horrid in ever which way.

They weren't paying a call at the Vatican- in which case following the Vatican dress protocol would have been appropriate.

But the Pope was visiting the U.S.- where our protocols are in effect.

Glad to know that once again the Obama haters have found something important to focus on.

the whole thing had a RELIGIOUS tone-------in the glorious past-----when
popes visited various countries------not so frequent an event----the big shot
ladies ------did dress down a bit. ---down to the going to church level. The
dress that the first lady wore was -------a bit weird in color------and was
ill-fitting. ------the NUBILE girls -----had the arms exposed. Usually grown
ladies -------do a head cover thing----even if only-----a little symbolic
thing---the girls are OLD enough for that etiquette----it is customary for MILLENNIA-----dating back to ancient Greece.
Queen Elizabeth would probably do one of her dowdy little kerchiefs

Glad to know that once again the Obama haters have found something important to focus on.

Not worth $23 dollars

IL PAPA (I is shock'ed)

I had to wear black three quarter sleeves, knee length dress and stockings at the Vatican, and veil on my head when presented to him. It was a special occasions as I was returning a papal ring to the Vatican, but even while doing the research and preparing the providence I still felt like I was dressed as a nun or going to a funeral while in the archives.

Sleeveless? Bright colors? The black and color was not so bad if it had been worn with a sweater or jacket.

They weren't paying a call at the Vatican- in which case following the Vatican dress protocol would have been appropriate.

the whole thing had a RELIGIOUS tone-------in the glorious past-----when
popes visited various countries------not so frequent an event----the big shot
ladies ------did dress down a bit. ---down to the going to church level. The
dress that the first lady wore was -------a bit weird in color------and was
ill-fitting. ------the NUBILE girls -----had the arms exposed. Usually grown
ladies -------do a head cover thing----even if only-----a little symbolic
thing---the girls are OLD enough for that etiquette----it is customary for MILLENNIA-----dating back to ancient Greece.
Queen Elizabeth would probably do one of her dowdy little kerchiefs

c'mon-----the dull aquamarine was HIDEOUS. It did nothing for her

I certainly didn't expect this when I saw the topic heading and read the OP out of curiosity. I can only admit I find myself totally uncomfortable on the subject thinking it is rather queer.

I certainly didn't expect this when I saw the topic heading and read the OP out of curiosity. I can only admit I find myself totally uncomfortable on the subject thinking it is rather queer.

Do you also object to Shakespearean comedy

I have never been a fan of Michelle, I find her kinda bland and boring and the fact she dresses like a random, afraid to piss off white people ticks me off. All first ladies, save for this Uncle Tomasia, wore designer shit, but ol girl is so afraid to piss off white fucks, she has always dressed like a fool and to her credit, she wears it well.....besides, she is not a pretty woman, so I don't think anything can make or break her.

discussing fashion or the lack of? why is that queer?

Not worth $23 dollars

IL PAPA (I is shock'ed)

True, Vatican protocol is not in effect in the US. Still, it's polite to dress in a way that shows respect for your guest. That's just common courtesy.

And it's just common sense to try to look your best when you are in the public eye. You don't have to hate someone to notice that. All you need is an intact brain stem.

Last edited:
When I worked at the Treasury building many years ago, I wondered into this little dress shop that had maybe 5 dresses on display. I saw one I thought would look nice on my wife, and picked it up and an attendant came scurrying over like I was about to set the place on fire.

That little dress had a sticker price of around $14,000, if I recall correctly. I think the name of the store was Channel.

Never went there again.

Could always have been worse, she could have drank from the popes water glass.

What was Brady and the other Catholics in Congress thinking?

When I worked at the Treasury building many years ago, I wondered into this little dress shop that had maybe 5 dresses on display. I saw one I thought would look nice on my wife, and picked it up and an attendant came scurrying over like I was about to set the place on fire.

That little dress had a sticker price of around $14,000, if I recall correctly. I think the name of the store was Chanel.

Never went there again.

I have never been a fan of Michelle, I find her kinda bland and boring and the fact she dresses like a random, afraid to piss off white people ticks me off. All first ladies, save for this Uncle Tomasia, wore designer shit, but ol girl is so afraid to piss off white fucks, she has always dressed like a fool and to her credit, she wears it well.....besides, she is not a pretty woman, so I don't think anything can make or break her.

she pisses me off--------I think she is pretty and has an excellent figure-------
she should have been a bit more-------"meeting the pope" In her attire
IMH (white jewish) O It was a formal event

she pisses me off--------I think she is pretty and has an excellent figure-------

Naw, meeting this particular Pope dressed to the hilt, kinda deflects his message of being on the humble side, she dressed okay, but if that mess cost as much as posted? Somebody is rippin her and her man off big time.

Naw, meeting this particular Pope dressed to the hilt, kinda deflects his message of being on the humble side, she dressed okay, but if that mess cost as much as posted? Somebody is rippin her and her man off big time.
you think that dress ripped obama off?
how do you think he felt the first time he saw "her" naked and discovered "her" ball sack was bigger than his.
actually since he married it,, I guess he was pretty happy about that.

Forum List

Back