The economy continues to grow

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
WASHINGTON — Fresh evidence indicates that the labor market is continuing to heal and that there's stronger economic growth supporting new hiring than the most obvious numbers might suggest.

The Labor Department said Thursday that new claims for unemployment benefits dipped last week to 359,000 — the lowest level since April 2008. Jobless claims have been moving steadily lower in recent weeks amid other signs that the job market is gaining strength.

Separately, the Commerce Department said Thursday that its latest tally of the nation's gross domestic product, the total value of goods and services produced, showed a solid 3% annualized increase in the fourth quarter last year.

That's unchanged from its previous estimate, but the new report showed gross domestic income — another broad but less commonly cited measure of economic activity — jumped at a much higher annualized rate of 4.4% in that quarter.

New claims for jobless benefits drop; GDP grows at solid pace - latimes.com

Bottom line is the monthly unemployment statistic now at 8.3% - below 8% by Nov. would help greatly.

The GDP 3% is a very positive sign - should portend a healthy environment for Wall Street.

The actual growth rate is probably somewhere between those 3.0 and 4.4 figures (which should be identical). Pretty damn solid.

I wish I could trust the numbers, but theyve been manipulated so much. I do trust what I see and hear. And while i wish for a full recovery, I dont know that it will ever happen during this administration.

If it does, Obama might win, but we still have plenty of issues to run against him. His record is still very abysmal. and I dont see how he is going to slow inflation on food and gas prices without a significant policy shift.

Thank goodness for the Bush tax cuts that Obama didn't git rid of like he promised.

No matter how many time you repeat the economy is getting better it's not going to make it true.

Horsepatoot.

Too bad the Pubs had to set things back 3-5 months with that credit rating fiasco...

Obama NEVER wanted to raise taxes on the rich before 2013, dittohead dupe...

Last edited:
No matter how many time you repeat the economy is getting better it's not going to make it true.

Growth of between 3 and 4.4% combined with 200+ thousands jobs per month isn't improvement?

Where did you get those numbers?,,,,,, No wait obama's labor department?

The first two are from the Bureau of Economic Analysis. The last one is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

But I'm sure your observations from a street corner in your hometown are more accurate for the nation as a whole.

And the prospect of Obamacare in the dumpster is going to do the economy even more good.

Growth of between 3 and 4.4% combined with 200+ thousands jobs per month isn't improvement?

The first two are from the Bureau of Economic Analysis. The last one is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

But I'm sure your observations from a street corner in your hometown are more accurate for the nation as a whole.

Got it those numbers are from obama's departments thats all you have to say. Hey the economy is doing great that is if you don't need a job.

Got it those numbers are from obama's departments thats all you have to say. Hey the economy is doing great that is if you don't need a job.

if the department was going to make up numbers why would they publish an 8.3% unemployment rate and a 1.4% discrepancy in economic growth?:lol:

WASHINGTON — Fresh evidence indicates that the labor market is continuing to heal and that there's stronger economic growth supporting new hiring than the most obvious numbers might suggest.

The Labor Department said Thursday that new claims for unemployment benefits dipped last week to 359,000 — the lowest level since April 2008. Jobless claims have been moving steadily lower in recent weeks amid other signs that the job market is gaining strength.

Separately, the Commerce Department said Thursday that its latest tally of the nation's gross domestic product, the total value of goods and services produced, showed a solid 3% annualized increase in the fourth quarter last year.

That's unchanged from its previous estimate, but the new report showed gross domestic income — another broad but less commonly cited measure of economic activity — jumped at a much higher annualized rate of 4.4% in that quarter.

republicans in congress obstructing Obamas agenda is the reason !!! the president and his left wing cronies have been accusing the right of obstruction for over a year !!! :clap2::clap2: God Bless the Republicans !!

republicans in congress obstructing Obamas agenda is the reason !!! the president and his left wing cronies have been accusing the right of obstruction for over a year !!! :clap2::clap2: God Bless the Republicans !!

The economy's been growing since June of 2009. God bless Obama!!

Wrong AGAIN!! LOL

Think about it (I know it's tough, but try):

Hiring froze when small business owners got saddled with the possibility of having to insure any new-hire they may bring on.

Watch. The day O-Care gets flushed, the UE problem will fade away

Forum List

Back