🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Economy is Fucking Terrible

Prostitution: Sex doesn?t sell | The Economist

I guess people can't afford to blow their money anymore. Everybody's getting screwed...or not.
Prostitution should be legal and taxed, the same as drugs.

No, it should not. Go read any of the many threads on the subject to find out why you are wrong.
*cough* Prostitution is already legal in New Zealand, don't need the faulty US estimates and scaremongering: Legalized brothels ?fantastic? for New Zealand, prostitutes say | Toronto Star
The website for the Bon Ton brothel in Wellington, New Zealand, invites customers to enter a “safe and secret oasis where the outside world melts away” and “courtesans” like Victoria and Isobella are ready to fulfill your fantasies on “fresh cotton linen.”

Prices vary from $228 to $304 (Cdn.), depending on which lady or “combination of ladies” you hire, and online biographical details such as age and bust size can help with those difficult decisions.
Credit cards are welcome but the same can’t be said for customers who are intoxicated or refuse to wear a condom.

That’s not just Bon Ton policy. Under the Prostitution Reform Act introduced by the New Zealand government in 2003, brothel operators who don’t promote safe sex face criminal charges.

Prostitutes are also covered under occupational health and safety laws.
“It’s been just fantastic, really,” said Catherine Healey, national coordinator for the New Zealand Prostitutes’ Collective.
Whereas in the US you punish prostitutes just for doing their jobs, and give them an unsafe work environment.

Last edited:
By the time most of us are 250 years old, we will be down to 6.5% unemployment....I cant wait !!!

I'll bet this guy is in ecstatics right now:

conner-macleod.jpg

If businesses paid decent money, so that so many Americans weren't in extreme poverty, then it wouldn't be so bad as it is. Or are we meant to believe the 'job creator', 'trickle down', 'lower tax', 'no regulations' myths still; even though the recession was caused by the same BS the right wing is still pushing.

Ah, so you think even higher unemployment is the answer? That's...just...brilliant...:eusa_whistle:
Nope, lower unemployment by spending money on infrastructure, social welfare, and getting car makers out of bankruptcy was and still is the answer. If there had been more stimulus money the US would have been out in 2009. But instead the tea party/neoliberal con artists spun their faulty data, about the world ending when government debt reaches 100%.

what a bunch of baloney :lol:

If businesses paid decent money, so that so many Americans weren't in extreme poverty, then it wouldn't be so bad as it is. Or are we meant to believe the 'job creator', 'trickle down', 'lower tax', 'no regulations' myths still; even though the recession was caused by the same BS the right wing is still pushing.

Ah, so you think even higher unemployment is the answer? That's...just...brilliant...:eusa_whistle:
Nope, lower unemployment by spending money on infrastructure, social welfare, and getting car makers out of bankruptcy was and still is the answer. If there had been more stimulus money the US would have been out in 2009.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI]Picard's Epic Double Facepalm - YouTube[/ame]

You're fucking hopeless.

No, it should not. Go read any of the many threads on the subject to find out why you are wrong.
*cough* Prostitution is already legal in New Zealand, .

The stupid, immoral, misogynistic idea of legal prostitution has been roundly discredited and disproven elsewhere. Have fun reading.
Good, stay in Gilead; or keep dreaming you are in it. Meanwhile, in the rest of the world is becoming more pro-choice and prostitution laws are improving:
legal-map1.jpg

Nope, lower unemployment by spending money on infrastructure, social welfare, and getting car makers out of bankruptcy was and still is the answer. If there had been more stimulus money the US would have been out in 2009.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI"]Picard's Epic Double Facepalm - YouTube[/ame]

You're fucking hopeless.
So says the Ferengi. Time for an education lesson from Picard himself:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQQYbKT_rMg]Star Trek Economy - YouTube[/ame]

I guess people can't afford to blow their money anymore. Everybody's getting screwed...or not.

I think it was in Germany where a woman on welfare was informed that there was a vacancy in the brothel and that she had to take that job. I am not sure what the current status of that situation is but placing prostitution in the same category as rest of the normal jobs poses complications as you can see.

I think it was in Germany where a woman on welfare was informed that there was a vacancy in the brothel and that she had to take that job. I am not sure what the current status of that situation is but placing prostitution in the same category as rest of the normal jobs poses complications as you can see.
No it doesn't, and it has been legal in New Zealand since 2003; and no implemented law has put it as the same as other jobs. So not sure where you are getting the idea it is unsafe from, here is the result; rather the scaremongering: Page
Just a few:
The main points about the Prostitution Reform Act are:

• [*] You have the right to refuse to have sex with a client for any reason, or for no reason. No one- including managers, receptionists, minders, clients, other workers, etc., can force you to have sex with a client, even if he has paid. Managers cannot fine you for refusing a client- it is against the law for them to do so.
    [*] You cannot be coerced (“induced or compelled”) into having sex by having money taken off you, etc., (i.e., fined, etc.), or threatened in any way. Section 16 of the Prostitution Reform Act states any person who does so “commits an offence and is liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 14 years”.
  • You do not have to register with the police, or even contact the police, if you wish to be a sex worker in New Zealand. Under the old laws, Massage parlours were required to keep a register of names, with identifying details, which were to be given to the police for inspection “upon request”. In some areas, people working privately had to register with the police before they could advertise in their local newspaper. This is no longer the case.

• Operators, clients and sex workers must take all reasonable steps to “ensure a prophylactic sheath (condom) or other appropriate barrier is used if those services involve vaginal, anal, or oral penetration or another activity with a similar or greater risk of acquiring or transmitting sexually transmissible infections”. Failure to do so can mean a hefty fine. This means that everyone should use a condom and/or dental dam for vaginal, oral and anal sex.

• A brothel is a place that is habitually used by just one sex worker or more for commercial sex activities with clients. All brothels must display health promotion messages. There are some posters that have been published by the Ministry of Health that spell out the requirements for safer sex practices. These are available from NZPC and are free.

*cough* Prostitution is already legal in New Zealand, .

The stupid, immoral, misogynistic idea of legal prostitution has been roundly discredited and disproven elsewhere. Have fun reading.
Good, stay in Gilead; or keep dreaming you are in it. Meanwhile, in the rest of the world is becoming more pro-choice and prostitution laws are improving:

Chelsea-Lyn Rudder: Sex for Sale: Legalized Prostitution Hurts Human Trafficking Victims

Does Legalized Prostitution Increase Human Trafficking?

Chelsea-Lyn Rudder: Sex for Sale: Legalized Prostitution Hurts Human Trafficking Victims

Does Legalized Prostitution Increase Human Trafficking?
Human trafficing occurs regardless, no solid proof from either that fully legalized prostitution actually increases trafficking. Misleading articles at best. Here are the actual statistics versus the speculation:
human_trafficking_map.jpg

You didn't read the study, did you hack?

The second link. Read it.

You didn't read the study, did you hack?

The second link. Read it.
Already did, and if you look at the data for human trafficking on the map I just posted you see that the US (being a nation that is meant to have made prostitution illegal) has a higher rate of trafficking than Canada, the UK, France, etc. In New Zealand in 2009 (prostitution was made legal in 2003) there were no incidents (victims or otherwise).

There are a lot of vested interests in law enforcement and among religious groups to fudge figures or make prostitution a criminal behaviour (rather than just accept prostitution as human behaviour) . But I don't need a prostitute myself, good looking enough to get plenty of dates (male or female).

The US has sex slave dens run by drug lords, so keep going, want to hear how magically legalizing it (or making it illegal) makes human behaviour change - it doesn't, in some nations trafficking is higher, in others it is lower. To try and equate the trafficking statistics to laws/or lack of them, you are actually proving your argument flawed as the UK (which has more liberal prostitution law) has lower incidents than the US; likewise New Zealand had none in 2009.

Forum List

Back