The Education Gap in Presidential Politics

Between White Americans who support Harris or Trump, the disparity in college education is an even more significant factor than age or gender.
The disparity is reflected in the allocation of the electoral votes of states.

At the extremes of the best-educated/least-educated continuum and their respective electoral votes:

1) Massachusetts [11]​
2) Colorado [10]​
3) Maryland [10]​
4) Connecticut [07]​
5) New Hampshire [04]​
6) Vermont [03]​
7) Virginia [13]​
8] Minnesota [10]​
9) Washington [12]​
0) New Jersey [14]​

vs

41) Tennessee [11]​
42) Texas [40]​
43) Oklahoma [07]​
44) Alabama [11]​
45) Nevada [06]​
46) Kentucky [08]​
47) Arkansas [06]​
48] Louisiana [08]​
49) Mississippi [06]​
50) West Virginia [04]​
Of course, age and gender are also major demographic factors.

A USA Today/Suffolk University poll released Thursday found young people swung a massive 24 points between June and August, from favoring Trump over President Biden by 11 points to picking Harris over Trump by 13 points.​

Not sure if you're aware, janitors and rocket scientists are all afforded an equal right to vote. I'm not aware if any of your 'demographics' are anywhere in the COTUS.

Not sure if you're aware, janitors and rocket scientists are all afforded an equal right to vote. I'm not aware if any of your 'demographics' are anywhere in the COTUS.
I have neither questioned any American's right to vote, nor the equality of their votes. (Unlike the fake hillbilly who thinks breeders' votes should count for more.) Nor have I commented upon the relative qualifications for knowledgeably voting.

The stark disparity between the best-educated states and least-educated states is an objective reality - without needing to be judgmental.

Last edited:
Education level is kinda pointless anymore when you consider all the useless degrees people get that they can't pay for.
More to the point, if they didn't grasp what borrowed money meant in terms of repayment, if they got degrees that have no market for employment, if they fail to grasp basic economics enough to realize they are responsible for the debt they incurred, then:
Their degree shows no correlation to intelligence, maturity, intellect, or value to the employment market or society in general.

They may have a lot of schooling, but they got no education.

Full of yourself is what you're trying to say after going full Hillary, disparaging 'the other' voters.....you know, the deplorable's.... :biggrin:

It's typical product of modern 'education', an amoral halfwit with high self-esteem running around making dumbass pronouncements they get from sociopaths and commies.

It's typical product of modern 'education', an amoral halfwit with high self-esteem running around making dumbass pronouncements they get from sociopaths and commies.
An “amoral halfwit with high self-esteem”

Well said

And very true for many libs graduating from American and Euro universities

Well, see, you're not anywhere near 'educated' and have no idea of the disparity in the first place.
I have made no reference to my personal academic achievement, nor do I pretend to know or care about yours. That would be childish.

I cite the objective disparity:

Screen Shot 2024-09-24 at 7.38.52 AM.png

The disparity in academic achievement is reflected in the allocation of the electoral votes of states.

At the extremes of the best-educated/least-educated continuum and their respective electoral votes:

1) Massachusetts [11]​
2) Colorado [10]​
3) Maryland [10]​
4) Connecticut [07]​
5) New Hampshire [04]​
6) Vermont [03]​
7) Virginia [13]​
8] Minnesota [10]​
9) Washington [12]​
0) New Jersey [14]​
vs
41) Tennessee [11]​
42) Texas [40]​
43) Oklahoma [07]​
44) Alabama [11]​
45) Nevada [06]​
46) Kentucky [08]​
47) Arkansas [06]​
48] Louisiana [08]​
49) Mississippi [06]​
50) West Virginia [04]​

Last edited:
Full of yourself is what you're trying to say after going full Hillary, disparaging 'the other' voters.....you know, the deplorable's.... :biggrin:
You may wish to ask yourself why you need to pretend that I have disparaged anyone's vote when you cannot cite my ever having done so.

It is always fun to watch the remedial leftists trying to equate intelligence with party affiliation.

You see, they never received any positive feedback for their intelligence in school, so are trying desperately to find a way to assuage their damaged ego.

You may wish to ask yourself why you need to pretend that I have disparaged anyone's vote when you cannot cite my ever having done so.
No pretending, pretty obvious where this comment was pointing:

Between White Americans who support Harris or Trump, the disparity in college education is an even more significant factor than age or gender.

No pretending, pretty obvious where this comment was pointing:
You appear to be confused.

I pointed out a significant demographic factor in voting patterns with no qualitative judgment whatever.

Academic attainment is but one indicator - as is age, as is gender, as is race, as is religion.

A new poll by the Institute of Politics at the Harvard Kennedy School shows that among 18-to-29-year-olds nationwide, Harris holds a 31-point lead over Trump among likely voters in a multi-candidate matchup.
The gender gap is widening... among likely female voters, Harris leads by 70% to 23%.
Race is also a significant distinguishing factor:

Religious affiliation is yet another notable metric:

Conversely, older, less-educated, white male evangelicals prefer Trump by a wide margin.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back